• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Denniz Pop Awards

Started by turnaround, March 22, 2013, 09:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raul_esp

It was cool , I had 4/8 lol.

turnaround

The nominees are out.

http://dennizpopawards.com/#nominees

Ilya is one of them..

Doesn't know if it's "fair" to have a nominee among them who is featured on a record-breaking current hit song.
"ROOKIE"
And I liked it..

Jules

Denniz Pop Awards Quiz

Your Score: 7 / 8
Your Ranking: Prodigy

AlexanderLaBrea

I hade the same gut reaction to his nomination, but "Problem" came out just a couple of days before the last appliance date for the DPA. Granted, he had worked with some reasonably respected artists before, but it was really with "I Wish" that he broke through. So by Billboard, top producer standards he's a rookie. But of course, one could argue that now when he's working with Max Martin, Savan, Shellback etc, he doesn't need the money nor the buzz or connections. I had my bet on Tove Lo as songwriter as she's great but haven't really had a BIG hit yet. But she'll probably win the artist award.

It's hard, but if I had a say in it, it would mean more if the award had gone to someone who's basically a bedroom producer, but shows real talent, someone who needs that last push.

nznexus

how big is the chance of winning the denniz pop awards for producers like me. id say zero chanse.

good luck anyone who wants to win this
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on June 04, 2014, 11:59:01 AM
I hade the same gut reaction to his nomination, but "Problem" came out just a couple of days before the last appliance date for the DPA. Granted, he had worked with some reasonably respected artists before, but it was really with "I Wish" that he broke through. So by Billboard, top producer standards he's a rookie. But of course, one could argue that now when he's working with Max Martin, Savan, Shellback etc, he doesn't need the money nor the buzz or connections. I had my bet on Tove Lo as songwriter as she's great but haven't really had a BIG hit yet. But she'll probably win the artist award.

It's hard, but if I had a say in it, it would mean more if the award had gone to someone who's basically a bedroom producer, but shows real talent, someone who needs that last push.

Well, not in the US, but the remix of Habits is a Top 10 hit in Norway, UK and NZ.
And that's pretty good for a newcomer.

Also, she's doing gigs in the US and even played on SXSW... which is like the mecca of newcomer performers in almost everything: arts, music, performative art, technology, app development, etc.

I think she's not a mainstream artist at all, but she'll be a really successful songwriter and an indie artist in her own right.

the3rd

Its kind of sad to see that this award is yet another "award-for-success" prize (not unlike the Grammys/Oscars etc) rather than the scholarship-type award it portrayed itself to be at first.

I mean, why even ask people to submit songs when they award the prize to producers that had a hit single with one of the biggest pop acts last year? And this year it is repeated with Ilya and LukiPop being nominated, who has been in the game for some time and both had huge hits this past year.

The nominees and winners are even close friends/working with/signed to some of the judges.

Not to take a piss at the success of these guys, it is well deserved - but the last thing we need is another award show for people who are already inside the thick walls of the music industry...

nznexus

Quote from: the3rd on June 05, 2014, 03:19:19 PM

The nominees and winners are even close friends/working with/signed to some of the judges.

the truth and only the truth...
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Jules

Quote from: the3rd on June 05, 2014, 03:19:19 PM
Its kind of sad to see that this award is yet another "award-for-success" prize (not unlike the Grammys/Oscars etc) rather than the scholarship-type award it portrayed itself to be at first.

I mean, why even ask people to submit songs when they award the prize to producers that had a hit single with one of the biggest pop acts last year? And this year it is repeated with Ilya and LukiPop being nominated, who has been in the game for some time and both had huge hits this past year.

Not to take a piss at the success of these guys, it is well deserved - but the last thing we need is another award show for people who are already inside the thick walls of the music industry...

Couldn't agree more.  :(

turnaround

One can only hope that the money the winners get will be donated to the foundation.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

Well guys, every award in the world is meant to get some recognition and press for the artists and producers, etc and get some buzz around it.

That's the only reason.

nznexus

j.fco.morales

nznexus

Rebecca

yeah, this award does seem like it's for songwriters who have had success and are already working with the judges or their friends, not unknowns. I really like Lukipop and Ilya. I suppose Ilya will win it.