• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Bad Liar (Selena Gomez) vs. Crying In The Club (Camila Cabello)

Started by Polarmachine, May 17, 2017, 09:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polarmachine

Which song will be the biggest hit?

Selena Gomez- Bad Liar (drops may 18th) Justin Tranter, Julia Michaels and Ian Kirkpatrick
Camilla Cabello- Crying In The Club (drops may 19th) Benny Blanco is involved, don't know the rest

j.fco.morales

Polarmachine

Yeah that makes it a whole lot easier. But I like to guess before as well. I'm team Camila 👍🏼👍🏼

B Steady

Quote from: Polarmachine on May 17, 2017, 09:28:00 PM
Which song will be the biggest hit?

Selena Gomez- Bad Liar (drops may 18th) Justin Tranter, Julia Michaels and Ian Kirkpatrick
Camilla Cabello- Crying In The Club (drops may 19th) Benny Blanco is involved, don't know the rest

Most popular? Biggest hit? In history or what?
Vila i frid Dag

Polarmachine

Ok it was a pretty unspecified thread. Let's guess how high they will peak on the hot 100.

I'm guessing Selena on 7 and Camila on 4

;D

turnaround

"Bad Liar" is here

Composer:
Ian Kirkpatrick
Christopher Frantz
Selena Gomez
Julia Michaels
Justin Drew Tranter
Tina Weymouth
DAVID BYRNE

Producer:
Ian Kirkpatrick

I don't like it

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/1sCxVKWImDZSZKvG0U9B23[/spotify]

And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

I listened. Didn't feel both songs.

But I like Selena's vocal production. Dry and overcompressed vocals.

melodicmoonlight

Different styles but i like Crying in The Club loads more than Bad Liar. The Genie in a Bottle sample is cool. Sia Cabello is gonna have a hit.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on May 18, 2017, 08:58:50 PM
Different styles but i like Crying in The Club loads more than Bad Liar. The Genie in a Bottle sample is cool. Sia Cabello is gonna have a hit.

It's catchier than Selena's but Camila sounds like mimicking Sia and the production sounds dated.

Polarmachine

yes. Sia is a sick writer but why does the singers always impersonate her. Why not make it their own??

But after I've heard them only once I like Selena's more. I like Talking Heads a lot so that beat was a fun surprise.

j.fco.morales

B Steady

Bad Liar is way better! CITC has a bad sound quality, very disappointing, especially as Benny & Cashy had their hands on it.

On first listen Bad Liar is quite weird but now that I have my second listen I recognize the catchiness, great stuff!
Vila i frid Dag

Cala42

Definitely Bad Liar. There's quite classic vibe to it I think it'll do really well in the charts much stronger melody and rhythms. Personally I think it'll go top 5 on the Billboard Hot 100.

j.fco.morales

My musical partner did a spanish version of Bad Liar, what do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-cZLPViCCc

He did a version of We Don't Talk Anymore and Charlie Puth tweeted about the vocal production :)