• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - WITNESS album (incl. Bon Appétit & Chained To The Rhythm)

Started by melodicmoonlight, July 15, 2016, 05:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

melodicmoonlight

1) Witness
Savan Kotecha / Max Martin / Ali Payami / Katy Perry

2) Hey Hey Hey
Sia Fuller / Sarah Hudson / Max Martin / Ali Payami / Katy Perry

3) Roulette
Ferras Alqaisi / Max Martin / Ali Payami / Katy Perry / Shellback

4) Swish Swish
Duke Dumont / Brittany Hazzard / Sarah Hudson / Onika Maraj / Max Martin / Katy Perry / PJ Sledge

5) Déjà Vu
Ferras Alqaisi / Hayden James / Katy Perry / Thomas Stell

6) Power
Jack Garratt / Max Martin / Katy Perry / William Robinson

7) Mind Maze
Sarah Hudson / Megan James / Max Martin / Katy Perry / Corin Roddick

8] Miss You More
Sarah Hudson / Megan James / Max Martin / Katy Perry / Corin Roddick

9) Chained to the Rhythm
Sia Fuller / Skip Marley / Max Martin / Katy Perry

10) Tsunami
Sarah Hudson / Mia Moretti / Katy Perry / Michael Williams

11) Bon Appétit
Ferras Alqaisi / Kirsnick Ball / Kiari Cephus / Oscar Holter / Quavious Marshall / Max Martin / Katy Perry / Shellback

12) Bigger Than Me
Sarah Hudson / Megan James / Katy Perry / Corin Roddick

13) Save as Draft
Nicholas Audino / Noonie Bao / Lewis Hughes / Elof Loelv / Dijon McFarlane / Katy Perry

14) Pendulum
Jeff Bhasker / Sarah Hudson / Katy Perry

15) Into Me You See
Ferras Alqaisi / Joe Goddard / Katy Perry / Alexis Taylor

16) Dance with the Devil
Katy Perry / Felix Snow / Sarah Hudson

17) Act My Age
Katy Perry / Tinashe Fazakerley / Mark Crew / Sarah Hudson

j.fco.morales

I'm in my first listen, first chorus and I'm like... blah.

According to the iTunes file, it was written by Max Martin, Savan Kotecha & Ali Payami.

turnaround

Produced by Max and Ali.

It seems to be an iTunes/Apple Music exclusive so far:

https://itunes.apple.com/de/album/rise-single/id1134511613
And I liked it..

Rebecca

oh no! I am not really a fan of this! there are a lot of elements that I like but overall it's too slow. I'm sure it will be a big hit.

Rebecca

Yep, I feel the same!

Yes, I think it would have been nice if it had been with Luke!

Seems we have a double up, I don't know how to combine topics!

nanofives

I've been waiting for this moment for so long and I love it and I'm disappointed at the same time. This just proves my point that Luke's career is suspended. Every Katy's comeback was produced by Luke now she has the opportunity to meet the wolf cousins.

Dr. Fleischman

It looks like it's the song for Olympics. Sport songs have a long tradition of being not that great...It's the worst KP single ever or it's just me?

B Steady

Congrats Max & Ali for producing the official Olympic Games 2016 anthem.
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

Quote from: Dr. Fleischman on July 15, 2016, 03:29:59 PM
It looks like it's the song for Olympics. Sport songs have a long tradition of being not that great...It's the worst KP single ever or it's just me?

K'naan 2010 as well as Dr. Luke & Cirkut 2014 were brilliant.
German artist Herbert Grönemeyer delivered two sport smashes as well (2006 & 2016).

And no, obviously Firework is Katy Perry's worst single to date.
Vila i frid Dag

melodicmoonlight

Wow, I never would've guessed it was by Max and Ali. Upon first listen it sounded more like Tricky Stewart to me.

The lyrics are too busy and Katy-ish. Definitely one of her not so strong singles.

turnaround

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 15, 2016, 06:59:42 AM
I'm in my first listen, first chorus and I'm like... blah.

According to the iTunes file, it was written by Max Martin, Savan Kotecha & Ali Payami.
Vevo says: Katy Perry, Max Martin, Savan Kotecha, Ali Payami
And I liked it..

DMartin

The pre chorus remind me of "Scream" by Usher ;D

j.fco.morales

http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/katy-perrys-released-a-new-single-in-one-specific-place/

"This is a song that's been brewing inside me for years, that has finally come to the surface," are words of Perry's that appeared in a press release. "I was inspired to finish it now, rather than save it for my next album, because now more than ever, there is a need for our world to unite. I know that together we can rise above the fear – in our country, and around the world. I can't think of a better example than the Olympic athletes, as they gather in Rio with their strength and fearlessness, to remind us how we ALL can come together, with the resolve to be the best we can be. I hope this song can inspire us to heal, unite, and rise together."

So: she had the song shelved and decided to give it a go.
It's one of these cheesy songs she writes on guitar.
Not written over a track, where with some help she really delivers.

Tano87

Actually the melody and the singing notes reminds me of another old song, like a mixture...maybe I'm wrong...

Feelgoodlies