• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Who is John Reid? (writes with Jorgen)

Started by Rebecca, November 24, 2007, 09:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca

Hi, does anyone know who John Reid is?

I've noticed he writes with Jorgen Elofsson on a few songs for the Idols
Eg A Moment Like This and Angels Brought Me Here

Anyway, I was just curious about him, anyone know anything?

Alex Martin

Jhon reid is a scottish producer. He was born 6 september 1967.Nightcrawlers is a house music project assembled by producer, DJ and vocalist John Reid.His 1993 dance song "Push the Feeling On" is considered today to be a classic track of the house music genre. In its original form the song hit #7 on the Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart and briefly crossed over to pop radio, peaking at #80 on the Hot 100, spending fifteen weeks on the chart. It also reached #3 in the UK in 1995, Reid's biggest hit in his homeland.

In 2004, thanks to new remixes of the track, it re-entered the US dance chart, this time hitting #1.

Other successful singles by The Nightcrawlers were: "Surrender Your Love" (UK #7), "Don't Let The Feeling Go" (UK #13), "Let's Push It" (UK #23) feat. John Reid and Zeeteah Massiah as vocalists and "Push That Feeling On" (UK Indie #26)

John Reid is a successful songwriter in his own right having written a chart-topping UK single for Westlife (Unbreakable) and also songs for the likes of Tina Turner and Rod Stewart.

John Reid is a close friend of Simon Cowell and he co-wrote the Kelly Clarkson and Leona Lewis hit "A Moment Like This" with Jörgen Elofsson.

Goodnight REB. ;)

turnaround

Good question.

I notice him very randomly every now and then, I wonder how Jörgen and him have found together.

And I liked it..

Rebecca

Thanks Alex, I had absolutely no idea of him