• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

I want it that way - Alternate version

Started by turnaround, April 23, 2007, 09:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Does anyone know the story behind it?
There is an alternative version for the song, with different lyrics?

Why that?

Did they have too much text or was it just for fun?
 :lol:  :D
And I liked it..

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "turnaround"Does anyone know the story behind it?
There is an alternative version for the song, with different lyrics?

Why that?

Did they have too much text or was it just for fun?
 :lol:  :D
It's the demo, called "No Goodbyes (I Want It That Way)".
A crappy fan-remixed version leaked on the net, I'm listening to it right now. It's the same song, they just slightly changed the lyrics before release.

turnaround

Thanks.
Luckily they changed it.

The lyrics to the actual version are way better.
And I liked it..

emjay

I have an unmastered copy of Millennium which has that version of the song on it (without the annoying fan-made beat), although it is just called "I Want It That Way". I like that version better in spots, and the  final version that made the released album better in some spots. It was actually played on a radio station near here, for a good week before it was pulled and the final version was played from then on.

I'd like to think that alternate version's lyrics came before the released version's because they seem to be more positive lyrics, and hasn't Max said that he prefers more melancholy feel? I guess they decided that the lyrics didn't fit the sound of the song

Matt

Rebecca

That's very interesting Matt about No Goodbyes being on an unmastered copy of Millennium.

Nick Carter spoke about this in the Sydney Press conference last year when they were here for their tour (Jan 06). Nick said that Robert 'Mutt' Lange wrote the alternate lyrics. I'm pretty sure he said that the first version was I Want It That Way (the one we know) and that the record company and maybe BSB themselves thought the lyrics didn't make sense and so the record company called in Mutt Lange and he re-wrote the lyrics but then they went with the original anyway.
I remembered that because I always wondered who wrote the lyrics to No Goodbyes (I Want It That Way). But I've never seen songwriting credits for No Goodbyes.

The reason Nick spoke about this was because a reporter asked him about what the lyrics meant to Incomplete and Nick laughed and said 'it's a trademark with the Backstreet Boys that our songs don't make sense' and then spoke about I Want It That Way.

I think I have No Goodbyes somewhere.

turnaround

Oh, thanks for the explanation!
Well in pop it's more how the word sounds than the meaning :D
And I liked it..

emjay

Wow, Rebecca, very interesting, what Nick said! I had no clue..

Rebecca

Yes, I thought what Nick said was very interesting. The full Sydney conference used to be on sonybmg.com.au under BSB section, but it's not there anymore. On YouTube they have the short version which doesn't show Nick talking about I Want It That Way, maybe the full version will come on You Tube oneday.

Alex Martin

I like the version LATINO by HOT BANDITOZ :D  Tell me why me duele el corasson......tel me why no existe la illusion :D

turnaround

Quote from: Alex Martin on April 28, 2007, 09:05:22 AM
I like the version LATINO by HOT BANDITOZ :D  Tell me why me duele el corasson......tel me why no existe la illusion :D
Oh, because they are on stage right now in front of hundred thousands of people live in Berlin I was reminded by them.

Maybe they perform their BSB song too, it would be cool if another Cheiron song would be performed there.

Lutricia McNeal was there before singing "Ain't that just the way" ;)

Here is the video for the Spanish version of "I want it that way" if people haven't heard it yet.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AnFdbC0IGuY
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Hey, thanks, I'd never heard the full version of it. Sounds great.

that's cool that Lutricia McNeal is at a NYE concert.

Rebecca

oh cool, I just found the alternate version: No Goodbyes with Nick speaking about Mutt Lange writing the lyrics to it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YGp60kKx4o8

turnaround

And I liked it..

LJ

Thanks Rebecca!
I never liked those lyrics to the demo...
However... the actual lyrics to the song never made much sense to me either. But it didn't really matter 'cause it sounded good and natural to sing it (and not like the other one)... plus it's an amazing song :)

turnaround

I think with every lyrics this song would have become a hit, it's just perfect.

It's interesting to listen to the demo!
And I liked it..