• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Songs with an army of songwriters

Started by turnaround, March 19, 2017, 11:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

I am searching for the songs with the most songwriter credits.

Please top this:

Drake - Glow

Graham Kanye West Shebib Malik Yusef Sakiya Sandifer Philip Bailey Noah Goldstein Maurice White Carlo Montagnese Majid Al-Maskati Gabriel Garzón-Montano Jefferies Ilsey Juber Louis King, Jr. Cydel Young Kenza Samir Jordan Ullman

17 names

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_Life

And I liked it..

melodicmoonlight

Eddie Krommer

Timber by Ke$ha is another one. It has 16 songwriting credits.

B Steady

Kanye West - All Day; 19 writers

written by Kanye West, Paul McCartney, Tyler Bryant, Kendrick Duckworth, Karim Kharbouch, Ernest Brown, Cydel Young, Victor Mensah, Allan Kyariga, Mike Dean, Che Pope, Noah Goldstein, Allen Ritter, Mario Winans, Charles Njapa, Malik Yusef Jones, Patrick Reynolds, Rennard East and Noel Ellis.
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

That's because of sample clearance, most of the times.

Is not like 16 people write a song... the producers and every person involved gets songwriting credits to get some royalties.
People do not get paid in cash or receive advances.

nanofives

I would call Once in a Lifetime a song with an army of songwriters, not because of the amount but the influence they all have on the industry.
Also it's a song that would happen Once in a Lifetime lol.

turnaround

G-Eazy feat. Kehlani - Good life

Justin Franks
Andrew Thomas
Moses Davis
Skylar Grey
Steven Marsden
Gerald Gillum
Jason Evigan
Vanessa Carlton
Marco Rodriguez-Diaz
Benjamin Diehl
Kehlani Ashley Parrish
Danny Majic
Dean Mundy

Quite a good song!
And I liked it..

nanofives

Quote from: turnaround on April 19, 2017, 01:20:07 PM
G-Eazy feat. Kehlani - Good life

Justin Franks
Andrew Thomas
Moses Davis
Skylar Grey
Steven Marsden
Gerald Gillum
Jason Evigan
Vanessa Carlton
Marco Rodriguez-Diaz
Benjamin Diehl
Kehlani Ashley Parrish
Danny Majic
Dean Mundy

Quite a good song!
DJ Frank E using the same formula since forever, lol. It's hard not to love it though, it's interesting how a lot of producers evolve and Justin keeps doing the same thing over and over again.

turnaround

New Iggy Azaela (Switch)

Amethyst Kelly
Anton Hård af Segerstad
Georgia Ku
Maurice "Verse" Simmonds
Kyle Owens
Akil King
Christopher Wallace
Jalacy J. Hawkins
Christopher Martin
And I liked it..

turnaround

Liam Payne - Strip that down

Howard E. Scott
Quavious Marshall
Brian Thompson
Harold Ray Brown
Rickardo Ducent
Ed Sheeran
Sylvester Allen
Shaun Pizzonia
Lee Oskar
Liam Payne
Orville Burrell
Le Roy Lonnie Jordan
Charles William Miller
Steve Mac
Morris Dickerson
And I liked it..

B Steady

Quote from: turnaround on May 19, 2017, 09:51:56 AM
Liam Payne - Strip that down

Howard E. Scott
Quavious Marshall
Brian Thompson
Harold Ray Brown
Rickardo Ducent
Ed Sheeran
Sylvester Allen
Shaun Pizzonia
Lee Oskar
Liam Payne
Orville Burrell
Le Roy Lonnie Jordan
Charles William Miller
Steve Mac
Morris Dickerson

Looks like at least one sample
Vila i frid Dag

bugmenot

Strip That Down has three songwriters, but sampling It Wasn't Me   by Shaggy.

turnaround

The Killers - The Man

Otha Nash
Robert Earl Bell
Richard Westfield
Ronnie Vannucci
Mark Stoermer
Claydes Smith
George Brown
Dennis Thomas
Garret Lee
Brandon Flowers
Ronald Bell
Donald Boyce
Robert Mickens
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

Found this: http://www.idolator.com/7659080/songwriter-profile-jacob-kasher-interview

Is there ever a case of too many cooks on a song?
Sometimes there are songs that have a lot of songwriters on it, but that doesn't mean they were all in the room. Sometimes, you'll have a song where let's say I'm in a room with two other writers and we're jamming around on guitar all day and we're kind of hitting a wall, so I pull up a beat loop and we write to it. That, all of a sudden, makes four people. But then you discover that three people made that loop, so that's six people. Oh, and then the artist wants to change a few words. That's seven people. And then the production's not quite right, so you get somebody to finish it. Now it's eight people.

If you really break it down, it's not like eight people were in a room making the song. There are so many different ways that that kind of cluster fuck can happen. But yeah, I don't do writing camps because I get really competitive and overwhelmed, especially when my friends are next door and I know they're really talented. I'd be so worried thinking, "Is my song better? Are they doing something I should be doing?" I like small, focused groups to bounce sounds with.

turnaround

And I liked it..