• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

OT - New Zealander in Stockholm

Started by davegeenz, September 03, 2007, 02:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davegeenz

I know this is kindof random, but I'm about to leave New Zealand on a month's holiday, mainly going to the UK and USA.

However, thanks to those budget flights I've booked a quick weekend trip over to Stockholm as well (this coming weekend Sat 8-Sun 9 Sept).

I was just wondering whether there was any forum members that happened to live somewhere in central Stockholm, and might feel like meeting a friendly "kiwi" for a quick drink and a few tips on what to see?

malcolm hogg

Dave, check through some of my posts, i was there a few weeks ago and went to maratone studios, worth a look in my opinion. Also, someone else has mentioned that max has a restaurant. I'm hoping to go to sweden again soon, and i will be checking that out too!!
Enjoy your trip
A childrens song, have you listened as they play? There song is love, and the children know the way!  B.Wilson/V.D. Parks. Brian Wilson presents Smile.

turnaround

Hey, oh I am jelous :D

Here are some addresses you might like to visit:

Max restaurant is called "East" and is here I think:

East
Stureplan 13, Stockholm, 111 45

The old Cheiron Studios were here (later TheLocation)

Drottningsholmsvägen 35
112 42 Stockholm

I'd love to go to the CD stores and 2nd hand music stores of course :)

If you are a musician you might be interested to go to the biggest music store in Stockholm

Deluxe Music Fridhemsgatan
40 Stockholm
And I liked it..

Westhaven

Deluxe Music supplied pretty much all the studio gear to Cheiron (which was just down the street) and probably a lot to Maratone too.

turnaround

Niklas Jarl, a songwriter who also collaborated with Max worked/works there :)
And I liked it..

davegeenz

Cheers for that guys... will try and locate a few of those spots while I'm there.   :D

Rebecca

Have a great holiday Dave, have a meal at East and check out some of those places and let us know how you go!

davegeenz

Had a great weekend quick-trip to Stockholm... Thanks to Malcolm and Turnaround I managed to find my way to Maratone (got a photo outside the building like Malcolm, and another one inside by the business list on the wall inside by the door to the upstairs companies...  was at the back end of a little mall.

Also went to the restaurant East on Saturday night...  great place, pan-asian menu...  On the pricey side, but that's for the par with Stockholm I gather, and the meals were large and fantastic.

Pretty large place, seperated into a number of different "zones"... we were near the back by some massive portrait art on the wall, there was another section with aquariums down the wall beside your table...  looked to be another section out the back just behind where we were sitting that may be a private area for the celeb-people... all black with coloured circles.  Didn't spot Max or any of our friendly artists the night I was there tho  :D  (sorry no photos, still travelling for a couple more weeks, will post when I'm back home in NZ...)

malcolm hogg

Hey, you walked in my footsteps!!!!!!!!! Glad you enjoyed it. Did you get enough bravery to try and intercom them?!?
Looking forward to your photos. Hopefully i may be there in a week or so. Perhaps we should make a compendium of forum users photos from cheiron-esque travels?!?!?!?!
So did you take the train to Slussen, or did you make your way there somehow differently?
It's kinda wierd how easy it is to find the location of Maratone don't you think?!?!?!
A childrens song, have you listened as they play? There song is love, and the children know the way!  B.Wilson/V.D. Parks. Brian Wilson presents Smile.

turnaround

Fabulous dave, you're welcome!

Thanks for sharing, I envy you guys, I really want to go too, glad you enjoyed it!  :)
And I liked it..

Rebecca

wow, that's great Dave. So glad you saw Maratone. Also great you went to East - sounds really really. It must be pretty fancy if there's a private area for celebrities.

davegeenz

Quote from: malcolm hogg on September 14, 2007, 12:17:11 AM
Hey, you walked in my footsteps!!!!!!!!! Glad you enjoyed it. Did you get enough bravery to try and intercom them?!?
Looking forward to your photos. Hopefully i may be there in a week or so. Perhaps we should make a compendium of forum users photos from cheiron-esque travels?!?!?!?!
So did you take the train to Slussen, or did you make your way there somehow differently?
It's kinda wierd how easy it is to find the location of Maratone don't you think?!?!?!
I made my way to Slussen by the T-metro... had trouble finding the street Maratone was in, but had printed out your photo outside the building, and showed it to a local who recognised the street name and gave me directions ;-)  No didn't ring intercom, weekend so probably noone there anyway...

davegeenz

Here's my promised and long-overdue photos from my weekend trip to Stockholm in September...

Outside the building which houses Maratone studios...

Inside the building, beside a list of companies on each floor.
There was a security keypad and card-swipe device below the bottom of the panel, which presumably unlocks the door...

Maratone appear to be on the 4th Floor, although there may be a different entrance for them (the main sign referred to "17B", but Maratone are listed as "17A)...

There was also a small indoor shopping mall and food court just past this entrance.

I hope to return to Stockholm again next year, probably around the same time (Aug/Sept)... Maybe there might be one or two others keen to catch up there, and who might be brave enough to try and get further than just outside the door at Maratone?! (My excuse is that I visited on a Satuday  ;))

turnaround

How exciting, thanks for these Dave  ;D

You should have been camping in the hallway and waiting till you see someone.  :D

I wonder how many fans check it out, I must visit it too when I go there, hopefully one day.
And I liked it..

davegeenz

And here's few photos from my evening visit to Max Martin's "East" pan-Asian Restaurant in Stockholm...

Outside East (Max was unfortunately nowhere to be seen ;-)

Enjoying dinner with my friend Rachael...
Seriously awesome food, altho the prices are similarly serious! (especially for us travelling on New Zealand $!)

The very well-stocked bar...