• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - "PRISM" out NOW!

Started by B Steady, July 30, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

Quote from: j.fco.morales on October 29, 2013, 04:13:40 PM
What are you listening?
I've been listening that Ultimate Fans Collection and sometimes I'm freaked out about the digital remastering and how loud it sounds... Loudness War.

Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory but especially Thriller. This album is crazy. Only 9 songs but catchy as fuck. Can't stop listening to it.
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

Quote from: Joshua on October 30, 2013, 12:49:04 PM
Yeah I'm only guessing seeings it cuts off so abruptly at the same time. Have a listen to the lyric video again, it's definitely there... it's the only studio version I've heard.

I listened to it again. Unconditionally Lyric Video via vevo app. iPhone earphones. This versions sounds almost like they cut out the part that J uploaded for us :D like 96 kbit/s ... I can only hear the left panned click, not as a click though but I know that it's actually the click. Maybe the bad quality is due to the app ...
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on October 30, 2013, 11:57:07 AM
Maybe that's the right place for you to discuss the album:

http://katyperryforum.com/
BSteady.....have a look at this link http://www.maxmartinfansite.com/      If it wasn't for Rebecca (and then Turnaround) this Forum wouldn't even exist. It's not called the "Click Detective Forum", did you notice?  So don't go telling a music lover she should join some Katy Perry fansite because she poked a little fun at your click mania -- which by the way has NOTHING to do with music, as most people hear it. Have some respect at LEAST for the people who make this Forum possible.

B Steady

Unconditionally delivers so much stuff to talk about :D

Another thing I always wanted to tell you: first off the chorus is the most boring part of the song. Ok, the first chorus has that certain power but when you hear it after the second verse it gets a bit annoying. Therefore I don't like that it comes in after the mid-10 (instead of 8 lol ...) you know ... so much tension in the mid 8 and then that boring refrain is coming back.

Now imagine they would've put the last part of the song between mid-10 and last chorus ... That would've been so Cheiron-tastic <3

I get so euphoric when I imagine this. That song gets so wide open (wide open :D ) when that last part comes in. It would've fit so perfectly after the mid-10

hope you feel me :D xoxo
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

Quote from: georg_e on October 31, 2013, 01:56:19 AM
   BSteady.....have a look at this link http://www.maxmartinfansite.com/      If it wasn't for Rebecca (and then Turnaround) this Forum wouldn't even exist. It's not called the "Click Detective Forum", did you notice?  So don't go telling a music lover she should join some Katy Perry fansite because she poked a little fun at your click mania -- which by the way has NOTHING to do with music, as most people hear it. Have some respect at LEAST for the people who make this Forum possible.

george I think you don't know how often I have a look at this link ... I also think I mentioned often enough how thankful I am that they put us together. Oh thanks I always thought it's the click detective forum ::)  lately I even sent some emails to Rebecca so I think she knows that I like her. But if she feels offended by my "Katy Perry forum hint" then I am sorry
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

I truly believe that Katy has consolidated herself as the top female popstar with this album.

Joshua

Quote from: B Steady on October 31, 2013, 01:51:52 AM
I listened to it again. Unconditionally Lyric Video via vevo app. iPhone earphones. This versions sounds almost like they cut out the part that J uploaded for us :D like 96 kbit/s ... I can only hear the left panned click, not as a click though but I know that it's actually the click. Maybe the bad quality is due to the app ...

Ok, having listened to the intro now (original and J_A24's high pass) about twenty times with headphones, I'm feeling more and more confident it's the vinyl loop too. They're looping two separate bars of the crackle over and over, and you can hear some crackle sits in the middle, some of it's a bit wider. So my guess is the loop starts right on those particular "clicks" which they've just chopped roughly and then looped every two bars.

