• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - "PRISM" out NOW!

Started by B Steady, July 30, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nznexus

Quote from: georg_e on February 10, 2014, 07:40:43 PM
       Katy on Grammy special show last night http://youtu.be/vga6z0pMpks   She sounds good with acoustic instruments....nice phrase where she goes up into high register. (No pressure or anything singing this song in front of the composer :-)

sorry but her look. she looks like a troll
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

B Steady

So from now on the word "illuminati" is gradable:
Illuminati < more illuminati < dark horse video
Vila i frid Dag

nznexus

Quote from: B Steady on February 21, 2014, 01:14:15 AM
I can't agree with you there
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

J_A24

Quote from: B Steady on February 21, 2014, 01:14:15 AM

What is illuminati about that video? There's nothing more than ancient egyptian symbolism and a reference of Cleopatra's character.

I'm more concerned over how music videos objectify both genders.

georg_e

I have no idea if there's an Illuminati or not, but one thing's for sure.....if there isn't, then alot of video directors/pop stars must have the creativity of sheep, because they use the same s**t (symbols) over and OVER again. I mean, it's undeniable -- the way Vigilant Citizen breaks down these videos, it's no coincidence......

Eddie Krommer

Not a bad video but she's done better.

The whole Egyptian thing does not work well with her and people are comparing it to MJ's Remember The Time.
Her actual campaing just shows how insecure she is to go further than the Teenage Dream era.

Besides, too much pink everywhere.

nznexus

feel like this music video/song could of been so much better if Juicy J wasn't it, I'm not hating just didn't like the hip hop/gangsta feel of Ancient Egypt. I think Katy Perry was capable of making an amazing video and song without the help of a rapper just saying, in my opinion.

J_A24

Quote from: georg_e on February 21, 2014, 03:56:55 AM
    I have no idea if there's an Illuminati or not, but one thing's for sure.....if there isn't, then alot of video directors/pop stars must have the creativity of sheep, because they use the same s**t (symbols) over and OVER again. I mean, it's undeniable -- the way Vigilant Citizen breaks down these videos, it's no coincidence......

It's like the whole y2k, 2012 thing...it's fear mongering and it creates a base for people to consume out of fear. The real enemy is not some sort of satanic hidden group, it's the corporations who want to dumb you down so that you buy more meaningless stuff.

georg_e

Quote from: J_A24 on February 21, 2014, 11:05:17 PM
It's like the whole y2k, 2012 thing...it's fear mongering and it creates a base for people to consume out of fear. The real enemy is not some sort of satanic hidden group, it's the corporations who want to dumb you down so that you buy more meaningless stuff.

And on that subject,  this recent Tweet from Bonnie McKee.......

Bonnie McKee ‏@BonnieMcKee  11h
Pop music is heartbreaking cuz ill write a lovely visual poetic piece&have2tear it apart&dumbitdown.Writing 4the masses is a b*tch sometimes
Expand  Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More

nznexus

who cares if illuminati..

she is popular and that is what matters

georg_e

Quote from: nznexus on February 22, 2014, 07:57:26 PM
who cares if illuminati..

she is popular and that is what matters
Right........don't think --as long as something is popular it must be OK.

Rebecca

The video is pretty average, I think Katy's worst. The first thing I thought of was MJ's Remember The Time.
I don't know why she went with the Egyptian theme, I liked the spooky theme she did at The Grammy's better.

I don't understand anything about the illuminati.

Jules

The whole illuminati hype is like a fashion thing right now. It's a couple of symbols - nothing more, nothing less. There's NOTHING behind it.
I just can't take people seriously who get all serious and/or upset about it. lol
But that's the whole point I guess, to catch people's attention - and that's what they do, very successfully! It's all about sales.  ;)