• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Adam Lambert Announces New Album ‘The Original High’ & Sets New Single for April

Started by Eddie Krommer, January 16, 2015, 12:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

melodicmoonlight

Fantastic. This song defines what it means to build. That bridge into the final chorus. Continuous elements that all combine. Never explodes but just layers itself... dark, yet clubby and dancey.

And now I know this song is amazing

Dr. Fleischman

This song is fresh! I've been expecting techno influences to go mainstream for some time now. I think this can be a next big trend in pop after "deep house" era.

turnaround

I need a few listens definitely. It reminds me of the current Hilary Duff song "Sparks".

It's not that super catchy as I thought. This works as a intro or teaser but not on full lenght for me yet.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

I absolutely love this one: it's well produced, I love the contrast between the verses, the guitars mixed with the deep house instrumental... the dark lyrics and Adam not being flamboyant.

And the reverb in the first syllabes of the verses.

Additional info:
Written by Sterling Fox, Max Martin, Ali Payami, Tobias Karlsson, Adam Lambert.
Produced by Ali Payami & Max Martin

Rex

Jules

Quote from: j.fco.morales on April 21, 2015, 06:04:19 PM
Additional info:
Written by Sterling Fox, Max Martin, Ali Payami, Tobias Karlsson, Adam Lambert.
Produced by Ali Payami & Max Martin

Source?

turnaround

Adam Lambert, Lead Vocals, Main Artist - Ali Payami, All Additional Instruments, Producer, Programmer - Cory Bice, Engineer - John Hanes, Mixing Engineer - Max Martin, Producer - Peter Carlsson, Vocal Producer - Serban Ghenea, Mixer - Sterling Fox, Backing Vocals - Tobias Karlsson, Guitar - Tom Coyne, Masterer

Quobuz

Added the song to the Spotify playlist.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

This is a grower for me too. I like it, it just hasn't got stuck in my head yet.

j.fco.morales

I freaking love the song, the melody is stuck in my head.

I didn' feel like this since We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.

Feelgoodlies

I didn't really like it. This isn't really pop and his style. What's wrong with Max lately?

turnaround

And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on April 22, 2015, 07:59:55 PM
I didn't really like it. This isn't really pop and his style. What's wrong with Max lately?

That's the reason it is: pop is playing way too safe since a couple of years and this could be an attempt of a game changer.
The deep house trend is getting bigger and bigger -especially in the UK since 2013, after the Disclosure guys blowing up- and for example, people like Mary J. Blige wento to London for a month to write and record her latest release with english songwriters and producers.

An established producer like Max could repeat the same formula over and over again and play safe, but I guess he decided to go further. Since he's working with Ali Payami -who comes from a club background- his productions are way more electronic and rich sonically, sound designing wise.

If you check the credits, there's people with different backgrounds contributing their ideas: the guitars from the Carolina Liar guy, the deep house chorus from Ali Payami, plus three talented topliners and Adam's amazing voice.

As an anecdote: I worked at Lollapalooza this year. At the after festival party, there was Diplo and Skrillex doing a DJ set. They were playing music released through their labels and they were mainly showing bootlegs, their fave songs and some of their work in progress. I shamazed every single song because I didn't knew any of these and just blew my mind... the thing is: these dudes know what they are doing. And I absolutely love this as a career move for Adam and a new direction for Max, artistically speaking.

J_A24

B Steady

I don't understand why people consider this a new thing!? I've been hearing lots of similar songs on the radio for months now. this has to stop. I'd never expect a Max Martin involvement if I didn't know it.
Vila i frid Dag