Quote from: B Steady on October 30, 2013, 11:08:36 PM
Please explain the Luke / Benny part

He's just saying they love using vinyl loops.

georg_e

When there's NO record stores (not even one) in Times Square, and the only copy of PRISM I could find in midtown Manhattan was in a tiny, dimly lit section of K-Mart (one copy left, hidden in a corner that I had to search) no wonder .......  http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/   

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: georg_e on October 31, 2013, 05:03:12 PM
      When there's NO record stores (not even one) in Times Square, and the only copy of PRISM I could find in midtown Manhattan was in a tiny, dimly lit section of K-Mart (one copy left, hidden in a corner that I had to search) no wonder .......  http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/   

I rely on Target

georg_e

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on October 31, 2013, 06:44:42 PM
I rely on Target
Yes, they have a decent section, well laid out, and actual lighting, lol -- unfortunately, none in Manhattan. It's just so weird to think "Why pay the shipping cost on Amazon and have to wait for delivery, I'll just pick one up around the corner in the biggest city in the world"........but it's almost impossible now :D    I almost cried with joy though, when I was just about to leave and give up, and the security guard motioned toward this dingy rack with about 10 new releases maximum........and there it was --- ONE little ol' copy!!

nznexus

Quote from: J_A24 on October 31, 2013, 04:43:23 AM
I truly believe that Katy has consolidated herself as the top female popstar with this album.

i believe so too
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: georg_e on October 31, 2013, 07:09:45 PM
    Yes, they have a decent section, well laid out, and actual lighting, lol -- unfortunately, none in Manhattan. It's just so weird to think "Why pay the shipping cost on Amazon and have to wait for delivery, I'll just pick one up around the corner in the biggest city in the world"........but it's almost impossible now :D    I almost cried with joy though, when I was just about to leave and give up, and the security guard motioned toward this dingy rack with about 10 new releases maximum........and there it was --- ONE little ol' copy!!

ah that sucks, I hear ya. I didn't go to the Virgin Megastore a lot in Times Sq but I remember being amazed at how huge it was - that's where I bought Katy's One of the Boys back in 2008, ha. lucky for me the Target at Atlantic Center isn't too far from me. that's where I got Prism and where I intend to get Artpop :p

at first I pre-ordered Artpop on Amazon but cancelled cuz it would've taken a week to get here apparently. Also, Target had the "limited edition" Prism digipak so I'm sure they'll carry the foil-front Artpop edition. cuz that's the one I want!

georg_e

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on October 31, 2013, 07:32:57 PM
ah that sucks, I hear ya. I didn't go to the Virgin Megastore a lot in Times Sq but I remember being amazed at how huge it was - that's where I bought Katy's One of the Boys back in 2008, ha. lucky for me the Target at Atlantic Center isn't too far from me. that's where I got Prism and where I intend to get Artpop :p

at first I pre-ordered Artpop on Amazon but cancelled cuz it would've taken a week to get here apparently. Also, Target had the "limited edition" Prism digipak so I'm sure they'll carry the foil-front Artpop edition. cuz that's the one I want!
Yeah, Virgin was great!!  It's just weird....I'm not at all opposed to getting stuff online, that can be great, but in some cases -- say you just really want a physical copy of something for some reason -- it's actually LESS convenient (and more expensive) than if you could just pop into a store and get it. Maybe eventually people will figure this out and the pendulum will swing back at least a little bit. I guess it really hit me too because this is the first physical CD I've wanted enough to buy in like 5 years. (Actually, first album of any kind, including download :-)

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: georg_e on October 31, 2013, 07:57:46 PM
    Yeah, Virgin was great!!  It's just weird....I'm not at all opposed to getting stuff online, that can be great, but in some cases -- say you just really want a physical copy of something for some reason -- it's actually LESS convenient (and more expensive) than if you could just pop into a store and get it. Maybe eventually people will figure this out and the pendulum will swing back at least a little bit. I guess it really hit me too because this is the first physical CD I've wanted enough to buy in like 5 years. (Actually, first album of any kind, including download :-)

Damn! Katy would be happy to hear that.

Yeah I have this thing where I purchase the physical copies of the main pop girls. I continue to do it with Gaga, Ke$ha, Rihanna, Katy, and of course Britney. (Actually didn't buy The Fame come to think of it - but I pretty much started this practice in 08/09.) I guess because pop is my fav genre and it just feels right having the music in CD quality and reading the booklet and seeing the pictures - the thing we'd do as kids buying CDs.

I hope one day online purchasing is a lot more convenient. But definitely being in the city, it should be easy to pop into a store and buy music or whatever.