• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Latin Contemporary Music

Started by j.fco.morales, April 07, 2017, 03:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

I think we will have a second latino boom sometime this year or next.
Reggaeton is taking over the sound of the productions.
Ricky Martin released his new single last year with Maluma -the biggest current latin singer- with lyrics in spanish.

The single from the next Fast & Furious movie is a reggaeton song and features Pitbull, J Balvin -one of the biggest reggaeton stars- and Camila Cabello.

Is such a hit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWLr2va3hu0

There's a new english version available tomorrow.
The spanish version is waaaaaay better.

Eddie Krommer

Well, I don't think of it as a boom, but more like a trend.

Most pop stars in Latin America are recording with Reggaeton artists.

Shakira recently worked with Maluma too (Chantaje) and then with the bachata artist Prince Royce (Deja Vu).
Also, Luis Fonsi's Despacito, with Daddy Yankee, is currently at No.44 in the Billboard Hot 100.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Eddie Krommer on April 07, 2017, 04:30:39 AM
Well, I don't think of it as a boom, but more like a trend.

Most pop stars in Latin America are recording with Reggaeton artists.

Shakira recently worked with Maluma too (Chantaje) and then with the bachata artist Prince Royce (Deja Vu).
Also, Luis Fonsi's Despacito, with Daddy Yankee, is currently at No.44 in the Billboard Hot 100.

Despacito is a huge worldwide hit. 823 millions or Youtube plays.
J Balvin's Ginza has 685 millions... and counting.

I anticipate a second latin boom.

nanofives

http://kworb.net/youtube/

Latin artists dominate half of the most viewed songs on YouTube daily, with Luis Fonsi having the crown. I can't say the same with Spotify, but this isn't a trend to die anytime soon.
We shouldn't forget either Enrique iglesias and his third try of remaking bailando.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: nanofives on April 08, 2017, 04:09:16 AM

Latin artists dominate half of the most viewed songs on YouTube daily, with Luis Fonsi having the crown. I can't say the same with Spotify, but this isn't a trend to die anytime soon.
We shouldn't forget either Enrique iglesias and his third try of remaking bailando.

I didn't know that site, thank you Mariano!

turnaround

How nice - I used to love the first latin pop wave with Jennifer Lopez, Enrique Iglesias, Ricky Martin and Marc Anthony.

This new era is more urban - but it's great to have this influence back.
And I liked it..

Phantom9d

Quote from: nanofives on April 08, 2017, 04:09:16 AM

Do you have any ideas on why latin artists make so many views on youtube?  ???

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Phantom9d on April 09, 2017, 04:56:07 PM
Do you have any ideas on why latin artists make so many views on youtube?  ???

I think is because the audience is fully connected with the technology.
And they listen to music from Youtube.

People doesn't buy records or digital albums in Latin America.

nanofives

In Latin America Spotify it's not very popular yet, that's why you wouldn't see Drake on these charts but still charting number one. Despacito it's a deal breaker, with 16m views daily it only peaked 42 or 43, a sign of how Latin American people are taking all over YouTube.

Tano87

Too bad that the fast and furious song hasn't been release with Britney Spears.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Tano87 on April 09, 2017, 11:02:47 PM
Too bad that the fast and furious song hasn't been release with Britney Spears.

Because is a latin themes movie, shot in Cuba... and Camila has cuban heritage.

j.fco.morales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72UO0v5ESUo

Bieber is featured on a new version of the most played latin song of the year.

Currently #9 on the Hot 100 on his first week.

Well, latin invasion... cough*

turnaround

Already #1 on Spotify worldwide.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

Quote from: turnaround on April 27, 2017, 10:45:01 AM
Already #1 on Spotify worldwide.

Do you guys know the song? do you like it? do you understand a word? :D

turnaround

I know this song for quite a while now and also observed the latin wave and how this song especially climbed in all the countries.

I had Spanish in school but I don't get too many. But Justin's Spanish sounds authentic to me.
And I liked it..