• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Veronicas "have no intention of working with him ag

Started by hits, April 30, 2007, 07:52:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITS ALIVE

If you compare the songs of any prolific pop songwriter stuff is going to start sounding similar. There are only so many chords.

hits

Quote from: "ITS ALIVE"If you compare the songs of any prolific pop songwriter stuff is going to start sounding similar. There are only so many chords.

Of course, but a chord (pattern) doesnt make up a song. Single notes (= the melody) is what makes a song, and there are million ways of putting together various notes (= creating a melody). And no, I do not hear any similarities between any former Max songs. Before he started doing Rock/Pop, all his songs sounded different. Or can you name a Britney and BSB song that sounds alike, I mean, "4ever / U+Ur Hand" alike? I cant.

hits

YES, they should be grateful for Max helping them.. BUT, wouldnt you feel ridiculed if you were them? Just imagine the scenario I already described above. Your album has been out for a couple months, and all of the sudden Pink brings out a single, and it sounds.. well.. exactly like the single YOU released not so long ago. That's like the producer you worked with ridiculing you PUBLICLY. Him screwing you over, and you not having the slightest bit of control over the situation. At least thats how I'd feel. And I'm sure The Veronicas (and also Pink) felt the same way, imagining that they take pride in what they do and stand for.

And I am glad that it's like that. I dont want a music industry where a producer takes one song, makes 2 (almost 3, with the Megan "Tap That" song) singles out of it, gets paid a shitload of cash for it, and everyone pretends like its the most normal thing in the world.

Quote from: "Rebecca"You have a point Hits with the songs being alike, but as Turnaround says The Veronicas got a hit song. It's pretty hard for new artists to break through but they were able to with the song 4Ever, that song was a massive hit here in Australia as was Everything I'm Not. Their album here stayed in the Top 40 for over 1 year.

As for Pink, the Max Martin songs completely rejuvenated her career. As an example when Pink toured Australia after her album Try This she barely sold out 1 concert at Sydney Entertainment Centre, now with I'm Not Dead she's sold out 5 concerts and I'm Not Dead has stayed in the Top 10 for over 1 year here in Australia due to the singles Who Knew and U + Ur Hand.

For me, regardless of how similar the songs are, these artists got themselves hit songs and they should be extremely thankful for that.

I believe Perez on this one too, The Veronicas have often talked about the way they write songs and I can vaguely remember one interview that they said they were pushed by their record company to record with this producer/that producer (they didn't mention names), so maybe there's a bitterness there.

NIKLAS"NiCkY"

Rumors.......yes... Almost every song at shane ward album is written by our guys, lesleys album too..........And now The veronicas are recorded new songs with the maratone team later this year its true..And about Kelly Clarksson she dont want to work with max,rami or luke anymore and there she made a stupid mistake....All this is true....one guy from maratone told me this..... bye bye bye and dont belive in everything at the internet...
If you can dream it, you can be it.

hits

Quote from: "nicky26"Rumors.......yes... Almost every song at shane ward album is written by our guys, lesleys album too..........And now The veronicas are recorded new songs with the maratone team later this year its true..And about Kelly Clarksson she dont want to work with max,rami or luke anymore and there she made a stupid mistake....All this is true....one guy from maratone told me this..... bye bye bye and dont belive in everything at the internet...

Bulls... The Veronicas did not record any songs with Max for their new album. I can vouch for this. They did not went to Sweden!!!

Alex Martin

It's so ridicoulos!!!! In his career max did always song very similar for more artist. The same arrangement,the same time(3:30)the same scheme with final chorus "rossiniano"

EX.I want it that way,as long as you love,quit playin games,shape of my heart.....all song written for BSB.

This song are very similar to......Until the time is through by Five
How will i know By Jessica
I need you By westlife
That's thye way it is By Celine Dion

If you want work with max you must know that max have this style and is possible that the song he write for you today next year probably will write with similar arrangement but different words for another artist.
It's only your choice!!!!! Do you want work with max for to have the certainty to become famous???? Take a risk!!!!!

Good 1 May to everyone :D

turnaround

If Pink and The Veronicas were both national artists noone would have noticed.
But with Pink scoring a world hit this is a different situation.

But I still think that the Veronicas should feel MORE happy than annoyed.

People know that their song was there first, that the same guy wrote it (I am sure many people are aware of it)...

Somehow that's just business and now they are in a position to decide with whom they want to work for the next album.

There are still thousands of artists who would give anything to be able to work with Max, I am sure.  :wink:
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Quote from: "hits"YES, they should be grateful for Max helping them.. BUT, wouldnt you feel ridiculed if you were them? Just imagine the scenario I already described above. Your album has been out for a couple months, and all of the sudden Pink brings out a single, and it sounds.. well.. exactly like the single YOU released not so long ago. That's like the producer you worked with ridiculing you PUBLICLY. Him screwing you over, and you not having the slightest bit of control over the situation. At least thats how I'd feel. And I'm sure The Veronicas (and also Pink) felt the same way, imagining that they take pride in what they do and stand for.

