• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

StringWheel pad?

Started by crushroller, February 02, 2014, 04:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crushroller

Hi I heard this was a very used pad by Cheiron and wanted to hear what it was.. was told it was on EMU vintage keys but I've read the manual and in the patch listing there is no patch called StringWheel. A Google search brought me to this forum but the topic about StringWheel seems to have been deleted, and the forum search doesn't come up with any results. Could anyone please shed some light?
Thank you

nznexus

as if i understand you want to hear this pad sound right?

maybe the pad sound is from the roland JV 2080

emu vintage keys is from emulator i guess. but vintage keys does not have any pad sounds only piano sounds.

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

BennyJ

There've been two versions of the Vintage Keys. String Wheel is on the so-called Vintage Keys Plus. I own that module and can confirm that the sound is on position 15.

I think this was used in the background of many older Cheiron songs but would say it's not very interesting and probably easy to replicate with a good virtual-analog synth. However, if you need it, I could possibly sample it.

crushroller

Thank you Benny for that info and Nexus for your input

Benny if you were up for doing that I would really love you to and would happily send you some money for your time. Just had a look on YouTube for the sound on Plus videos and didn't come across any, also just looked on eBay for the Plus but didn't find any for sale either

Lucalucky

I benny j... can you sample it... tnx

BennyJ

Ok, I'll do it tomorrow. Would it be sufficient if just recorded it and left it to you to do the necessary cutting and looping? (cause it's quite some effort).

I will record 7 octaves, every note, two velocity levels (127 & 64), MIDI controlled, each note one bar long (at 120 bpm) with two bars of separation between them, all at 192KHz/24 bit wave. Let me know if this makes sense or if you need anything else.

Best,
Benny

crushroller

Benny that would be perfect thank you, you are a Godsend do you want some money? I can at least send you 15 bucks or something if you don't want anything.. will pay for your next meal at the diner  :)

Lucalucky

Perfect thanks bro.......

BennyJ

Hi, ok you can download it from here:  8)

https://mega.co.nz/#!lkR1RDwQ!EDRYMh_nL5CHIew6_St8FmywVjW0p-2HK8SbY7Kw2TA

- package contains 2 wave files (24bit, 96KHz), based on different velocity settings (127, 64)
- also contains a MIDI file with the notes (in case you need them)
- notes start at C0 and go all the way up to B6. Each note is one bar long (at 120 bpm) followed by one bar of separation
- Recording was done with the Vintage Keys' volume set to maximum and 6dB of input gain applied. No normalization has been applied.

So I think this should allow you to sample it accurately and end up with a very realistic copy of the String Wheel sound.

Let me know if you need anything else.

P.S. I've attached a short String Wheel example as mp3 so you get an idea what it sounds like...

nznexus

i just listened to this pad sound and it sounds nothing special.

i dont get why people want it.!

but thanks for sampling it anyway

it sounds like it could be from roland d 50 or something
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

BennyJ

Yeah I know, it sounds just like a simple pad sound.

But I guess some people want to replicate the original Cheiron sonic landscape so it makes sense to use it. Also, as with many of these EMU sounds, they fit nicely in the mix because they're not as heavy-weight as many of the modern synth sounds.

nznexus

it sounds dated. i wonder in w hich songs they used this pad sound?

crushroller

Thank you Benny! Just downloaded the archive, will report back

crushroller

It really is a beautiful pad it fits beautifully into the mix and has lovely movement. I haven't done the looping but I will post an .nki for it when it's done for anyone who wants the instrument

Here it is in a mix: https://soundcloud.com/robertdeanmusic/stringwheel/s-2JzrP

nznexus

no but seriously.. thats interesting mix you made.

would u share the kontakt format for this sound