• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - "PRISM" out NOW!

Started by B Steady, July 30, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nznexus

tuu many songs sound the same. this just shows how ugly the music industry has become!
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on March 05, 2014, 09:14:27 PM
damn :o

can this be coincidence?!?
No way.    I love Max & Luke, but they know exactly how far to take it without outright copyright infringement. I mean, "Since U Been Gone" instru bridge is almost (but not QUITE) identical to a song by the "Yeah Yeah Yeahs" right down to the guitar tone and drums, so they've been doing this stuff since the very beginning.........

nznexus

All songs could be so much better without rap...
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

georg_e

Quote from: nznexus on March 05, 2014, 09:48:13 PM
All songs could be so much better without rap...
Extremely relevant comment to what we're talking about above and to the thread in general!!

B Steady

Quote from: georg_e on March 06, 2014, 12:11:30 AM
      Extremely relevant comment to what we're talking about above and to the thread in general!!

as always ;)
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

This ripping off stuff  has always been a part of the real world  of hit songwriting world though.....it's funny that the PopJustice editor recently tweeted about a BBC documentary he saw about Neil Sedaka.......in the tweet he said he was basically the Dr. Luke of his day. He meant that as a compliment, but check out this description of how Sedaka and his partner would stitch their hits together out of current hits they studied.  Sound familiar? :-D              http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=3989

Rebecca

very interesting George! I love reading about all these songwriting techniques.

nznexus

Quote from: georg_e on March 06, 2014, 12:11:30 AM

I don't know.

georg_e

I've always wondered if the two note chorus melody hook of "Roar"   ('TI-ger'  'FIGH-ter'  'FI-re', etc) came from the verse hook of this song
         http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWnRMAVWVjk     which was a radio smash in 1974......

B Steady

I love Choose your battles. what a chorus man!!!! really a great atmosphere :)
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Rex

Quote from: georg_e on March 05, 2014, 09:34:45 PM
      No way.    I love Max & Luke, but they know exactly how far to take it without outright copyright infringement. I mean, "Since U Been Gone" instru bridge is almost (but not QUITE) identical to a song by the "Yeah Yeah Yeahs" right down to the guitar tone and drums, so they've been doing this stuff since the very beginning.........

Also the beginning sounds like this song by thursday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAD6lJiHBdA (The first bar)

georg_e

^     ^    ^
      Ha, I'd forgotten about that one :-)   The sound is identical, and so is the concept of sliding kind of sideways on the chords over a four bar pattern......not the same notes, but man he must've gotten the idea from this record......