• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

It's time for a change

Started by Feelgoodlies, May 30, 2007, 04:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feelgoodlies

Hey guys I always keep thinking about this

since 2000 up until maybe late 2001 Swedish music began to decline and Pop-rock songs took over

and The Cherion and Ex productions are unable to just re-invent new Swedish Pop music,why do u think so?

turnaround

You are right. But I think Locationsongs and Maratone tried to deliver songs in Rock-Pop style (Marion Raven, Kelly Clarkson, Lindsay Lohan), but apart from a few songs I don't think they could achieve the fabulousness of the former pop songs.

But as many of the writers come originally from Hardrock bands I think most of then have the potential to write good pop-rock songs too, but I personally would prefer if they tried to create a new popsound of course.

For me the Cheiron-Pop never gets old and I really hope Pop will come back, and they can do again what they are best at! ;)

But with the declining numbers of bands and singers who are singing real pop and many artists wanting to write on their own, I guess it's hard for the Cheiron writers to get their songs out.

Luckily we have the Idol shows which mostly produce pop artists!!
And I liked it..

Rebecca

I don't know the answer to this question - though it's something I wonder all the time.

I am always hanging out for the return of pop music.

I may think about this some more.

I agree with Turnaround - it is great we have the Idols who sing pop music.

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "turnaround"...and I really hope Pop will come back, ...
Aah come on... Of course it will. Everything comes back!
Go out on the street wearing your grandma's old clothing and you'll be treated like the god of fashion. *lol*

Oh and btw- I disagree with Turnaround & Rebecca about the Idol question. I'd rather see 1 real talent instead of 5 pushed-up-by-the-industry "wannabe-stars".

With that theory I always stick to my longtime favourites like Ace of Base or Roxette!
What happened to the bands that have to fight for their success and once they *have* success, they last? Roxette recently celebrated "Rox20" - their 20th birthday. I doubt any "Idol" will ever achieve that - sadly!

Rebecca

Quote from: "®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ"

Oh and btw- I disagree with Turnaround & Rebecca about the Idol question. I'd rather see 1 real talent instead of 5 pushed-up-by-the-industry "wannabe-stars".

With that theory I always stick to my longtime favourites like Ace of Base or Roxette!
What happened to the bands that have to fight for their success and once they *have* success, they last? Roxette recently celebrated "Rox20" - their 20th birthday. I doubt any "Idol" will ever achieve that - sadly!

Though I'm a fan of Idol, I agree with you too Jules to a certain extent. The problem is guys like Per Gessle are very rare and the music industry can't just wait until another guy like him comes along so Idol can be used as a filler.

Though I do think they have found some talents: Darin and Kelly (though maybe i just think that cos they have some Max Martin songs!)

princessofegypt

That's sad that people only like Kelly because she worked with Max. Her voice went to shit when she worked with him. That's when she started screaming, I guess that's what Max wanted on his pop-rock. Blah.

When I listen back to the shape her voice was in on American Idol, I miss it so much. She was brilliant, and she'll never be the same.

turnaround

I love what she said about "Breakaway" (The song)

. Whenever writers or producers come to work with me, they take advantage of the fact that I can really belt it out. What’s cool about ‘Breakaway’ is that it doesn’t take advantage of that. The song just uses the simplicity of my voice.”

You are right, bascially it's a shame, when such great pop-singers "waste" their voices with compositions where they have to scream and don't have good melodies, but somehow there is a demand, and I also loved "Since you been gone".

But I think this Girly-Rock phenomenon started off with Michelle Branch and Avril Lavigne.
And I liked it..

princessofegypt

Like, I listen to her performances of "Stuff Like That There", "Walk On By",  "Don't Play That Song", "Natural Woman" & "Respect" from American Idol and she was FLAWLESS. It's a shame, she can sing any style she wants. (or used to be able to..) but she chooses to do this pop-rock stuff. "Never Again"? Give me a break, Kelly. Use your voice to its potential and do some soulful bluesy tracks.  :cry: She really has the voice for that and that's what she loves, so I don't get why she settles for less.

CHB

hehe Since U Been Gone was my fave song of the year 2005. I think Kellys voice + Max Martin Sound was a top team.

I hope the girly rock / chick rock never will never die. Avril & Branch were the first chick rock artists. Since "Since U Been Gone" the Chick Rock sound looks great all over the world. A lot other artists have this chick rock sound.

but you see.

Hilary, Ashlee and a few other artists have change her music stil. The new Hilary Duff Songs are more club/black music. Thats really bad :/

I prefer tempo/fast rock/pop.

new swedish pop music ? no please.

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "Rebecca"Though I do think they have found some talents: Darin and Kelly (though maybe i just think that cos they have some Max Martin songs!)
No no, I agree! Darin is outstandingly talented!
I think his voice is just amazing and I'm really impressed by him co-writing on his first (Idol-) album and even co-writing his entire 2nd & 3rd album. I have to admit I like Darin's 2nd (self-titled) album best, and it doesn't have any Max Martin.
"Want Ya!" is one of the best uptempo tracks I have heard in YEARS!! (even though sadly the rubbish Us5-wannabe-boyband 'Part Six' totally trashed it down in their version :-/ )

Rebecca

Quote from: "Rebecca"Though I do think they have found some talents: Darin and Kelly (though maybe i just think that cos they have some Max Martin songs!)
No no, I agree! Darin is outstandingly talented!
I think his voice is just amazing and I'm really impressed by him co-writing on his first (Idol-) album and even co-writing his entire 2nd & 3rd album. I have to admit I like Darin's 2nd (self-titled) album best, and it doesn't have any Max Martin.
"Want Ya!" is one of the best uptempo tracks I have heard in YEARS!! (even though sadly the rubbish Us5-wannabe-boyband 'Part Six' totally trashed it down in their version :-/ )

I'm glad you like Darin! I haven't really got into his second album as much though I love the song Be What You Wanna Be. Want Ya is great too.

I think Darin could be huge around the world if his albums were released worldwide and more marketing. Personally I think that if Darin was American Justin Timberlake would be getting nervous.

Rebecca

Quote from: "princessofegypt"That's sad that people only like Kelly because she worked with Max. Her voice went to shit when she worked with him. That's when she started screaming, I guess that's what Max wanted on his pop-rock. Blah.

When I listen back to the shape her voice was in on American Idol, I miss it so much. She was brilliant, and she'll never be the same.

I liked Kelly before she worked with Max - I bought her first album, I love the song Miss Independant, but I came to really love her with Since U Been Gone. Unfortunately they didn't show the first series of US Idol her in Australia, I can imagine she would have been fantastic.

I like her screaming on Since U Been Gone
But yes, she is just fantastic on songs like Beautiful Disaster.

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "Rebecca"I think Darin could be huge around the world if his albums were released worldwide and more marketing. Personally I think that if Darin was American Justin Timberlake would be getting nervous.
Swedish media calls him "Sveriges Justin Timberlake".

Rebecca

Swedish media calls him "Sveriges Justin Timberlake".

wow, that's amazing! it was the first thought that popped into my head when I listend to Break The News. I prefer Darin to Justin.

Alex Martin

I agree with rebecca. Darin better than justin.....but justin more famous than darin :D