• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Cheiron Song Thread

Started by secski, August 13, 2008, 12:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

secski

Hey guys, thought i might kick start this idea. Its great and i think it will be a great bonding experience. Everyone can get involved!

I'm uploading a song which is in midi format (sounds terrible) but will give a rough idea of what it sounds like.

Nothing is fixed, it's only my take, and i would appreciate all suggestions, especially with regards to lyrics and melody. I think the hook is definitely not as strong as a cheiron song, so cmon guys lets explore this!

Hopefully we can finish this song (one of many i hope) by December.

So we need:
  Lyricists
  Composers
  Singers
  Pianists / Keys
  Guitarists
  Drummers or someone with a drum program
  Engineers / Mixers / maybe even masterers? lol

I hope everyone can contribute something so we can have a huge song credit list lol.

Its all in the name of fun!

Secski.

PS. I'll get the link up shortly to the mp3 which has intro/verse/chorus.

secski

secski

Oh and if you guys know how i can upload this and future mp3s to a site with direct download rather than waiting 60 seconds, let me know please!

secski

or, we can use the mp3 posted from tonos! its a bit livelier than mine...

*Sabine*

Unfortunately I can't listen to the song right now but I'm already voluntary for the singing part, at least. I have loved editing voices with music maker for some years now and I'm trying to learn cubase and protools. I've also trained my voice on many Cheiron instrumentals and I think my voice is best suited for typical pop. Singing is really a passion.
I also play the piano, I guess I can also help with the melody and of course the lyrics...
Thanks for taking this project at heart like this SEXY!  :P

secski

OK, so Sabine seems fairly confident with vocals... :) thats good.

I dont like the chorus at all, so will need some catchy hooks!

Oh and we need someone who will act as a producer as well! This person/persons will need to point out how we can get the song to sound a little like a Cheiron song.

Cheers ppl, and i will post further mp3s mid next week (thinking chords on piano with simple drum beat). This is just a bit of fun so relax and contribute!

*Sabine*

hey, i listened to the mp3 you uploaded and honestly, i think it really lacks catchiness, the melody is complicated. we'd need something with very few chords, a song you can remember instantly, as the cheiron crew knew how to do so well!
if it happens to be too hard to come up with a great song, we can use max's 2 demos for tonos as a first pattern... just an idea.

secski

yeah, i didnt like the melody much either :)

haha if everyone could write like cheiron, it would be so easy!

back to the midi room i go... (oh, feel free to contribute coming up with the chords :) ) I dont wanna give up just yet...

secski

ok, this is another take :D  (recorded through the computer mic)

random, occasional words, almost-random chords lol, very nasally annoying singing (sorry!)

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=2xhsknbr3yb        (Verse / Prechorus / Chorus)

haha, suggestions please...

i was tempted to borrow parts of the melody for 'sometimes' and 'drowning' for the beginning section.

secski

You never really appreciate how difficult something is unless you try it yourself! :)

I think we need to get Andrea to help us out! I'm not giving up, but it is a LOT harder than it looks!

Raul_esp

yes , it is very difficult , I can make melodies sometimes when I'm inspired but they are a bit ridiculos because are without lyrics , my melodies are very BSB , uptempos  cheiron and midletempos .

andrea

secski, i love the verses of the first track! could you send me both track in MIDI format?

andrea

ok... i used secski verses and i edited them a little... then i made a prechorus and a very catchy chorus (i hope...)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/stnh1h

Raul_esp

Quote from: andrea on August 14, 2008, 11:37:25 PM
ok... i used secski verses and i edited them a little... then i made a prechorus and a very catchy chorus (i hope...)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/stnh1h

I looooooooooooove it , is too cheiron , but the melody remind me to oother song lol

hey andrea if I send you vocals melodies could you producer it?

Vanth

Hi there!

I really like what secski have made! That's really cheiron.

But it has to much of "shape of my heart" at the the end of one bar/beat.

But you got my respect!

Andrea could you upload just the beat and the chords, without melodie? I will try to make one. Maybe we could put everything together. :)

Btw, how do you make this guitarsounds andrea?

Regards