And I am glad that it's like that. I dont want a music industry where a producer takes one song, makes 2 (almost 3, with the Megan "Tap That" song) singles out of it, gets paid a shitload of cash for it, and everyone pretends like its the most normal thing in the world.

No, I don't agree that they are ridiculed! or that the producer is screwing them over.   I do not consider them to be exactly the same song, the music buyers obviously don't care because they have both been massive hits, so why should the artist? I don't understand this and am finding it extremely difficult to have sympathy for The Veronicas! or Pink is she was to complain. If this is all true and The Veronicas are annoyed then they are sounding like spoilt brats (previously I think they worked in a supermarket, but don't quote me on that).

Fine that you don't want 3 similar sounding songs released by different artists - that's your choice. For me these songs are excellent to me, I love them, I would be more than happy if 50 artists released similar songs by Max Martin. I can listen to these songs over and over and never be bored.

Rebecca

As for the Veronicas not having any control over the situation - well too bad! If they want complete control, well they can write every song themselves - music and lyrics with no help from professional songwriters and see how many hits they have then!

Rebecca

Quote from: "turnaround"If Pink and The Veronicas were both national artists noone would have noticed.
But with Pink scoring a worldhit this is a different situation.

But I still think that the Veronicas should feel MORE happy than annoyed.

People know that their song was there first, that the same guy wrote it (I am sure many people are aware of it)...

Somehow that's just business and now they are in a position to decide with whom they want to work for the next album.

There are still thousands of artists who would give anything to be able with Max, I am sure.  :wink:

True!
geez I could talk about this topic forever, but i'll shut up for a while.

happy May 1 to everyone too!!

The Pink concert last night was fantastic and she got the biggest cheers from the audience when she sang U + Ur Hand. She should be very happy with that song, I really hope we don't hear her complaining.

NIKLAS"NiCkY"

Quote from: "hits"
Quote from: "nicky26"Rumors.......yes... Almost every song at shane ward album is written by our guys, lesleys album too..........And now The veronicas are recorded new songs with the maratone team later this year its true..And about Kelly Clarksson she dont want to work with max,rami or luke anymore and there she made a stupid mistake....All this is true....one guy from maratone told me this..... bye bye bye and dont belive in everything at the internet...

Bulls... The Veronicas did not record any songs with Max for their new album. I can vouch for this. They did not went to Sweden!!!

OK so you say that Rami lie to me.....He said exactly this "going to work with Veronicas"

turnaround

No Reb, don't shut up. It's so interesting to hear people's opinions.

And it's nice to hear different views.

Oh and great the audience enjoyed this Pink song especially!  :D
And I liked it..

NIKLAS"NiCkY"

Quote from: "Rebecca"
Quote from: "hits"YES, they should be grateful for Max helping them.. BUT, wouldnt you feel ridiculed if you were them? Just imagine the scenario I already described above. Your album has been out for a couple months, and all of the sudden Pink brings out a single, and it sounds.. well.. exactly like the single YOU released not so long ago. That's like the producer you worked with ridiculing you PUBLICLY. Him screwing you over, and you not having the slightest bit of control over the situation. At least thats how I'd feel. And I'm sure The Veronicas (and also Pink) felt the same way, imagining that they take pride in what they do and stand for.

No, I don't agree that they are ridiculed! or that the producer is screwing them over.   I do not consider them to be exactly the same song, the music buyers obviously don't care because they have both been massive hits, so why should the artist? I don't understand this and am finding it extremely difficult to have sympathy for The Veronicas! or Pink is she was to complain. If this is all true and The Veronicas are annoyed then they are sounding like spoilt brats (previously I think they worked in a supermarket, but don't quote me on that).

Fine that you don't want 3 similar sounding songs released by different artists - that's your choice. For me these songs are excellent to me, I love them, I would be more than happy if 50 artists released similar songs by Max Martin. I can listen to these songs over and over and never be bored.

I could not say it better Rebecca "thanks"

NIKLAS"NiCkY"

Quote from: "Rebecca"As for the Veronicas not having any control over the situation - well too bad! If they want complete control, well they can write every song themselves - music and lyrics with no help from professional songwriters and see how many hits they have then!

and the anwser is 0...

Rebecca

Quote from: "nicky26"
Quote from: "Rebecca"As for the Veronicas not having any control over the situation - well too bad! If they want complete control, well they can write every song themselves - music and lyrics with no help from professional songwriters and see how many hits they have then!

and the anwser is 0...

haha, 0, that's what I was thinking.