• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Taylor Swift - Bad Blood (feat. Kendrick Lamar) from Album 1989 (Max Martin)

Started by gm33, November 18, 2013, 10:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex

Quote from: mxmcarl on February 20, 2015, 08:57:01 PM
Conway Studio C in Los Angeles.

If you want to know more you should call and ask for Chris, he runs the place.
+1 (323) 210 5882

Hahaha so i can just call him and ask for the complete story behind 1989? I don't mind paying for an international call...

turnaround

And I liked it..

Rex

Quote from: turnaround on February 26, 2015, 08:43:55 AM
Cool performance of "Blank space" at the Brit awards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsFhmRLfKj4

Deugh, I don't like it. Seems as if she had just come back home from a date and sings before going to bed. And her voice sounds sooo different, like a 40 yo madam

j.fco.morales

Her vocals are just impressive.

She did an amazing job, considering her vocals five years ago.

Adam B

Quote from: j.fco.morales on February 26, 2015, 09:31:30 PM
Her vocals are just impressive.

She did an amazing job, considering her vocals five years ago.

You realize it's only the verse that are live? And they don't sound 100% live either.

To me she's more talking than singing and just barely hits the right note...

bugmenot

She sings exactly as I first time saw her with breathless out of tune Back To December / Apologize performance at some show.

She is stabile.  ;D

melodicmoonlight

She's one of those artists who are better in the studio. Like Katy Perry. They need engineering and pitch correction. Their voices are just suited for recording studios.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Adam B on February 27, 2015, 12:51:43 AM
You realize it's only the verse that are live? And they don't sound 100% live either.

To me she's more talking than singing and just barely hits the right note...

It's a live performance: the choruses always have BGVs, even in performances and concerts.
There's some things that you can't do 100% live and it makes sense, in case you want to give a good performance.

Jules

Quote from: j.fco.morales on February 27, 2015, 11:04:06 PM
It's a live performance: the choruses always have BGVs, even in performances and concerts.

You've obviously never seen P!NK in concert.

j.fco.morales

No, I haven't. I surely will as soon as I have the opportunity.

My point is there's no big thing about using a backing track, in favour of a good performance.

Jules

Quote from: j.fco.morales on February 28, 2015, 08:10:17 PM
No, I haven't. I surely will as soon as I have the opportunity.

There are Blu-ray releases of her concerts.  ;)

sweetmelody

Khan9898

This is slightly off topic but in Style, the verse and bridge sounds very BSBish, and to be specific something that Brian would be doing. I wonder how much writing she's actually doing with Max. A lot of these artists changes a few words and or a line and are credited.

j.fco.morales

In this case in particular, I think she wrote to an Ali Payami track and worked the topline and lyrics with Max and Shellback.

In other cases, like Blank Space or How To Get The Girl, she comes up with the almost finished idea.