• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Veronicas "have no intention of working with him ag

Started by hits, April 30, 2007, 07:52:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hits

http://perezhilton.com/topics/personally_perez/

After Megan and Kelly, now the 3rd artist who doesnt wanna work with Max (and Luke) again. Wonder what Pink's gonna do...

Rebecca

wow, thanks hits for posting this link!

The Veronicas have no intention of working with Max again! I can hardly believe it, almost all their success is due to 4Ever and Everything I'm Not!

Why, I wonder?

I don't want to be rude as I don't know the whole situation, but it's like these popstars are forgetting that we like them because of their songs! being pretty and having a good voice is not enough!

Again, their loss!

I wonder if they'll sing and release that song they wrote with Andreas Carlsson?

All this talk of Max recycling is getting ridiculous! Most songwriters have a certain style they keep to eg Diane Warren! and many others! I don't think there's anything wrong with that! well I'm going to the Pink concert tonight so I gotta go.

turnaround

If I were Max I would be feel pretty USED, I think.

Of course, he gets good money, and basically he shouldn't even bother what anyone says, as he doesn't even need to work anymore but still it all comes across pretty unthankful by the artists.

But the fans will decide, and Pinks latest success shows what they want.
And I liked it..

Alex Martin

I think megan,kelly and now the veronicas are DRUNK!!!!  :D

maxmartin'sfan

If she does't wanna work with him...

I Can Work with him? ^^

ITS ALIVE

Deep down all these artists know that without Max and co they would be nothing.

NIKLAS"NiCkY"

Quote from: "ITS ALIVE"Deep down all these artists know that without Max and co they would be nothing.

i agree its so right........... :lol:
If you can dream it, you can be it.

hits

Come on guys, I'm also a big Max fan, thats why I am here. But especially with the Veronicas and Pink thing he crossed the line. They (max and luke) basically took the song they wrote for the Veronicas and then used it again for Pink. Max should feel used? For what? If I'd be the Veronicas I'd feel used. Imagine you are a new act, get to work with this hot shot producer, he writes and produces this song for you, and a year after releasing it, you hear the same exact song on the radio, just sung by a different artist and with different lyrics. Who is feeling used, or betrayed here?

I dont want to sound rude, but we need to stop bashing artists for turning their back on Max. No SANE artist would stop working with a great songwriter for no reason. If you have a great (working) relationship with somebody, as Max had with BSB, NSYNC, Britney (and lots of other artists), you keep working with that person. You dont stop for no reason.

And yes, songwriters have a certain style. But before the "4ever / U+Ur Hand / Tap That" thing, I have never heard 3 Max songs that sounded THAT alike. Never. Again, I think he crossed the line, and obviously all those artists feel the same way.

NIKLAS"NiCkY"

Quote from: "hits"Come on guys, I'm also a big Max fan, thats why I am here. But especially with the Veronicas and Pink thing he crossed the line. They (max and luke) basically took the song they wrote for the Veronicas and then used it again for Pink. Max should feel used? For what? If I'd be the Veronicas I'd feel used. Imagine you are a new act, get to work with this hot shot producer, he writes and produces this song for you, and a year after releasing it, you hear the same exact song on the radio, just sung by a different artist and with different lyrics. Who is feeling used, or betrayed here?

I dont want to sound rude, but we need to stop bashing artists for turning their back on Max. No SANE artist would stop working with a great songwriter for no reason. If you have a great (working) relationship with somebody, as Max had with BSB, NSYNC, Britney (and lots of other artists), you keep working with that person. You dont stop for no reason.

And yes, songwriters have a certain style. But before the "4ever / U+Ur Hand / Tap That" thing, I have never heard 3 Max songs that sounded THAT alike. Never. Again, I think he crossed the line, and obviously all those artists feel the same way.

ok maybe i am stupid but 4ever and u+ur hand??? same song but diffrent lyrics...ok i am stupid, ok for u and ur hand and tap that but 4ever???....ok hits you knew best....sorry  :twisted:
If you can dream it, you can be it.

turnaround

I haven't thought about it that way to be honest.

I can see your point.

But still they got a hit, and if he delivers them another one, I don't understand why the categorically say no already. They don't know if they need him again one day, and without "4ever" maybe their career would have gone completely different.

Here is another mash-up ;)

They sound fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_7m4nwAQF4
And I liked it..

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "hits"http://perezhilton.com/topics/personally_perez/
First of all, that info is from Perez Hilton!
Come on. *lol* Anyone heard of the German "BILD Zeitung"?  :roll: :roll:

hits

Quote from: "®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ"
Quote from: "hits"http://perezhilton.com/topics/personally_perez/
First of all, that info is from Perez Hilton!
Come on. *lol* Anyone heard of the German "BILD Zeitung"?  :roll: :roll:

Just wait for the Veronicas' new album, which will most likely come out in late 2007. You'll see that Perez didnt made this up.

Rebecca

You have a point Hits with the songs being alike, but as Turnaround says The Veronicas got a hit song. It's pretty hard for new artists to break through but they were able to with the song 4Ever, that song was a massive hit here in Australia as was Everything I'm Not. Their album here stayed in the Top 40 for over 1 year.

As for Pink, the Max Martin songs completely rejuvenated her career. As an example when Pink toured Australia after her album Try This she barely sold out 1 concert at Sydney Entertainment Centre, now with I'm Not Dead she's sold out 5 concerts and I'm Not Dead has stayed in the Top 10 for over 1 year here in Australia due to the singles Who Knew and U + Ur Hand.

For me, regardless of how similar the songs are, these artists got themselves hit songs and they should be extremely thankful for that.

I believe Perez on this one too, The Veronicas have often talked about the way they write songs and I can vaguely remember one interview that they said they were pushed by their record company to record with this producer/that producer (they didn't mention names), so maybe there's a bitterness there.

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "hits"Just wait for the Veronicas' new album, which will most likely come out in late 2007. You'll see that Perez didnt made this up.
I wasn't saying they will record with Max Martin.
I just posted my opinion about perezhilton.com.