• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

"Edge of Glory"

Started by georg_e, May 11, 2011, 02:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

Pretty sure everyone's heard this by now, but what do you think?  To me it's  a HUGE song......takes dance music to a higher level emotionally......... http://www.okmagazine.com/2011/05/listen-to-lady-gagas-latest-born-this-way-single-edge-of-glory/

Alex Martin

Finally a great gaga's song....i really like it....very max/lukish ;) I love the sax.

Eddie Krommer

Some people compare it to My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson. If you listen carefully, it's almost the same chords pattern.

Anyway, I like it

Crane

I'm impressed. It's a very, very powerful song. I haven't heard many this strong songs from this century.

I love the combination of the vintage pop/soul harmonic stuff and the Max Martin kind of dance beat. And the FM synth (when the sax starts to play) is so refreshing.

So I truly like this. Both The Fame and The Fame Monster belong to my favorite albums of 21th century, and this song makes me believe Born This Way will belong to them as well. I was suspicious when I (at first) didn't really like the single Born This Way and Judas annoyed me because of the engineering that I find somewhat stuffy, but now I'm quite confident and why wouldn't I be, after all Lady Gaga and her producers are generally extremely much to my liking.

First post on this forum btw :)

E: But I'm wondering why is it uploaded with bad quality? I listened to it on 720p but it didn't sound like high quality MP3.

georg_e

^    ^     ^

Hey, Crane -- welcome!   I liked your thoughts on the song....yes, the synth accompanient to the sax solo is great, and the part at the end of the sax solo, where it's just synths and a long guitar note gives me chills it's so good.  Also, her vocals on the chorus have a great sound.....so powerful.    About the clip quality, who knows, but there's a bunch of 'em online now, maybe
better ones ;-)

Raul_esp

The song is great , But I prefer ''Judas''.

JackSnr

Amazing chorus. It's not as clean as a Max song, sonically. Lady Gaga's not really my favorite pop singer but I still hope this song does well for her. I'm sure it will.

Matteo87

It's a good Dance-Pop song, but I prefer the Redonish beat. I'm in love with Judas :)

I think that "Marry The Night" will be a wonderful Gaga's Pop song...
"I didn't even know what a producer did, I spent two years day and night in that studio trying to learn what the hell was going on." - Max Martin