• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Normani - Motivation (Max Martin)

Started by turnaround, August 12, 2019, 06:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

"Motivation" is the upcoming lead single off of Normani's upcoming debut studio album. The song was written by Normani, Ariana Grande, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Savan Kotecha and Max Martin.

https://www.idolator.com/7850118/normani-announces-release-date-for-new-single-motivation?chrome=1
And I liked it..

bugmenot

They need to sign Ariana to Wolf Cousins already.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: bugmenot on August 13, 2019, 05:16:57 PM
They need to sign Ariana to Wolf Cousins already.

Hahaha but I bet she feels more like a Tommy Brown+Victoria Monet+Tayla Parx+Social House than a Wolf Cousin.

j.fco.morales

Like the topline but I don't like the production.

Sounds A LOT like Ariana.

B Steady

Oh how I wish this wasn't only written but also interpreted by Ariana.
Vila i frid Dag

nanofives

It sounds very Ariana-ish, but I think it's nice to see her doing other things, like a breath of fresh air.

david

sounds like a discard from thank u next, this one and how do you sleep by sam smith are the bests max songs since dangerous woman album in my opinion

j.fco.morales

Quote from: david on August 16, 2019, 04:33:34 PM
sounds like a discard from thank u next, this one and how do you sleep by sam smith are the bests max songs since dangerous woman album in my opinion

What? And the Ariana tracks on thank u next?

david

Quote from: j.fco.morales on August 16, 2019, 07:37:31 PM
What? And the Ariana tracks on thank u next?

I love bad idea and bloodline but I much prefer dangerous woman, bad decisions, side to side

melodicmoonlight

i like the song but why does it sound like the whole thing is mixed in terrible quality?

j.fco.morales

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on August 17, 2019, 01:26:30 AM
i like the song but why does it sound like the whole thing is mixed in terrible quality?

+1

AlexanderLaBrea

The Max co-writes on Thank You Next is some of his more mediocre work of the last couple of years IMO. God is a Woman was better. Gotta agree that Motivation is one of the better once ss of late. Nice to hear the pop melodies coming back. More Classic team MXM! But the production is weirdly lo-fi (and not in the positive way)

j.fco.morales

Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on August 18, 2019, 08:46:47 PM
The Max co-writes on Thank You Next is some of his more mediocre work of the last couple of years IMO. God is a Woman was better. Gotta agree that Motivation is one of the better once ss of late. Nice to hear the pop melodies coming back. More Classic team MXM! But the production is weirdly lo-fi (and not in the positive way)

Well, something similar happened back in 2001.
Hopefully he will find new collaborators.

nanofives