• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Who is Tomas?

Started by ZachJames, August 20, 2013, 08:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZachJames

Hi guys
I have been e-mailing Maratone studios (the address is on their website) and the person writing back signs " /tomas ".
Is this Tom Talomaa?

Anyone know?

royeei

It is the manager of Maratone studio, it is not Tom Talomaa!

turnaround

I'm curious. What was your enquiry :D
And I liked it..

Rebecca

sounds interesting, and also what is Tomas's reply?

ZachJames

Well since their e-mail is right on their website, I figured I would send them an email and see if I get a response.

The email I sent was a technical question "Hi, just wondering if you guys use VST's".
VST stands for Virtual Studio Technology incase you dont know. Its a plugin used on their recordigg software.

5 minutes later I get an automated email saying something like "thank you for contacting Maratone. Please check the FAQ section to see if your question is answered. If not, we will get back to you".

So then finally the next day I get a response saying "Hi, Max does not use VST's as they do not work in Pro Tools." signed /tomas

So thats my story :)

Joshua

That's cool that they actually replied... they probably get questions all the time. They'd be using RTAS and TDM plug-ins, and possibly AAX which is slowly replacing the other two formats. But I'd say some of the plug-ins they use would come in a VST format though, just not all. You probably know all that, but just trying to help. :)

ZachJames

Yeah when they replied I was like  :o
Yeah I know a little about all that stuff but thanks for the help. Honestly I don't really care what they use, I just wanted to see if they would respond haha

turnaround

Lovely that they respond!

I wish we could get a picture for the Max Martin wikipedia article. I think someone tried once, but it has not happened so far.

And I liked it..

B Steady

Quote from: ZachJames on August 21, 2013, 05:59:27 PM
. Honestly I don't really care what they use, I just wanted to see if they would respond haha

Hahahahahha :D
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Do you guys think that there is a chance that we could do a interview with Max?

I mean as we did with Jörgen.

Questions by our users where gathered and sent to them. Maybe Max would be up to it, despite having probably better things to do.
And I liked it..

ZachJames

Quote from: turnaround on August 21, 2013, 06:10:17 PM
Lovely that they respond!

I wish we could get a picture for the Max Martin wikipedia article. I think someone tried once, but it has not happened so far.

Picture of what? The email??

ZachJames

Quote from: turnaround on August 21, 2013, 06:16:15 PM
Do you guys think that there is a chance that we could do a interview with Max?

I mean as we did with Jörgen.

Questions by our users where gathered and sent to them. Maybe Max would be up to it, despite having probably better things to do.

How about I send an email asking?

turnaround

I meant a photo of Max :)

Regarding the interview it would be very cool to ask. They can't say more than "No"
And I liked it..

ZachJames

Quote from: turnaround on August 21, 2013, 10:18:30 PM
I meant a photo of Max :)

Regarding the interview it would be very cool to ask. They can't say more than "No"

Turnaround, I sent you a PM about this.

Prime

I think the chances that he will answer some questions are not that bad. I wrote to Maratone back in 2001 when they just started. I asked if I could do an interview with Max for an newspaper article. I was quite surprised when I got an answer from Alexandra Talomaa. She said that Max was extremly busy and won't do any interviews (what a surprise...lol). But she offered that she would forward the questions when I send them to her. So I did and a couple of days later I got another e-mail with the answers  :D  Well, that was over a decade ago, but I guess something like that could work again.