• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

"Walks Like Rihanna" chorus sounds.....

Started by georg_e, January 15, 2014, 09:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

There's no real instrumental for this song out there, and I'm trying to figure out if there's a sustained synth going on in the CHORUS or not. (Like chords for full measures). I can hear what sounds like Juno synth playing crisp chords on the OFF-beats, and of course the guitars, but is there also a subtle sustained thing going on? And if so, how to get this type of sound? (Trying to figure out a way to get something like this effect on a song I'm working on --subtle --without it being obvious synthy sounding). Thanks! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OGyHRKMPOE

AdamKhan

I think the bass guitar is layered with some synth sounds possibly from the prophet 08 or juno and sidechained, but alot of hidden layering going on.

georg_e

Quote from: AdamKhan on January 15, 2014, 10:01:57 PM
I think the bass guitar is layered with some synth sounds possibly from the prophet 08 or juno and sidechained, but alot of hidden layering going on.
Thanks :)   Sometimes songs like this it's almost subliminal for me -- it has the EFFECT of sustained, but I can't put my finger on how they got it! (Or even if it's really there at all).

Jalado

Maybe filtering it would make that effect.

j.fco.morales

I have an official karaoke version with BG vocals, send me a PM with your e-mail.

I don't know if Cirkut has production credits -I think he does because he's Luke's protegé- and he overuses Bitcrusher on EVERYTHING to get his sound.

Jalado

Would you happen to know what bitcrusher plugin he uses?

j.fco.morales

Not really sure about it, but almost any DAW has the Bitcrusher plugin... and it doesn't need much explanation: it's just distortion! :)