• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kristian Lundin...Good songwriter or Overestimated?

Started by Alex Martin, December 28, 2007, 07:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca

I'm a fan of Kristian and I always considered him to be one of the main songwriters at Cheiron and I loved so many songs of his at Cheiron, with or without Max, but he really hasn't done that many songs I like since Cheiron.

Since Cheiron, I absolutely love Westlife's "Amazing" but he wrote that with so many different songwriters.

Also love Nsync's "Just Don't Tell Me That" and "That Girl Will Never Be Mine" as they were still the Cheiron sound.

But apart from that, I can't think what else I love from him since the Cheiron days.

I don't agree that he's overestimated, I think he is hugely talented but possibly not as ambitious as Max? so doesn't write as many songs.

I don't mind about the 'nasty' lyrics Max now writes, in fact I like them - they're catchy lyrics but melody is the main thing for me.

Feelgoodlies

I think everybody here knows my opinion about Kristian, he is a great producer, I compare him to Max, it's just he hasn't got the chance to re-launch himself again as Max did with Dr.Luke, I'm sure if gets the chance, his music will be heard, I for one never thought Max Martn will be back after 2002, he totally vanished or at least he wrote songs for unknown acts acts, but he got lucky once he worked with Kelly Clarkson, and since then he's back on top, I wish the same thing for Kristian, I never heard a different sound from him, all he usually does is POP, so I really cannot wait for new stuff, probably AJ's album, and I really get mad when some, not necessarily on this forum, prefer Rami to him, it's not that I hate Rami, but it's really obvious that Kristian's talent is better.

Abou Max on Britney and recent stuff, I do love what he did recently, in fact what he did is so infectious, there is something very addictive about the tunes he does, he is great, but on Britney's Circus it wasn't the POP song I was expecting from him, actually If U Seek Amy if you analyse it, you will find out that it has that Rock-ellemnts more than POP-ellemnts, I don't know but I can't say that the record company did tell him not to be "bubble gummy" again when "Circus" and "Shattered Glass" are so early Britney-era, so I think deep down Max doesn't want POP when his recent HITS are mostly POP/ROCK, that's the answer, he might be afarid of doing POP and the song flops or described as a filler. Btw I read a review somewhere about Circus, it was described as Max Martin inspired song that Dr.Luke ripped.

ahmed

i never thought i would prefer Rami the way i do now, but actually i realized his importance and value after Max started to work with Dr.Luke, i feel like Max sacrificed good things in his song construction , maybe that's why he is the only producer from the old cheiron team who still work and write songs for big names, while we don't see the others or rarely see them working with unknown singers.

about Rami and Kristian lundin, Rami succeeded in inspiring a new style for himself even away from Max, Rami still writing great lyrics and his melodys and production are amazing, while Kristian is not doing anything anymore it is like he gave all he had in his music and has nothing more to do, yes he did great pop music but it seems he trapped him self in the pop cage, that makes Rami is kinda better he found a way to keep the high quality in music and lyrics but with a modernized way.

about ''if u seek amy'' .....Max Martin's name always stick with Britney as a young teenager and bubble gum pop music , when you mention Max Martin and Britney the first thing come to your mind is ''Baby one more time'' and''Oops i did it again'' , that was the thought in every Britney fan's mind and Britney's record label's mind,  that's why we don't find max on''in the zone'' and ''blackout'' , but when Max got the chance to work with Britney again on ''Circus'' he tried to change the thought the people knew about his work with Britney, so he did ''if u seek amy'' in that musical way, if he did a song like his old songs with her people will be like... nothing new, the same old teen style from Max, and think about the title it is obvious that Max tried to change the thought about his work with Britney lyrically too.

Alex Martin

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on December 06, 2008, 03:07:53 PM
I think everybody here knows my opinion about Kristian, he is a great producer, I compare him to Max, it's just he hasn't got the chance to re-launch himself again as Max did with Dr.Luke, I'm sure if gets the chance, his music will be heard, I for one never thought Max Martn will be back after 2002, he totally vanished or at least he wrote songs for unknown acts acts, but he got lucky once he worked with Kelly Clarkson, and since then he's back on top, I wish the same thing for Kristian, I never heard a different sound from him, all he usually does is POP, so I really cannot wait for new stuff, probably AJ's album, and I really get mad when some, not necessarily on this forum, prefer Rami to him, it's not that I hate Rami, but it's really obvious that Kristian's talent is better.

Abou Max on Britney and recent stuff, I do love what he did recently, in fact what he did is so infectious, there is something very addictive about the tunes he does, he is great, but on Britney's Circus it wasn't the POP song I was expecting from him, actually If U Seek Amy if you analyse it, you will find out that it has that Rock-ellemnts more than POP-ellemnts, I don't know but I can't say that the record company did tell him not to be "bubble gummy" again when "Circus" and "Shattered Glass" are so early Britney-era, so I think deep down Max doesn't want POP when his recent HITS are mostly POP/ROCK, that's the answer, he might be afarid of doing POP and the song flops or described as a filler. Btw I read a review somewhere about Circus, it was described as Max Martin inspired song that Dr.Luke ripped.

