• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Random Chatter

Started by Joshua, November 03, 2012, 06:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua

Hey guys, would anyone be interested in having a thread for discussing whatever random things are going on in their life? It'd be a great way to get to know each other better. I figured it could just switch from one topic to the other back and forth, all in one thread (admins feel free to say otherwise). I've done it in another forum and found it lead to some great discussions. I've had a real tough week this week and felt like I needed to share it with others, and I consider you guys friends! Sorry to start things on a downer, but here goes...

I bought a British Shorthair kitten last year who was like a plush teddy bear, I named him Aberdeen (after "Abs" Abidin from 5ive, but with the more typical spelling. I always loved his name when I was in high school). Anyway, without sounding too cliché, he was my best friend. He would cuddle up in the lounge chair with me every night while I watched tv, he'd follow me around the house constantly, purr whenever I was around and loved to sleep on my bed (sometimes on my head which was funny). Anyway, two Saturday nights ago he decided to go outside after having been asleep on my lap well into the night while I watched music videos. Strangely he didn't come in meowing for breakfast as per usual the next morning. I started to get more and more worried as days started to go by without any sign of him. I did some research and discovered that a lot of cats run away for a period of time, like a feeling they suddenly get where they just have to go. Most come back after about two weeks, some take a bit longer. So I waited and waited to hear him meow at the back gate or scratch on a door or something. But there was nothing. We called out for him, looked around for him, knowing he was most likely very close by somewhere.

By last Monday it had been a long, nervous wait. But I knew it wouldn't be long before he was back. When I got home from work that night, Dad told me he'd found him. I couldn't believe it. But then to my horror he added the words, "it's not good". He said he found him on the side of the road, just twenty metres from our house. He'd been hit by a car and had possibly been there for a couple of days now. :'( I've had pets die before, but this one has been the absolute hardest I've had to deal with. I can hardly bear thinking about him, and I feel like I just want to sleep or hide away until the feeling goes. Every day I feel like I'm one second away from bursting into tears. He was my little buddy, and I'm going to miss him forever.

R.I.P Aberdeen.

Rebecca

Starting a random chatter thread is a nice idea.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat Josh, how terrible he was hit by a car. I'm not surprised you're upset, it will take a while to get over, pets are part of the family. I'm sure you won't forget him. Really cute his name was Aberdeen.

I still often think about our family dog (a bichon-frise) who died 8 years ago and she was the old age of 17! so I can't imagine losing a pet when they are so young.

Joshua

Thanks Rebecca, appreciate it. :) Yeah we had a dog die of old age, and I agree it's still not easy, but there is that slight comfort knowing they had a (hopefully) good life and made it through. The sad part is packing up their belongings, or seeing something they were playing with only the day before, things like that. Dad said our current dog was crying while he was burying Aberdeen, which also makes me feel pretty sad.

I had to look up Bichon Frise, I hadn't heard of them, did yours have the awesome afro on top? :D

turnaround

So sad :(
What a beautiful picture.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Quote from: Joshua on November 03, 2012, 03:16:41 PM
Thanks Rebecca, appreciate it. :) Yeah we had a dog die of old age, and I agree it's still not easy, but there is that slight comfort knowing they had a (hopefully) good life and made it through. The sad part is packing up their belongings, or seeing something they were playing with only the day before, things like that. Dad said our current dog was crying while he was burying Aberdeen, which also makes me feel pretty sad.

I had to look up Bichon Frise, I hadn't heard of them, did yours have the awesome afro on top? :D

Yes, she did have the afro! she was so cute and very spoilt.

very sad your current dog was crying too

Raul_esp

It was so sad  :'( , I'm sorry so much for you , it must be very hard.

Joshua

Thanks Raul, yeah it's not been easy, but just sharing this with you guys helps. :)

By the way, feel free to jump in with anything random that's on your minds.

Axel

Sorry to hear that, Josh! :-(

(*makes mental note to only write uptempo-songs for the time being*)

;)

Feelgoodlies

That's why I never wanted to raise a pet. I don't wanna get attached to something I may lose someday!

RIP btw!

Joshua

Thanks guys for all the nice comments, I really appreciate it! :)

I'm just watching the grand final of X-Factor Australia and I'm really hoping Samantha Jade wins, she is so obviously a pop star in the waiting. She was actually signed to Jive records years ago but was dropped before anything really happened. Interestingly though, I just checked her Wiki and found that before she was dropped, she was recording her debut album with "Darkchild, Timbaland, Max Martin and Stargate". :o

turnaround

Her winning song is by Jörgen Elofsson - will open a thread for this!!
And I liked it..