• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Megathread: Cookie Cutter Songs

Started by what that mouth do, July 12, 2015, 04:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

So glad we're three now!

But I'm really open to help you "wtmd"!
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on July 15, 2015, 04:07:46 PM
As fas as your proof goes: Have you listened (I mean, really listened) to those mashups? Do the melodies sync up in any significant way? NO! And that's what matters. It's a standard "lack of music knowledge" criticism to say that "everything sounds alike". If you're lucky to come up with a successful concept like Max has with his songwriting, you don't throw that away and start making 74-chord complex fusion jazz songs. If songs have 4 chords and basic intro, verse, pre, chorus structure it is not copy and paste. It's what works! Then you create something unexpected for every song. Do you hear trap music influences in ET? No, revolutionary when it came out. You're refering to the "Rock my world into the sunlight" part of Domino which is the only thing that is even remotely comparable to CFTS. But the hook in CFTS is the "cuz I'm your body tyyyype" part, which is super weird and genious writing. And I could continue forever debunking your arguments.

I don't know why I even bother.

Perfectly written!

And yeah, I was wondering the same ...

Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Sung by someone like Demi, that line makes sense.