• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max/Luke/Bonnie....."Vacation", "Show Me What You Got", "Wild Wild Love" G.R.L.

Started by georg_e, June 18, 2013, 12:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axel

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on February 26, 2014, 11:47:15 AM
And that's the reason why they like to make shitty verses nowadays.
And since there's six writers, nobody gets the blame........

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

J_A24

GRL sounds good, but all of their voices are generic singing voices. There's something unique missing.

Feelgoodlies

There is no "generic" in voices J_A24... a good voice is a good voice! Unless you meant a voice like Adele or Macy Gray to sound special?

In my opinion, the group is a copy of the Pussycat Dolls and I think they won't make it because of it and also the Dr.Luke/Max stuff just didn't work with them as a group because, the way I see it, their stuff work better with solo singers.

J_A24

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on March 01, 2014, 11:06:01 AM
There is no "generic" in voices J_A24... a good voice is a good voice! Unless you meant a voice like Adele or Macy Gray to sound special?

In my opinion, the group is a copy of the Pussycat Dolls and I think they won't make it because of it and also the Dr.Luke/Max stuff just didn't work with them as a group because, the way I see it, their stuff work better with solo singers.

They do sound good, but by generic I meant that it's a voice in a million. With groups like that, they tend to develop their own vocal identity with time.

And I don't think they will work either, but not because of the music, they're just really bland overall.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: J_A24 on March 01, 2014, 09:37:24 PM
They do sound good, but by generic I meant that it's a voice in a million. With groups like that, they tend to develop their own vocal identity with time.

And I don't think they will work either, but not because of the music, they're just really bland overall.

I agree with you. You hear a voice and you find something interesting on it: character, a personality.
And for me, these girls have nothing special, apart from being hot girls. And you don't see the hotness of the girls while you listening music, unless you're watching TV.

georg_e

Quote from: j.fco.morales on March 02, 2014, 01:47:21 PM
I agree with you. You hear a voice and you find something interesting on it: character, a personality.
And for me, these girls have nothing special, apart from being hot girls. And you don't see the hotness of the girls while you listening music, unless you're watching TV.
Agree totally.  The songs are great, but I don't see any real reason for this group to exist, other than to make money. It's not like the world was waiting for......another semi-hot looking girl group. 

melodicmoonlight

Their first official lead single, "Ugly Heart"

http://www.sh*rebeast.com/spuyofrrf57k

Prod by Dr Luke

j.fco.morales

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on March 14, 2014, 06:57:33 AM
Their first official lead single, "Ugly Heart"

http://www.sh*rebeast.com/spuyofrrf57k

Prod by Dr Luke

Here's another link to listen: http://www.idolator.com/7509763/g-r-l-ugly-heart-listen

Who wrote this? The chorus is strange.
I'm pretty sure this new "country" inspired sounding trend will be the tone for the productions for the rest of the year...

J_A24

Quote from: j.fco.morales on March 14, 2014, 04:49:41 PM
Here's another link to listen: http://www.idolator.com/7509763/g-r-l-ugly-heart-listen

Who wrote this? The chorus is strange.
I'm pretty sure this new "country" inspired sounding trend will be the tone for the productions for the rest of the year...

I think all the songs that they've released so far are better than that single. And yeah, the whole nu-folk thing will be the theme for the rest of the year. I like that sound, but the market is gonna be saturated by a bunch of songs like these and it will make them all feel less special.

Welcome to the corporate-ridden music industry.

Edit: The pre-chorus sounds like something Max Martin would come up with. Wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the writers.

turnaround

And I liked it..

uberweiss

I'm a sucker for the folk-pop trend and am totally fine with Ke$ha's "Last Goodbye" being a blueprint for pop hits in 2014. I love how the chorus flows and I love the way the girls sing it with such a determined charge. I can't even explain it right now, all I can say is this is stunning!

turnaround

Me too. I discovered this band from Berlin "Mighty Oaks" - check them out.

But back to G.R.L. - I LOVE LOVE LOVE "Ugly heart"

This could be the pop album of the century. Keep the hits coming girls.

The lyrics of "Ugly heart" make me smile.  :-* :-* :-*
And I liked it..