• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Backstreet Boys new album

Started by Rebecca, March 04, 2007, 11:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca

I wasn't sure which thread to put this in but anyway, I was just having a read on bsbweirdworld.com BSB's fanclub and there was a thread re a Brian interview in In Rock magazine and he was saying that there is no Max Martin songs on their new album. Apparently they called Max and he never returned their calls, he didn't want to work with BSB.
Pretty disappointing hey?
I guess Max wants work with new people now, which is fair enough.
I'm still really looking forward to Backstreet Boys new album anyway.

Here is the translated interview on LiveDaily:

http://talk.livedaily.com/showthread.php?t=569502

I guess we gotta believe it.

turnaround

Thanks for the link. That was a interesting read, and I am really surprised about this. Can't imagine why Max isn't even talking or answering them, I could have imagined they all became quite good friends. Weird. And it doesn't seemt like they work with another Swedish songwriters, which put me off the anticipation for the new album to be honest.

I wish we could ask Max what is his version about this.

I guess the Dan they work with is Dan Muckala, who wrote "Incomplete", what do you think?
And I liked it..

maxmartin'sfan

I think That it is impossible ...??

Alex Martin

Nooooooo is impossible for me. Why max doesn't answer to the bsb???? It's very strange. or the news isn't correct or probably from max and the BSB there's a serious problem.

Rebecca

Yeah, I'm pretty devastated about this. I'm still a BSB fan and still can't wait for their album, but yeah it has taken the edge off slightly.

Yeah, I think the Dan is Dan Muckala.

The thing is I remember another thread on bsbweirdworld and one of the Finland fans spoke to Rami and he told them that the songs were going to be more like Black & Blue and that they won't disappoint the fans. And I thought they went to Sweden to record. But Brian never mentioned Rami in that interview.

Perhaps Max just wants to work with debut artists mainly now?
but then he wrote for Avril Lavigne, it really doesn't make sense.

andrea

i'm a bit skeptical about this news... however I hope they'll work with rami and carlsson!

malcolm hogg

Yeah, i'm not sure wether to believe much of that or not. Gutted if it is true. But i doubt it very much. Not only is he a brilliant producer, he is also i think a very clever business man. And for him the Bsb's are some of the best business he could do. I remember in the hype that started to build before the last bsb album that they said one of the things that convinced them to do the album was the fact that Max had contacted them directly and told them he really wanted them to record a couple of songs that he'd written and produced especially for them. For a producer of his stature to write and produce anything specifically for a band that werent even functioning, says a lot about how highly i think he rates the bsb's.
Personally i will be so disappointed if there isn't something on this new album by the swedes.......Siberia part2 would be ideal!
Do we have any idea of a release date?
A childrens song, have you listened as they play? There song is love, and the children know the way!  B.Wilson/V.D. Parks. Brian Wilson presents Smile.

NIKLAS"NiCkY"

I asked rami at my space about bsb and the new album...

he said

unfortunately we are not involved in the album...maybe its a little chance that we do something in the end , but that chance are not big....

unfortunately he write.........

so sorry bsb without max and rami is not bsb
If you can dream it, you can be it.

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "Rebecca"Perhaps Max just wants to work with debut artists mainly now?
but then he wrote for Avril Lavigne, it really doesn't make sense.
I doubt he wrote for Avril. He wrote a bunch of songs together with Lukasz which Lukasz recorded with Avril in the end.
Don't think when writing a song they know who it's for or who is gonna perform it later.
Just look at "...Baby One More Time" <==> TLC (to name just one example).

NIKLAS"NiCkY"

jules i agree with you.....you have a good point
If you can dream it, you can be it.

Rebecca

Hey Nicky thanks for asking Rami, it was nice of Rami to reply to you even thought it's with bad news. At least we know definitely now.

Hey Jules, yep, good point, I had forgotten about that. makes sense now.

I'm still looking forward to the BSB album, I was sad all yesterday but then I remembered how much I love most of the unreleased tracks from Never Gone which has no Max Martin/Rami.

I don't know a release date.

I just wish other Max Martin/Rami could hurry up and be released.

maxmartin'sfan

I Would like to know really why they don't work with Max Martin..

Linda

same here..  its very sad
My jaw dropped when I heard....

emjay

To be honest, I'm not too upset by the news. I didn't like Just Want You To Know, but I loved Climbing The Walls (despite the fact that the final mix was crappy), but I dont think he has much to offer Backstreet this time around. His sound seems to have changed too much to suit Backstreet Boys anymore. I was hoping Rami would be working with them at least though. Oh well, I have heard some of the new songs and I'm pleasantly surprised by them.

Matt

emjay

Quote from: "malcolm hogg"Yeah, i'm not sure wether to believe much of that or not. Gutted if it is true. But i doubt it very much. Not only is he a brilliant producer, he is also i think a very clever business man. And for him the Bsb's are some of the best business he could do. I remember in the hype that started to build before the last bsb album that they said one of the things that convinced them to do the album was the fact that Max had contacted them directly and told them he really wanted them to record a couple of songs that he'd written and produced especially for them. For a producer of his stature to write and produce anything specifically for a band that werent even functioning, says a lot about how highly i think he rates the bsb's.
Personally i will be so disappointed if there isn't something on this new album by the swedes.......Siberia part2 would be ideal!
Do we have any idea of a release date?

For the record, BSB were tipped off by management, who were tipped off by Clive Davis, who knew Max had a song written for Audioslave (Climbing The Walls), that he thought they'd sound great on. And so began the pop/rock venture.