• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kelly Clarkson - New Album (Single: Max/Dr Luke/Claude Kelly)

Started by PG, November 11, 2008, 01:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Martin

*Sabine*

Rebecca

Kelly's album has debuted at No.1 in USA with 254,111 copies according to:

http://hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

I can't imagine it will do as well as Breakaway.

*Sabine*

#1 wonderful!!
I put that high score on the MLWSWY effect and on the fact she has a strong and faithful fanbase. According to me, the album will go down farly soon though...

Unexpected

I have a strong feeling that is she was wise enough and release the right singles from this album it will linger for a while in the chart and end up being selling fairly well.

@ Rebecca, Breakaway sold more than 6M copic in the US alone, there's no way for this album or any other album nowdays to sell that much, the last albums I remember has sold this much were

All the right reasons ( more than 7M in the US alone)
Some Hearts (about 7M)
The Emancipation of Mimi (5M)

If you look to the US charts now you'll see the most successful album will sell from 3 to 4M, and believe it's not happenning that often now.

Rebecca

oh yeah, it's no.1 totally because of the MLWSWY effect

Unexpected, I do agree, albums do not sell that much anymore, I was just being a bit mean because I really can't stand this album, it's the worst album I've heard in a long time, I'm surprised at some of the favourable reviews I've read.

I'm very interested to see how it sells, there is so much promotion, it might end up doing well.

nshinnosuke

I totally love your signature, Miss Sabine... :D it's my fav part of the video...

*Sabine*

Yes Unexpected, sure the albums sell really less now.

Reb, didn't know you could be mean!  :P ;D

And nshinnosuke, thank you, it's also my fave part  ;D

Alex Martin

*Sabine*

Rebecca

Quote from: *Sabine* on March 19, 2009, 09:47:02 AM

haha, oh yes!!

Quote from: Alex Martin on March 19, 2009, 10:21:41 AM
It will sell more than circus ;)

sadly I agree with you, however it is a much worse album (and I don't love Circus). oh well.

nshinnosuke

Quote from: Rebecca on March 19, 2009, 11:11:37 AM
Quote from: *Sabine* on March 19, 2009, 09:47:02 AM

haha, oh yes!!

Quote from: Alex Martin on March 19, 2009, 10:21:41 AM
It will sell more than circus ;)

sadly I agree with you, however it is a much worse album (and I don't love Circus). oh well.
really?? you don't like I Do Not Hook Up,Don't Let Me Stop You,Cry,If I Can't Have You and Long Shot,Rebecca???

*Sabine*

Not convinced! Seriously, her songs are always the same... drama drama and yelling   :-X