• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

2013 - Max Martin Working With Backstreet Boys!

Started by gm33, July 18, 2012, 03:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gm33

New album for their 20th anniversary in April.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-backstreet-boys-reunite-original-lineup-plan-album-and-tour-20120717,0,156221.story

I was really hoping to post this in the Max Martin forum, but no mention of him or kristian or redone :(

I'm not terribly familiar with Martin Terefe, but he's from Sweden.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

Alex Martin

There's on ascap.com a song called THE RAIN and Max Martin is one of the writers together with Nick,Kevin and Brian.  ;D

turnaround

Cool, imagine that is going to be the first single. That would be amazing.

Do you have a way to filter the ASCAP list in order to get the most recent tracks?
And I liked it..

Raul_esp

20 years after , the first single should be a Max martin song!! , It's exciting!

Joshua

Yeah they're probably only working on a couple of tracks for Terefe. But wow, I can't wait to hear "The Rain"... wooo! Hopefully they're doing more than one track with Max this time. I loved "Bigger" so much, but it felt out of place on the last album with the random mix of other producers. Maybe if they'd kept the Kristian and Rami tracks it would've worked better. I'm hoping the renewed popularity in boyband pop will encourage them to do what they do best.

Khan9898

The Rain is a very old song, it was either for Millennium or Black and Blue. It was recently listed because I think they might have wanted to re-record the song but Brian might use it in the future.

Their in the studios in London with Martin Terefe, another Swedish producer/song-writer whose worked with Craig David, Jason Mraz, and Train. They will be in London till the first week of August. The closest cheiron writers would probably be Rami/Carl since their the only ones on a good relation with them but I doubt they wanna be known as the group who works with One Direction's producers.

Joshua

Quote from: Khan9898 on July 18, 2012, 06:54:39 PM
The Rain is a very old song, it was either for Millennium or Black and Blue.

Oh, well that sucks then. :( Still, I would like to hear it, even as a demo.

Quote from: Khan9898 on July 18, 2012, 06:54:39 PMThe closest cheiron writers would probably be Rami/Carl since their the only ones on a good relation with them

Really? Did something happen involving Max etc? I know there was all that rumoured drama with the last album where Rami and Kristian's work was apparently removed on Max's request... I so highly doubt that's true though.

Alex Martin

Khan, are you sure that the rain is an old song? I always look ascap.com and I had never seen before. It seems strange.... ::)

Khan9898

Rami/Kristian songs weren't removed per Max's request but on other albums with others artists he's done it with other Cheiron guys. It was more like a Jive screwed Rami and Kristian when they asked them to rush the songs to be placed on the album and they missed the cut.

If BSB worked with Max again it wouldn't be the same. He really recycles way too much and the guys got a shit end of his creativity stick with Bigger a couple years back. Besides why would you want to work with someone everyone's working with, you don't really stand out that way. But I do think if Carl and Rami are in London they will somehow work with the guys IF the guys want to.

In regards to The Rain, fans have asked Brian a lot about the song and in recent years he said he plans on putting it out in the future hopefully.

turnaround

Interesting story!
Can you reveal which artist was it where songs were removed?

So Max and Rami do not have a good relationship anymore actually? That would all make sense.

But I believe that Max, Andreas and Shellback could do some nice tracks for BSB.

And I liked it..

Axel

Khan: can you say why you have all of those insights? did you work with any of the guys?

Khan9898

Max is a great guy and is smart but there's a reason why his fellow Cheiron members don't work with him or like to work with an artist that Max is working with on a specific album. I'll leave it at that.

Khan9898

Quote from: turnaround on July 20, 2012, 10:39:13 AM
Interesting story!
Can you reveal which artist was it where songs were removed?

So Max and Rami do not have a good relationship anymore actually? That would all make sense.

But I believe that Max, Andreas and Shellback could do some nice tracks for BSB.

Anyone can do nice tracks for BSB since their mentors thrived success off of them but its actually smart for BSB to move on and try something different. They should be leaders not followers.

Rebecca

Interesting Khan, but I would still love Max to work with BSB, I loved Bigger, but Max is probably too big now to work with BSB.

Joshua

Quote from: Khan9898 on July 19, 2012, 05:27:51 PM
Rami/Kristian songs weren't removed per Max's request but on other albums with others artists he's done it with other Cheiron guys.

I've read this elsewhere as well, but I still don't get why Max would want to do it... what's the advantage? Anything you could elaborate on? :)

Quote from: Khan9898 on July 19, 2012, 05:27:51 PMHe really recycles way too much and the guys got a shit end of his creativity stick with Bigger a couple years back.

There seems to be a down the middle divide of people who either love or hate "Bigger", I'm guessing it's down to the lyrics, which are even self aware of "how silly it sounds". But that's the only thing I could ever find fault with. I think the song overall is as good as any other track Max has done for them in the past. Jive and the guys can't have been too disappointed with it either, they performed it quite often and released it as the second single, albeit with terrible promotion.