• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - "PRISM" out NOW!

Started by B Steady, July 30, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axel

So I went to see Katy Perry on March 1st in Zurich. I have mixed feelings about this. The show was gigantic with moving (artificial) horses, a freakin' increadible stage with tons of moving parts and the final manadatory fireworks (including fire-alarm that went off with firefighters coming to the location which didn't matter as it was the last song) - crazy stuff. But in all of this madness, her voice - in my opinion - completely drowned. You simply just can't run around all the time, hop on stage, change dresses non-stop and still think your voice won't fail you.

Her voice pretty much just shone in one song: By the grace of god. Why? Because she only had a cello, acoustic guitar, piano and backing vocals around her. No glowing prisms, flying emoticon-balloons and whatnot. She handled that song really well. But for example Firework, was just horrible. The sick pyros made up for it.. but I had hoped for so much more regarding her voice. And they turned Wide Awake into a dance-song... WTF?

It was a Hollywood show - maybe even a musical. But to me it was not much of a concert. I still don't know what those two guys on played on their guitars. I really don't. The drummer had some work to do obviously, the dancers were okay and the two backing vocals were really good. And I finally fell in love with the song "E.T." what I had hated for so many years before.

The two-hour show was impressive, but Katy didn't convince me.

Charli XCX on the other hand, who warmed up the crowd before the show, was pretty darn awesome. She has a lot of punch. I had not known she wrote that song for Icona Pop. I think Charli XCX will be one to watch. To me she's a little too close visually to Gaga, but it remains to be seen if she can differentiate herself enough to stand out. Will be interesting to witness.

That's all. :)

j.fco.morales

Benny went to see Katy too and told me almost the same things...

B Steady

Quote from: Axel on March 10, 2015, 09:56:10 AM
So I went to see Katy Perry on March 2nd in Munich. I have mixed feelings about this. The show was gigantic with moving (artificial) horses, a freakin' increadible stage with tons of moving parts and the final manadatory fireworks (including fire-alarm that went off with firefighters coming to the location which didn't matter as it was the last song) didn't notice that at all - crazy stuff. But in all of this madness, her voice - in my opinion - completely drowned. You simply just can't run around all the time, hop on stage, change dresses non-stop and still think your voice won't fail you.

Her voice pretty much just shone in one song: By the grace of god. Why? Because she only had a cello, acoustic guitar, piano and backing vocals around her. No glowing prisms, flying emoticon-balloons and whatnot. She handled that song really well. Agreed! but did you forget The One That Got Away and Unconditionally (first verse) or did she not perform them in that quiet way? the acoustic set was my favorite part of the show, especially as she performed right where I stood and it was just a beautiful atmosphere But for example Firework, was just horrible. The sick pyros made up for it.. but I had hoped for so much more regarding her voice. And they turned Wide Awake into a dance-song... WTF? yes, biggest let down of the evening besides the fact she performed This Moment (her worst song ever) :D also her fans obviously are not able to appreciate "this moment" as they're non stop taking photos and videos and feel the need to share them during the show ::)

It was a Hollywood show - maybe even a musical. But to me it was not much of a concert. I still don't know what those two guys on played on their guitars. I really don't. !!! The drummer had some work to do obviously, the dancers were okay and the two backing vocals were really good. yes! :) they also had a nice charisma And I finally fell in love with the song "This Is How We Do" what I had hated [...] before.

The two-hour show was impressive, but Katy didn't convince me.

Charli XCX on the other hand, who warmed up the crowd before the show, was pretty darn awesome. She has a lot of punch. oh yes! that was one convincing and impressive performance! I had not known she wrote that song for Icona Pop. I think Charli XCX will be one to watch. To me she's a little too close visually to Gaga, but it remains to be seen if she can differentiate herself enough to stand out. Will be interesting to witness.

That's all. :)
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

btw this tour might've set a new record for most Max Martin songs played at one show. in Munich she played 18 Max Martin songs
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Katy's coming to Chile next October, I'll see the show as well!

j.fco.morales

Katy Perry has enlisted the songwriting and production services of Dallas Austin and Andreas Carlsson for her upcoming fifth album.

Perry's next studio collection is expected to hit stores and digital outlets later this year through Universal Music Group / Capitol Records.

http://hamadamania.com/2015/06/09/katy-perry-enlists-dallas-austin-andreas-carlsson-for-new-album/

B Steady

Quote from: j.fco.morales on June 10, 2015, 09:53:58 PM
Katy Perry has enlisted the songwriting and production services of Dallas Austin and Andreas Carlsson for her upcoming fifth album.

Perry's next studio collection is expected to hit stores and digital outlets later this year through Universal Music Group / Capitol Records.

http://hamadamania.com/2015/06/09/katy-perry-enlists-dallas-austin-andreas-carlsson-for-new-album/

dope!
Vila i frid Dag

Jules

Rebecca

Interesting choice. Possibly a good idea to change songwriters and have a change. Are Dallas Austin and Andreas Carlsson working together? or just separately with other songwriters?

turnaround

"Waking up in Vegas" was nice.

Oh and I really hope Andreas and Max will work together.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Rebecca on June 11, 2015, 12:46:09 PM
Interesting choice. Possibly a good idea to change songwriters and have a change. Are Dallas Austin and Andreas Carlsson working together? or just separately with other songwriters?

Dallas wrote some amazing pop rock tracks with Sugababes, P!nk and Gwen Stefani.
Indeed, a good choice!

Romb

Quote from: j.fco.morales on June 11, 2015, 07:00:07 PM
Dallas wrote some amazing pop rock tracks with Sugababes, P!nk and Gwen Stefani.
Indeed, a good choice!

Just like a pill  8)

j.fco.morales

turnaround

Ultimate Music posted that a new track has been registered:

Last Cry | Katy Perry, Desmond Child & Andreas Carlsson

Doesn't mean it's on the album but chances are there.
And I liked it..