• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Music schools in Sweden?

Started by TheReal, February 27, 2020, 03:25:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheReal

Hey I'm kind of eager to up my game in music production / songwriting and i wonder what are some good schools in Sweden that teach this?
I'm not Swedish but I do speak fluent Swedish and the education could be anything from 6 months to 2 years.
Any ideas?

Snipes3000

In the 6 part series on Swedish telly on Swedish history on pop, in part 6 I believe, there is this school where some songwriters went. I don't remember any specific details. I would thus recommend you to watch the episode if you want to see more of it. The girl visiting the school in the series is called martin and I forgot the other name that goes with it.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

TheReal

Quote from: Snipes3000 on February 27, 2020, 02:50:33 PM
In the 6 part series on Swedish telly on Swedish history on pop, in part 6 I believe, there is this school where some songwriters went. I don't remember any specific details. I would thus recommend you to watch the episode if you want to see more of it. The girl visiting the school in the series is called martin and I forgot the other name that goes with it.

I know about Musikmakarna and Örebro Universitetet... any ideas if they are worth it?

Snipes3000

Suddenly I remembered. The girl's name is Shy Martin and the school she went to is https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musikmakarna. I don't know more about it than what I saw in the documentary.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

TheReal

Oh yeah i think that's definitely one school ill apply to! Ive heard so much good about it! Thanks for the tip!

bugmenot

Martin and Kronlund went to Södra Latin.

AlexanderLaBrea

Södra Latin is a high school, Musikmakarna is not and thus open for all ages (post high school of course). Post graduate school or whatever it's called haha.

Musikmakarna is probably one of the best schools, If not the best, in the world to prepare you for and give you the oportunity to work as a songwriter and a producer. So many of the graduates are working full time within music. Here in Sweden (Stockholm mostly) but internationally as well. As Sweden is such a small country it obviously easier to get a foot in the industry than in LA or something like that.

However, I'm not sure If you're allowed to apply if you're not from Sweden.