• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Weeknd feat. Daft Punk - Starboy from Album Starboy

Started by turnaround, September 22, 2016, 11:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBsycvSU6r8

A short film features the songs from the new album; you can clear her the Cousins involved songs ;)

I absolutely adore Ali Payami.

Polarmachine

don't think any of the songs in Mania is by Max or Ali though   ;D

Sidewalks sounds sick.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Polarmachine on November 24, 2016, 11:12:15 AM
don't think any of the songs in Mania is by Max or Ali though   ;D

Sidewalks sounds sick.

The song I thought it was a Cousins' track is Secrets.
Produced by Don McKinney, Cirkut and Sir Dylan.

nanofives

The album overall is great, specially Secrets. Max and Ali's songs are most of them great, except Ordinary Life, which is quite a disappointment, such a good set of writers with Cirkut but kinda weak.

Wolf Cousin

Seeing Cirkut all over this album raises question marks for me.

Since Cirkut and Dr. Luke work together so frequently, I think it is very likely that Luke worked on the album to. But to avoid any negative publicity they agreed not to feature his name in the credits directly.
Instead to 'hide' him under Cirkut for now, since the whole Ke$ha thing is a little to fresh.
I think 'Secrets' really has that Dr. Luke feel to it for example.

Oh and before you comment ''Thats stupid bla bla bla,, they would never do that bla bla''  Just remember I also correctly predicted Taylor Swift's contribution to Calvin Harris' - This Is What You Came For, long before it was anounced and nobody in here believed me then either.  ;D

Anyway just a theory...

georg_e

That D major chord that hits just before the chorus on "Secrets" is so dope!!!

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Wolf Cousin on November 28, 2016, 01:15:45 PM
Seeing Cirkut all over this album raises question marks for me.

Since Cirkut and Dr. Luke work together so frequently, I think it is very likely that Luke worked on the album to. But to avoid any negative publicity they agreed not to feature his name in the credits directly.
Instead to 'hide' him under Cirkut for now, since the whole Ke$ha thing is a little to fresh.
I think 'Secrets' really has that Dr. Luke feel to it for example.

Oh and before you comment ''Thats stupid bla bla bla,, they would never do that bla bla''  Just remember I also correctly predicted Taylor Swift's contribution to Calvin Harris' - This Is What You Came For, long before it was anounced and nobody in here believed me then either.  ;D

Anyway just a theory...

You know? I don't think Luke is hiding.
I think he's doing business with Prescription.

georg_e

Quote from: j.fco.morales on November 28, 2016, 06:04:58 PM
You know? I don't think Luke is hiding.
I think he's doing business with Prescription.
He's on "Greenlight" (Pitbull) for sure....that guitar part ....keep hearing that song on the radio in stores in NYC :-)

melodicmoonlight

Polarmachine

Quote from: georg_e on November 28, 2016, 07:32:45 PM
   He's on "Greenlight" (Pitbull) for sure....that guitar part ....keep hearing that song on the radio in stores in NYC :-)

Yes he's on Greenlight but he ain't keeping it a secret. btw Pitbull raps: I got all the women getting naked, feeling like Luke in this thing
Which is kinda crazy. Not too respectful.

bugmenot

j.fco.morales

Quote from: georg_e on November 28, 2016, 04:48:20 PM
That D major chord that hits just before the chorus on "Secrets" is so dope!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7UEPxY9_Ek

It's a Tears For Fear sample from 1982, sir.

georg_e

Quote from: j.fco.morales on November 29, 2016, 03:58:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7UEPxY9_Ek

It's a Tears For Fear sample from 1982, sir.
-
1) The chord progression leading up to that chord is totally different.
2) It's not even remotely a "sample". I don't care how many blogs wrote that: the production on the part I'm talking about is completely different. Was it inspired by them?  Sure-- but it's not used in the same spot of "Secrets" chord progression.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: georg_e on November 29, 2016, 07:34:48 PM
   -
1) The chord progression leading up to that chord is totally different.
2) It's not even remotely a "sample". I don't care how many blogs wrote that: the production on the part I'm talking about is completely different.

Well baby, I went down and got it for ya: the members of Tears For Fears are in the credits, as well as the members of The Romantics, for their song "Talking in Your Sleep".
Secrets interpolates the lyrics in the chorus.

So...

I would like to add: some time ago, there was a remix contest with the official stems of Pale Shelter by Tears For Fears.
It makes sense if they got the sounds from there.