• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Do you want that Cheiron drum sound? Come get it!

Started by mxmcarl, April 20, 2014, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nznexus

Quote from: B Steady on April 21, 2014, 05:59:58 PM
you, sir, are a god!

now that I hear the snare sample solo, it doesn't even sound that special. it's just a common snare sound layered with a filtered sound but it's just so unique!!!! thank you so much man!!!

PS: sounds like a snare drum mixed with a sample of a reverb tail

well for me this snare sound is very special. its almost like a trademark sound if u know what i mean.

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

nznexus

Quote from: mxmcarl on April 20, 2014, 08:23:30 PM
Well, actually you don't need to layer drums that much to get a great sound, it's all about having a few great sounds and mixing it properly!

oh ok

i am sure you know what you do when it comes to mixing
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

B Steady

Quote from: nznexus on April 21, 2014, 10:15:35 PM
well for me this snare sound is very special. its almost like a trademark sound if u know what i mean.

Almost? It IS THE Cheiron trademark snare!

@José: Max and Rami used it as well
Vila i frid Dag

nznexus

Raul_esp

I love this Cheiron Drum sound , The coolest Drum ever made.

nznexus

B Steady

Of course he's sure. Me too. This is the best snare ever.
Vila i frid Dag

ZachJames

omg that loop is fierce!! electric with an explosion at each crisp of the climax of the perfect snare hit.

FANTASTIC I LOVE IT.
THANK YOU

Raul_esp

Tano87

U're asking for money for something that is available in this forum?
Kick and snare are from Baby One More Time Stems probably.
I think what people want here is the PowerFx Downtown Beats and some other stuff that u don't have.

BennyJ

Agreed, it's a bit weird to ask for money for these old sounds.

Don't think they're from the stems though. Most of those Cheiron sounds can be found on old Roland and EMU hardware synths. The Roland SR-JV80-06 expansion board, for example, has a lot of Cheiron sounds on it (such as "Manic Shots" or "Ambient Sweep"). The "Vektogram" sound that you can hear at the beginning of the demo track is on the JV-2080 or XV-5080.

There wasn't a lot of layering or any kind of "magic" applied. The Cheiron guys just recorded the sounds from the synths and included them in their tracks. They were brilliant when it came to finding all these different sounds and combining them into a nice arrangement. But they didn't create them. If you crank out a new hit every week, you don't really have time to build your own sounds :D

Anyway, I own most of these Roland/EMU synths and expansion boards. If anyone is looking for a particular sound, I'm happy to share it (for free ;))

j.fco.morales

Quote from: BennyJ on April 29, 2014, 08:41:46 AM

Don't think they're from the stems though. Most of those Cheiron sounds can be found on old Roland and EMU hardware synths. The Roland SR-JV80-06 expansion board, for example, has a lot of Cheiron sounds on it (such as "Manic Shots" or "Ambient Sweep"). The "Vektogram" sound that you can hear at the beginning of the demo track is on the JV-2080 or XV-5080.

There wasn't a lot of layering or any kind of "magic" applied. The Cheiron guys just recorded the sounds from the synths and included them in their tracks. They were brilliant when it came to finding all these different sounds and combining them into a nice arrangement. But they didn't create them. If you crank out a new hit every week, you don't really have time to build your own sounds :D

Anyway, I own most of these Roland/EMU synths and expansion boards. If anyone is looking for a particular sound, I'm happy to share it (for free ;))

Well, sound design is a very important part of the process.
You have to find your own style, actually when you hear a Cheiron produced song, you can tell it. And that happens for many reasons: the way they build melodies, the way they arrange these melodies and the sounds they use to build the track.

mxmcarl

Sorry for the late reply guys, been busy this past week.

Quote from: nznexus on April 21, 2014, 10:08:43 PM
so you can recreate any cheiron track then? for example britney spears lucky.. haha i still find it hard to find sounds or samples that come from that time (2001 etc).

Well indeed I could do that if you really want that specific type of drum sound (although it's basically the same sounds used in my demo above)

Quote from: Tano87 on April 23, 2014, 12:12:43 AM
U're asking for money for something that is available in this forum?
Kick and snare are from Baby One More Time Stems probably.
I think what people want here is the PowerFx Downtown Beats and some other stuff that u don't have.

I've read a lot of posts where people have asked where and how to get that specific drum sound, I'm just saying that if anyone needs it, I'm happy to help. If you're good enough to shape the sounds yourself and mix it in the right way, then please do so, but some of the members might not, I would have loved this service 6-7 years ago when I wanted use the Cheiron drum sounds myself.

I don't really think people want loops, and if they do, the Downtown beats loops are a great option but what I can supply is a service where I can create cheiron sounding drums custom made for your track!

And no, the sounds are not sampled from stems, if they were sampled from another track they wouldn't sound as good.

If you don't like the drums, don't wish to buy them: Don't! I'm just providing a service for those who do! The secret is in the mixing, not in the sounds themselves. This is for you who can't mix the drums properly or for you who thinks it's too time consuming to do so.

Carl

Tano87

Quote from: BennyJ on April 29, 2014, 08:41:46 AM

Actually I'm looking for the different orchestra hits used in different songs and the sound under the snare in each song that reminds a sonar ping..the pad which is used in a lot of songs...and also the drum set used for baby one more time. I have the stems but the same sounds were used for another song so they're definitely not live..
. Or the sample that Max Martin used for the Larger Then Life intro
U can contact me privately to share an instant messaging ;)

nznexus

who is willing to pay this man 100 $ dollars for a cheiron track?