• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

People talking about Max: Billboard

Started by j.fco.morales, July 16, 2016, 05:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/magazine-feature/7438969/billboard-hitmakers-roundtable-interview-mike-posner-julia-michaels-wendy-goldstein-chris-anokute-ron-perry-mike-caren-kid-kely

Why has Max Martin had such long-standing success?

Chris Anokute: I've worked with Max. We've had maybe seven No. 1s together, all with Katy Perry. He has always studied American pop music, and he's a very smart businessman. If you look at his MXM camp, he has 25-plus writers; the best ­musicians, beat guys, drum programmers ... He's the ultimate ­collaborator. That's why he's still on top, because he knows he can't do it by himself. Max will literally have five, six, seven names on a record as writers because he shares the wealth.

Mike Caren: His success is about his passion for music. Max is still curious, inquisitive, open-minded and always challenges himself. He doesn't need to do it for the money! (Laughs.)

Wendy, what's the longest you have held on to a song?

Wendy Goldstein: It's very rare that you sit on something for a long time ­-- two, three, four years -- and pull it back out again. If I think a song is strong, I try to flip it really quick. The best example of that was "Bang Bang." It was written for Ariana [Grande]. She cut it, and she hated it. So I sent it to [Republic executive vp Rob Stevenson], got Jessie J on it and then sent it to Nicki Minaj. I made them finish the record anyway. And then I was scared to send it to Ari. So I sent it to [Republic Records ­chairman/CEO] Monte Lipman and said, "Play this for Ariana." When she heard it, she was like, "I want it back."

melodicmoonlight

the Bang Bang tidbit is cool. i love learning about the formation of a song, especially in such early stages

turnaround

That's a great read, thank you for posting. ☺☺

QuoteAnokute: If you start with four people in a room writing a song at the same time, copyright law protects it as an even split. But if I started in a room with you, and I only wrote one word, I still own half of the song. I've been in situations where there were three writers in the room, the third writer did ­nothing, but he or she gets 33 percent.

Michaels: I had this happen with a song where the guy got 5 percent for literally producing the bridge. And as the song got bigger and bigger he was like, "I want 40 percent." It took three months for us to figure out how to make everybody happy.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

B Steady

From the name of the thread I would've thought it's Billboard (Mathieu) talking about Max Martin
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Quote from: B Steady on July 19, 2016, 01:19:56 AM
From the name of the thread I would've thought it's Billboard (Mathieu) talking about Max Martin

There's a thread about Mathieu, my dear.
I would post it there :)

nanofives

Julia Michaels knows well that Max is owning the business alone, not with Luke anymore.
It shouldn't but that comment was a Little bitter to me.
I should stop trying to get Luke in every topic lol.

Rebecca

wow, that was fascinating.
amazing that the Mke Caren from Warners listens to so many songs per week. and yet, there's hardly any good ones.

NeutronSynergy

alis grave nil