• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Shakira - new album with song by Max Martin

Started by ShockdioN, January 06, 2014, 09:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Not a very good cover, but Shakira had worse.

And I liked it..

B Steady

http://www.ryanseacrest.com/2014/01/13/shakira-rihanna-cant-remember-forget-listen/

Not a smash hit, it's actually a summer song. Anyway a good song!

Rihanna >>> Shakira
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Quite like it. But I guess it's a grower and will get even better with more listens. Shakira and Rihanna both singing on this will of course stir quite attention even more if Shakira sang this on her own.

There must be a interesting journey of this song. Very random. From Erik Hassle to Shakira.

I am sure this was originally for Erik Hassle himself.
And I liked it..

B Steady

At first it's m a typical Shakira album song (nothing single-worthy) but as soon as Rihanna comes in it's a big tune! Definitely a grower!
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Out on iTunes.

With additional writing credits by Rihanna and Shakira. They were not mentioned at BMI.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-remember-to-forget-you/id795004938?i=795005399
http://open.spotify.com/track/0BBj0SW3vef8UNzTg4lwH9

QuoteShakira, John Hill, Tom Hull, Daniel Alexander, Erik Hassle & robyn fenty   

The song was surely written by a male perspective and then they had to switch it.
And I liked it..

ShockdioN

I'm pretty sure Shakira and Rihanna changed some of the lyrics, like "boy" part...easy parts lol

B Steady

Quote from: ShockdioN on January 13, 2014, 05:49:48 PM
I'm pretty sure Shakira and Rihanna changed some of the lyrics, like "boy" part...easy parts lol

I'm pretty sure shakira changed nothing. She's Beyoncé II

Talking of changes: could you please change the thread title? It's shakira feat. Rihanna!
Vila i frid Dag

melodicmoonlight

B Steady

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on January 13, 2014, 08:19:21 PM
do we know who produced?
John Hill. That's why it sounds like an average shakira song.
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

I've listened to the song three times in a row.

Sounds like a bad copy of Bruno Mars' Locked Out Of Heaven.

Sounds a lot like Erik Hassle songwriting style actually.
Like Benny said Rihanna adds a lot to the song. The other day I was talking to a friend about Rihanna and he's a rock guy, and he said that Rihanna was amazing, her voice, her style of singing, her tone, etc were just amazing. But he was unaware of Kuk Harrell vocal production: he's the man that found her singing style and she owes so much to him.

Raul_esp

Great song , but i Think it's missing something in the chorus.