• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Sharing, illegally downloading, CDs discussion

Started by Rebecca, November 11, 2007, 06:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca

Jules, why did you regret sharing songs?
because it's not legal or because you think people should buy their own?

I think people should buy their own copy too, but sometimes when a song is so rare and hard to find well sometimes sharing is the only way.

Linda

Quote from: ®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ on November 11, 2007, 03:34:10 AM

Oh and besides, I was called "Mr. Greedy" (again) yesterday due to the fact that I don't share music (as I told you).
I did in the past and regret(/ed) it.

Don't regret it..... ;)

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: Rebecca on November 11, 2007, 06:34:44 AM

I think people should buy their own copy too, but sometimes when a song is so rare and hard to find well sometimes sharing is the only way.

Sometimes you do things in good intention, because you think someone is nice and you wanna be nice too. And later on, when that person shows their real face you realise that maybe what you did was a mistake...

Bout all the legal/illegal topic. Oh well. Everyone has illegaly downloaded music at some point. Some people do it randomly, some people do it if there's some really rare stuff which is impossible to find/buy and some do it constantly and would never think of "getting" music in a legal way.

I can just say that me personally, I'm very "allergic" to that topic.
With most people that I had a "deeper" conversation about this, I got so upset that I said some really ugly things because of their absolutely ignorant opinions. I'm just so sick and tired of all the fake "excuses" of everybody...

• "oh it doesn't matter cause the artist is rich enough anyways"
  • "oh it doesn't matter cause the record company earns enough anyways"
  • "oh I just wanna listen to it and see if I like it"
  • "oh there's just like 4 songs on that album that I like so it's not worth buying"
  • "oh I don't have money so I can't afford to buy CDs"
  • "oh what does it matter anyways, it's just music"
  • "oh she already sold platinum so it doesn't matter"
  • etc. etc.

It's just absolutely pathetic!!

For myself the main reason why I go out buying CDs is because I'm a crazy collector maniac with about 2000 CDs now, and I just hate CD-Rs. I have to have a case, a booklet, and a printed disc to put in my shelf!!

I have a certain "value" on music which most other people don't have.
For me it's not "just music". It's a "product" that I enjoy to use. It was hard work for the person who created it. I respect that persons work and effort. I can't go to a store either, steal the CD and say "oh that CD already sold 2.000.000 copies so it doesn't matter if I steal this one".
The product is the MUSIC, not the physical piece of plastic it's printed on. Not the case or the booklet either.

That's *MY* opinion because I respect the "product" music.

I don't expect anyone to share my opinion, I just expect anyone to respect it.
Think again before you call me a "greedy" person.

Tiiger

I agree with everything you say, Rainbow. Unfortunately I don't always live up to it.  :P
Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable

Linda

Quote from: ®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ on November 11, 2007, 07:41:21 PM
Quote from: Rebecca on November 11, 2007, 06:34:44 AM

Sometimes you do things in good intention, because you think someone is nice and you wanna be nice too. And later on, when that person shows their real face you realise that maybe what you did was a mistake...

Bout all the legal/illegal topic. Oh well. Everyone has illegaly downloaded music at some point. Some people do it randomly, some people do it if there's some really rare stuff which is impossible to find/buy and some do it constantly and would never think of "getting" music in a legal way.

I can just say that me personally, I'm very "allergic" to that topic.
With most people that I had a "deeper" conversation about this, I got so upset that I said some really ugly things because of their absolutely ignorant opinions. I'm just so sick and tired of all the fake "excuses" of everybody...

• "oh it doesn't matter cause the artist is rich enough anyways"
  • "oh it doesn't matter cause the record company earns enough anyways"
  • "oh I just wanna listen to it and see if I like it"
  • "oh there's just like 4 songs on that album that I like so it's not worth buying"
  • "oh I don't have money so I can't afford to buy CDs"
  • "oh what does it matter anyways, it's just music"
  • "oh she already sold platinum so it doesn't matter"
  • etc. etc.

It's just absolutely pathetic!!

For myself the main reason why I go out buying CDs is because I'm a crazy collector maniac with about 2000 CDs now, and I just hate CD-Rs. I have to have a case, a booklet, and a printed disc to put in my shelf!!

