• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

iTunes

Started by ®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ, April 07, 2007, 01:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

ARE YOU SHITTIN ME?????  :shock:  :smt013

I just tried out iTunes for the first time, and all the downloaded files are 128 kbps ONLY!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Is that a settings problem with my account or are all files only 128 kbps?
Anyone knows?

I mean that really sucks!! I'm paying a damn Euro each file and it's not even proper quality!!! Any experience anyone?!

Thanks. :?

Rebecca

sorry, never used itunes. good luck!

turnaround

I always burn them and then I rip them with the quality I want.
Isn't the best solution but for me it's ok.

Welcome to the world of Digital Right Management.
And I liked it..

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "turnaround"I always burn them and then I rip them with the quality I want.
Isn't the best solution but for me it's ok.

Welcome to the world of Digital Right Management.
Well if you have a 64 kbps MP3 file (just for example), and then you burn it on CD and rip it back in 192 kbps doesn't exactly make the quality any better. So if I burn those 128 kbps iTunes SHIT-AAC's and rip them back in 192 kbps from the CD, they're still 128 kbps quality, just encoded in 192 kbps.  :?

I saw MediaOnline (German platform of "Media Markt") offers 192 kbps WMA-files for the same price. That'd be fine with me. But they by far don't have the amount of songs that iTunes offers...  :cry:

Oh and about the DRM, that doesn't bother me. I was gonna do it as you said anyways, burn them once and rip them back, so I get a fresh & clean MP3!  8) So all I would actually need is the right to burn them once.

Thanks for the reply anyhow.

Btw, I googled a bit last night and found a review about 8 different German online music stores. Result turned out they're all somehow shit. Some (like iTunes) offer loads for fair prices & fair rights but in shit quality, others (like MediaOnline) have fair prices, fair rights, GOOD quality but not many songs. Sony, medion and AOL are even worse, high prices, stupid rights AND bad quality.

And I read that iTunes (Germany) is generally offering their songs in 128 kbps only. Now my question would be: Any difference on other iTunes platforms??

Thanks!

turnaround

I have no idea how the other shops handle it sorry.

May I ask what you bought  :oops:
And I liked it..

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "turnaround"May I ask what you bought  :oops:
Son Of A Plumber. (No, that's not to offend you, it's the artist! No need to delete posting's here! :wink:)

I also registered at MediaOnline. They deliver proper 192 kbps WMA-files.
That's how I like it, baby!  8)

Still, 2 negative things:
1. The buyers credit card data is transferred over an UNSECURE, open http connection. Real bad.
2. The covers really suck! iTunes offers 600x600 pixel high qual covers, on MediaOnline one of the covers only had 350x352 pixel with really bad colours. Boo! Another one had a proper 600x594 ( :? ) but one could tell it was SCANNED (!!) and all in all kinda edgy... The iTunes covers are all high qual digital images.

I think I'll stay at buying my music on physical copies than online...

Rebecca

Quote from: "®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ"
Quote from: "turnaround"May I ask what you bought  :oops:
Son Of A Plumber. (No, that's not to offend you, it's the artist! No need to delete posting's here! :wink:)

I think I'll stay at buying my music on physical copies than online...

Son of A Plumber? is that Per Gessle? any good?

I agree, physical copies is the way to go. I have never bought online music and from what you guys say here, it all sounds too annoying.

PG

I'm pretty sure iTunes stores in all countries use the same 128 kbps quality.  However (and I'm not sure if this applies just to the U.S., but I presume it'd be everywhere), there was that recent Apple announcement that they're teaming up with EMI to make all of EMI's artists' songs available on iTunes at a higher quality and without DRM, but for a higher price...or something like that, I think.  Hopefully it'll spread to the other labels, but I still think it's ridiculous to charge us even more than they already do just so we can get decent quality audio files.

emjay

I really hate those 128 AAC Files too. I can't believe that there isn't an option for higher quality -- wait, yes I can. It's called DRM and greedy labels don't care if the quality is worse, as long as they're making bank.

I used to use ALLofMP3.com before they went sort've the way of the wind, because of the RIAA. Tell me, how does a perfectly legal system of business in Russia, get shut down by the RIAA?! Crooks.

turnaround

They have now switched to the I-Tunes Plus and some songs and albums are already available with it.

They are 256 kbit/s and you can convert, copy, burn them as often as you want!

1,29 € they cost there (other stores sell here DRM music for 1,29 €), albums will cost the same.

I have Coke Vouchers every now and then and can use them for I-Tunes plus too

You can also upgrade old songs you already bought, but it costs.
And I liked it..