• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Maratone studios.

Started by malcolm hogg, July 12, 2007, 02:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malcolm hogg

Well guys and girls, i haven't had a great deal worth writing of late. But anyhow i was in Stockholm last week, and made my little pilgrimage to Maratone studios on Saturday morning. I was staying right in the centre of Stockholm and took the subway from City Terminal, only 2 stops to the station called Slussen. Then i walked for only a few hundred metres and found the building where the studios are located. Maratone is within a building that has if i remember correctly about 17 different businesses in it. Martatone operates out of unit 13! Lucky for us!!!!!!!! Anyway there wasn't much to see, 2 very plain entry/exit points and a small a4 size sign next  to one door that lists all the business in the building, with an intercom next to it. The a4 list also had the phone numbers of the respective businesses on it. The number for maratone had been scribbled out with pen, underneath the plastic cover of the sign. So i have a couple of photos on my phone, and if someone explians how to do it i  will post them up here if anyone is interested.
I got a little bit chicken and didn't ring on the intercom. And although i only saw the outside, i really enjoyed my little pilgrimage to Maratone. Next time i go i am definately gonna press the button and see if i can go inside to get a momento, even just a piece of letter headed paper or something! It was a great feeling to walk outside and pick up the vibe, knowing i was so close to where all of this great music was given life, and just to think i had been so close to where so many great people have also been!!!! I got the same feeling a couple of years ago when i visited hollywood and went to the locations of some of the great old studios of the 60's where Spector and wilson et al worked!
A childrens song, have you listened as they play? There song is love, and the children know the way!  B.Wilson/V.D. Parks. Brian Wilson presents Smile.

turnaround

Wow, exciting read!

I also wanna check all the studios.

It's great to know you were so close and next time I am sure you will make it  :D

I would love to see the pictures - you just have to go to http://www.imageshack.us and select the file from your harddrive and upload it.

You will be given links after a short while and you  just copy and paste them here :)
And I liked it..

jarle

turnaround

We need to write a Swedish studio sightseeing guide.
It would be my main activity besides searching for CDs  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
And I liked it..

Linda

Thats awesome Malcolm..... You're so lucky
I know what you mean though... I would be too scared to press the intercom aswell.....

and If you can , please post your pics... I'd love to see them...

:D

malcolm hogg

I will post them to that site, hopefully on Saturday. I don't have the wire to connect my mobile to the computer, so i have sent the pics to my friend, he is in Sweden until saturday morning, he said he will email them to me when he gets back.
Yeah next time i definately will find the courage to ring the bell!!!!!
I think i'm going to go back out to Sweden next month, not toio sure whether i will be in Stockholm though
A childrens song, have you listened as they play? There song is love, and the children know the way!  B.Wilson/V.D. Parks. Brian Wilson presents Smile.

Rebecca

Wow, Malcolm that is fantastic!
How exciting.

I would have been too chicken to ring the doorbell too, but it must have been nice to stand outside and just soak it all in

if you can, i'd love to see some pics too!

malcolm hogg

I think i did the picture thing correctly!!!!!!

Here is the link for the photos, 3 of Maratone and 2 of big fat drunken englishmen!!!!!!

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/suitboy/

turnaround

Thanks malcolm, yes it worked!
I can't find it though where it says "Maratone", I guess I am just thick

:lol:  :wink:
And I liked it..

malcolm hogg

It doesn't come across so great on that photo. The darker scribbled out area on the right side is where the have scribbled the phone number out, that is actually on the paper itself underneath the plastic glass cover, the scribbled bit to the left is the unit number and the scribbled section in the middle is where it says Maratone. Both the unit number and name have been scribbled over the glass so you can still see them. THe big glass door is like an entrance to a fashion store, the other door that looks like a plain garage door has the intercom next to it. I will press those intercom buttons the next time i'm there!!!!!!

turnaround

Oh yes - thanks, exciting to know it's only a few metres away!
And I liked it..

Linda

nice pics!

so exciting! Thanks for sharing!  :D

malcolm hogg

You're welcome.
Perhaps next time, i may get sum pic's of the inner sanctum?!?!?!?!?!

Linda

Yea... That would be brillant... ! :D

LemmyDecaution

Found this little thread. It's been dead for a while. ;D

Found an archived article by Aftonbladet back in 2000 when Max Martin closed down Cheiron and found a new place at his present location at that time called "Cosmos Studios" in southern Stockholm, later renamed Maratone Studios in an office complex. It's nothing special but fun anyway.

http://wwwc.aftonbladet.se/noje/0009/01/max.html