I have a certain "value" on music which most other people don't have.
For me it's not "just music". It's a "product" that I enjoy to use. It was hard work for the person who created it. I respect that persons work and effort. I can't go to a store either, steal the CD and say "oh that CD already sold 2.000.000 copies so it doesn't matter if I steal this one".
The product is the MUSIC, not the physical piece of plastic it's printed on. Not the case or the booklet either.

That's *MY* opinion because I respect the "product" music.

I don't expect anyone to share my opinion, I just expect anyone to respect it.
Think again before you call me a "greedy" person.

well said.. :)

Rebecca

I agree with you Jules

1. I'm too lazy to search around and download stuff, so much easier to just go to a shop.
2. Like you I have to have the booklet with the songwriting credits, photos etc
3. I want my purchase to contribute to album charts
4. I too think the artist should receive money and record company to receive money so the record company will allow that artist to record more albums
5. Cd's are so cheap anyway, new cd's are $18.99 AUD mostly

Where it's difficult is where the album is rare, which is more the reason to find the actual cd because it's so rare, but sometimes impossible.

However, if someone told me they downloaded a 50 Cent cd for free, I wouldn't care less!

Feelgoodlies

I love to share stuff really whther I bought tehm or not it just doesn't matter to me,specially when someone  asks me to give him/her a certain song/album or whatever I'd do anything to give it to them!

I guess taht's me...and hey ILLEGAL download is so hard as well don't think those who dowload illegally get stuff easily for example me sometimes I have to stay like 2 hours for an album to be dowloaded or maybe it reaches to 80% and suddenly stops due to computer errors.

and yeah I actually support both things legal and illegal download no matter what.

Linda

I download rarely....
I rather buy cds..
I like to have the credits of songs, etc

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: ®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ on November 12, 2007, 11:05:25 PM
Quote from: Feelgoodlies on November 12, 2007, 06:56:27 PM
and yeah I actually support both things legal and illegal download no matter what.

Do you aswell support both buying and stealing of CDs from a store no matter what?
this is not the point the point is I share whether I buy or not(support this idea),and I support buying for your favourite artist/music and download for those you barely know...speaking of BUYING I am sure most of the world don't buy nowadays they download ILLEGALLY and I can prove that,have not u heard of TORRENT MILLION WEBSITES,or the MILLION BLOGS/FORUMS. 

anyway...

Unexpected

Quote from: ®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ on November 12, 2007, 11:05:25 PM

Do you aswell support both buying and stealing of CDs from a store no matter what?

It's not the same , downloadind is not stealing , sometimes I think  why should I spend at least 10$ to buy a CD at the end I didn't like it , I download illegaly most of the time , but also download legaly  , and even legal downloads is not easy , I have once bought 3 different songs but the didn't work  ((some liscence issues)) but I downloaded others and they workes ,

My bottom line is , I download the song/album illegaly if I like it  I will buy it otherwise no ,
But My fave artist (No Angles ) Sure I have to buy their music ,

Unexpected

have any one told you this before , but you are boring , it's not the same , if u can buy a cd with 15$ and didn't like it u just throw it away , not everybody can ,

I can , But I don't want to , what really make sense about buying album for an artist u don't like

and by the way , even if there's no illegal downloads , I'm not going to buy all the music , only for the artist I love , as I'm doing now ,

so .....

Prime

I guess taht's me...and hey ILLEGAL download is so hard as well don't think those who dowload illegally get stuff easily for example me sometimes I have to stay like 2 hours for an album to be dowloaded or maybe it reaches to 80% and suddenly stops due to computer errors.

I hope you meant that ironic...Otherwise I would feel REALLY sorry for you...  ???

Quote from: Unexpected on November 13, 2007, 04:34:25 PM
have any one told you this before , but you are boring , it's not the same , if u can buy a cd with 15$ and didn't like it u just throw it away , not everybody can ,

I don't know what bores you, but to me, you're acting like a 5 year old child... "what I say is right and in anything else I'm not interested..."

Unexpected

Quote from: Unexpected on November 13, 2007, 04:34:25 PM

I don't know what bores you, but to me, you're acting like a 5 year old child... "what I say is right and in anything else I'm not interested..."
[/quote]

Whatever!!!

Linda