• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Where should I start?

Started by Phantom9d, March 27, 2017, 08:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantom9d

Hey guys!

I'm a producer/songwriter who's got a couple songs that I want to take further to some artists. Preferably some who is established in the industry. What's the best way to get a hold of artists? is it basically "only" possible if you have a decent agent/management?

Any ideas on where I should start and what not to do?

j.fco.morales

A publishing deal. An A&R.

The essential is to have THE songs.

Phantom9d

Cool  ;D
But let's say I want to show my tracks to a big label in the U.S that doesn't want unsolicited demos. What are the ways to get there? Do I need someone representing me :-\ :o

Dagge

taxi, hitquarters, songalliance

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Phantom9d on March 28, 2017, 12:00:09 AM
Cool  ;D
But let's say I want to show my tracks to a big label in the U.S that doesn't want unsolicited demos. What are the ways to get there? Do I need someone representing me :-\ :o

A&R's.

Phantom9d

Yeah, but far as I know it's not very likely a big record label A&R will listen to a unsolicited demo?

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Phantom9d on March 29, 2017, 02:35:54 PM
Yeah, but far as I know it's not very likely a big record label A&R will listen to a unsolicited demo?

The A&R areas have scales. You don't send your stuff to the chief if you want to be heard.
That's your work: to know who you show your stuff.

Phantom9d

What do you mean by scales? is it a lower scale A&R who's easier to reach?  ???

What would you have done if you wanted to contact a publisher or label and they claimed on they're website that they don't accept unsolicited demos?

j.fco.morales

Yep, a junior A&R.

Talk with the right guy, that's it.