• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Bonnie McKee "American Girl"

Started by turnaround, December 29, 2012, 05:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_A24

I'm not sure if the song lyrics are meant to be ironic at how American girls are pretty much just puffs of air, specifically girls from California. But if it is, it's pretty clever.

turnaround

Is this going everywhere on iTunes/airplay-wise? Last time I checked it wasn't even Top 100.
And I liked it..

nznexus

Quote from: turnaround on July 25, 2013, 11:37:02 PM
Is this going everywhere on iTunes/airplay-wise? Last time I checked it wasn't even Top 100.

i doubt this song will make sucess..
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

nznexus

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on July 25, 2013, 10:38:00 PM
what would you rather have the song called? "Raised by a Television"?

no.. :)
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

nznexus

bonnie mc kee..

chicken mc nuggest..

? :D

Axel

She posted that American Girl is number 1 on the Twitter music charts.

I didn't even know that exists. :-)

turnaround

Me neither. Where will this enter the charts?
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

Oliver is really good, they are actually trying to break it as songwriters/producers: actually got some placements on Kelly Clarkson, Adam Lambert and Ciara latest releases.

Feelgoodlies

So far she is a flop, she didnt even chart on the iTunes top 40!

turnaround

Billboard performance and hit medley.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/5523510/bonnie-mckee-studio-session-watch-american-girl-performance-hits

Still love the track.

There is also a interview.

Really would like to know how much input she had on all those songs. It's always like "her hits".
And I liked it..

Alex Martin

Sorry but her voice when she sings live sounds particularly unpleasant :o :o :o

Joshua

I don't think this song is going to go anywhere. Not sure her career as an artist will either unfortunately. It's like someone has seen her potential to be like the artists she works with, and then pushed her career in that direction. But for me it comes across as "hey I can sound like Katy because I write Katy Perry songs" rather than an artist with something new to offer.

j.fco.morales

Well, actually it makes sense starting from the point that she co-writes these songs.
I think she's really talented, but if you want to be a global popstar you have to make that x factor that makes you likeable and pleasant to watch, and I don't think she have that factor.

There's A LOT of talented people that just don't click as popstars, and it's just OK. In those cases we just have to enjoy the music.
It must be hard -you know, EGO!- but I can see a bright future for her as a pop songwriter.

Rebecca

yeah, I agree, she should stay as a songwriter, not everyone can be a pop star. She doesn't have that star quality to me. The song is good, but her voice is ear piercing. And that video! ugh! put some clothes on! if she was trying to make a statement about something, then Pink did it better in Stupid Girls.