From 2002 to 2004 max was on tour with his band distant to the spotlight and he tooks a  pause from the production business after a long period of stress. Same for rami. Rami told me this  on myspace.

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: ahmed on December 06, 2008, 04:45:06 PM
i never thought i would prefer Rami the way i do now, but actually i realized his importance and value after Max started to work with Dr.Luke, i feel like Max sacrificed good things in his song construction , maybe that's why he is the only producer from the old cheiron team who still work and write songs for big names, while we don't see the others or rarely see them working with unknown singers.

That's why I said, Max has had the chance to re-launch himself again with big names such as Kelly Clarkson, although he used the same music with unknown artists before her such as "Marion Raven" but the songs didn't quite make it, so his success was a great luck, and I'm happy and proud of him, I just wish the same for Kristian, if he gets the right artist his songs will be as big or at least loved by so many, everybody said if "Eyes On Me" had been chosen as the comeback single for Celine it would've done amazingly great on the charts, but what can I say, stupid label decisions.

*Sabine*

What tour Alex? What band?
Rami answered you for real on myspace?

I agree Feelgoodlies! Eyes of Me was a wasted song, it NEEDED to be a single, it was just fantastic!

Alex Martin

I don't know which tour or the name of the band,sorry sabine. The only info i have is this,from 2002 to 2004 he was in tour,probably in sweden.

*Sabine*

Interesting, I guess this is were these pics in which he was singing are from.

nshinnosuke

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on December 06, 2008, 08:13:23 PM
Quote from: ahmed on December 06, 2008, 04:45:06 PM

That's why I said, Max has had the chance to re-launch himself again with big names such as Kelly Clarkson, although he used the same music with unknown artists before her such as "Marion Raven" but the songs didn't quite make it, so his success was a great luck, and I'm happy and proud of him, I just wish the same for Kristian, if he gets the right artist his songs will be as big or at least loved by so many, everybody said if "Eyes On Me" had been chosen as the comeback single for Celine it would've done amazingly great on the charts, but what can I say, stupid label decisions.
Did you mean Marion Raven is a waste of Max's songs? I kinda agree but here in my country and around Asia her album was a huge success,especially since the success of M2M,she was very well known and her album was very much anticipated,it's very rare here for a foreign artist to reach the number 1 spot but she made it...it was the label's fault not to release it internationally..

Feelgoodlies

Well, I am sorry but what counts the most is the American and European markets in sales, that's what we see eveyday, btw "Break Ya" was released in the UK but flopped badly, I think it's also been released in Germany, I'm not sure..., but wasn't able to make it, do you think if Since U Been Gone had been sung by an unknown artist it would've done the same??, I don't think, Kelly and her label knew what to do with the song, the song has launched Kelly Clarkson career in Europe.

nshinnosuke

Yeah, Break You flopped badly in european and US markets, I think because she was signed to an independent label by the time Set Me Free was released...some songs from Here I Am were included in Set Me Free,her exclusive European & US debut album with only 3 new songs..She got dropped from her old label after the success of Here I Am in Asia and got signed to an independent label to release her album in US and europe with no promotion...but now she's no longer with the label and recently she just got signed to a major label ( I forgot which one ) and they're planning to release her next record internationally...she's currently writing and recording some songs right now,I hope she works with Max again.. ;D

*Sabine*

Quote from: Alex Martin on December 07, 2008, 01:54:32 PM
Where are the pics?

I'm sorry, you have to be logged to Facebook for it to work, they're in the group "Max Martin Appreciation Society". Anyways I already posted those pics in the topic "Max Martin Pics": http://www.discopumper.de/smf/index.php?topic=53.0

Alex Martin

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on December 07, 2008, 02:38:01 PM
Well, I am sorry but what counts the most is the American and European markets in sales, that's what we see eveyday, btw "Break Ya" was released in the UK but flopped badly, I think it's also been released in Germany, I'm not sure..., but wasn't able to make it, do you think if Since U Been Gone had been sung by an unknown artist it would've done the same??, I don't think, Kelly and her label knew what to do with the song, the song has launched Kelly Clarkson career in Europe.
Kelly clarkson in europe wasn't unknow before since u been gone.

Unexpected

Quote from: Alex Martin on December 07, 2008, 08:14:17 PM
Quote from: Feelgoodlies on December 07, 2008, 02:38:01 PM
Kelly clarkson in europe wasn't unknow before since u been gone.

Maybe she wasn't unknown BUT barely known , Thankful wasn't a hit , I only remember Miss independent got plays on Uk TVs , and made it to #7 and dropped fast , if she was already known they would've released the 1st single (breakaway) worldwide but they didn't but they released the 2nd US single as the 1st international single which was Since you been gone , and waited to released Breakaway (the song) as the 5th international single ,

and BTW the song breakaway was a a good hit in the US ,  ;)