• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Weeknd feat. Daft Punk - Starboy from Album Starboy

Started by turnaround, September 22, 2016, 11:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

New era:

Starboy

Composer   
Martin McKinney
Thomas Bangalter
Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo
Henry Russell Walter
Abel Tesfaye

https://open.spotify.com/track/7lQqaqZu0vjxzpdATOIsDt
https://itunes.apple.com/de/album/starboy/id1156443286

False alarm
Abel Tesfaye, Martin McKinney, Ahmad Balshe, Benjamin Diehl, Henry Russell Walter & Emmanuel Nickerson
And I liked it..

B Steady

how about changing the thread title or starting a new topic?

note: haven't read your posts since I don't wanna have any info about the upcoming release yet
Vila i frid Dag

bugmenot

j.fco.morales

nanofives

turnaround

"False alarm"

The Weeknd, Main Artist - Martin "Doc" McKinney, Producer, Recording Engineer - Abel Tesfaye, Author, Composer, Producer - Cirkut, Co-Producer - Mano, Co-Producer - Josh Smith, Recording Engineer - Serban Ghenea, Mixer - John Hanes, Mix Engineer - Martin McKinney, Author, Composer - Ahmad Balshe, Author, Composer - Benjamin Diehl, Author, Composer - Henry Russell Walter, Author, Composer - Emmanuel Nickerson, Author, Composer

What a energetic song.

And I liked it..

nanofives

This is amazing. So... this is the real Cirkut? This is him without Luke's input?

georg_e

Love the song "Starboy", but the video.....
The video side of the music industry is a dark, sick place man....(with a few exceptions: video for "Closer" Chainsmokers video is cool). But this Starboy video? Asphyxiation by plastic bag? Illuminati cliche "rebirth" BS? Disgusting, and not only disgusting but these sick directors are total creative idiots with zero originality, using the same themes in countless videos. After seeing this, lost all respect for and interest in "The Weeknd" for pushing this s**t on kids.

johnnyP

God. weeknds new stuff in my opinion is not even close to his other hits. not one producer i know likes starboy, and the new song is just WEeeeeiiiiiiirrrrdddd.    like what are they thinking!!!

I was talking to a producer this past week in canada who know pretty much everyone and told me a bunch of cool stories. One was about cirkuit. before he moved out to LA to work with Luke, after he had that one track with spears, he couldn't get any deals, couldn't land any songs, nothing. for a really long time after that one spears track he had, he couldn't get anywork until he got connected with luke, who signed him to his company, they started working together, and the hits started flowing.

bugmenot

Quote from: johnnyP on October 04, 2016, 06:44:00 AMHe couldn't get any deals, couldn't land any songs, nothing. for a really long time after that one track he had, he couldn't get anywork until he got connected with ***, who signed him to his company, they started working together, and the hits started flowing.

What an unique story! Secret info! Is it the coolest story from the whole bunch of stories?

Could be applied to everyone.

Stop surround yourself with negative envious people, Johnny.

georg_e

Quote from: johnnyP on October 04, 2016, 06:44:00 AM
God. weeknds new stuff in my opinion is not even close to his other hits. not one producer i know likes starboy, and the new song is just WEeeeeiiiiiiirrrrdddd.    like what are they thinking!!!

I was talking to a producer this past week in canada who know pretty much everyone and told me a bunch of cool stories. One was about cirkuit. before he moved out to LA to work with Luke, after he had that one track with spears, he couldn't get any deals, couldn't land any songs, nothing. for a really long time after that one spears track he had, he couldn't get anywork until he got connected with luke, who signed him to his company, they started working together, and the hits started flowing.
Interesting post.....enjoyed it and didn't find it at all negative :-) I like "Starboy" though, but couldn't stand the preview of "False Alarm" 😨  Maybe it gets better later in the song? 😉

nanofives

Preview? The song is already out, and I think that False Alarm is better than Starboy, I enjoy the high energy of the chorus and how upbeat is, which is much higher than any hit released this year.

georg_e

Quote from: nanofives on October 06, 2016, 12:16:51 AM
Preview? The song is already out, and I think that False Alarm is better than Starboy, I enjoy the high energy of the chorus and how upbeat is, which is much higher than any hit released this year.
I'm aware that it's out. But like an A&R who turns a song off if they don't like the first few measures, I never listened to it 😼