• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

You guys are too much into this Cheiron hype

Started by Dagge, July 24, 2016, 12:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Kleiner

Everything what iam hearing from you, is jealousy!

Where are your 23 Number 1 Hits and 70 Top Ten Hits?
I dont see them and i never heard a Hit from you!
So what are you trying to tell us and whats your point?

Pop Music is Pop Music, and it has his owen rules, you can learn!

Its always easy to analyse everything and tell people "OH that could be done by everyone"
So ask the people in the busniss, how hard it is, to make a Hit or a Worldwide Smash...
Everyone wants it and maybe 1% of them get it!
Maybe its easy, to write a song quick in a hour, wich has potential..
But the work around this song, to make it a Huge Hit Song, thats another story!

Shellback said in a Interveiw, that he had the same opinion about Popmusic, as you have
right now and he said, that it was the hardest thing for him, he ever made, to creat
a own great sounding Pop Song!

And by the way.. Thees examples you send.. Is that a fucking Joke?
Is that a "Hit" in your opinion?
Dude.. you have to learn a lot of things.. Belive me! :)

So please dont talk that kind of bullshit anymore!
Thank you! :)

badpoetry

Quote from: Dagge on July 27, 2016, 12:12:31 AM
As promised here I post several basic choruses that I made under 2 hr time. Basic channels only, Pro Tools free software, all played in same key because of easier comparison. Melodies 'inspired' by 'Shellback - hits from 2008 - 2016' youtube video. Inspired but not stolen (exactly like those guys do). Melodies not tweaked because I had no time. Compare those melodies with mine, only difference is their are slightly more tweaked to sound strong. OK, Shellback last year earned 4 mil. Here are 7 rough material 'hits'..now, where is my million  ;D

https://soundcloud.com/dagge1/rhythmic-pop-1/s-T02kn
https://soundcloud.com/dagge1/rhythmic-pop-2
https://soundcloud.com/dagge1/rhythmic-pop-03
https://soundcloud.com/dagge1/rhythmic-pop-04

I thought you were full of shit but those actually aren't bad. We should talk sometime.

backgammonfiend

I mean I'm well aware that Quit Playin Games, As Long As You Love Me, and I Want It That Way are all basically the same song - each song in that list having progressively more complicated structure. However, those three songs I listed are BSB's undisputed most popular songs. I feel like the reason why so many combinations of their songs sound similar is because they spent a lot of time trying to come up with a new smash so they went "F*** it" and just reworked songs that they already knew were successful. And Quit Playing Games wasn't even hardly made by Max! Lundin did 75-80% of the production work on it and it's two copies (I have grown to have a view that Rami was the best Cheiron producer, followed by Lundin, then Max, and lastly Per - Denniz was in a whole other category with his own style of low pitch drum songs. Dag really was the ace of bass.)

I bet this guy here could write 10,000 songs in his life, some might even be hits on the radio one day, but NONE of them will be as good as Quit Playin Games. And if you listen to that song vocalless, the verses literally only have the drum rhythm and one back synth (the second incorporating the string instrument from the chorus) - the chorus itself only a simple quiet piano, 3 note quiet string combos, an encompassing high pitch back synth, a tambourine like percussion, and the drum melody. It's a very simple song. Could I, or this guy, or any 18 year old with a pen have written the lyrics? Most likely. But could I (or this guy, or basically anybody that isn't Kristian Lundin himself) produce something as good using only like 5 instruments with a powerful arrangement that doesn't sound overproduced and not even in a complicated fashion? The simple answer is hell to the f*** no. There's a reason why Cheiron's the best production company of all time, and it's basically that - all of them can make a classic that is basic as hell in retrospect. Even Per Magnusson though he really only had Walk On By and I Lay My Love On You.
No other producers I have heard have had such great songs using so little equipment. I've heard plenty of Queen instrumentals, and The Beatles, and Michael Jackson, and plenty of other lauded artists of yesteryear. None match Cheiron's efficiency.

And by the way, the songs that even Rami himself made after 2002 aren't even half as good as the ones he made during the Cheiron years. I made a custom tape of 22 Rami songs in reverse chronology (2014 - 1998. Track 1 was One Last Time and the last was BOMT) and my dad literally said "these just keep getting better." A tape made in REVERSE order.

Ain't that a b*tch.

klukan

Hahaha lol this thread is hilarious!! Dagge, your ideas are shit. Sorry to say.

Dagge

Quote from: backgammonfiend on July 31, 2016, 09:04:49 AM
I bet this guy here could write 10,000 songs in his life, some might even be hits on the radio one day, but NONE of them will be as good as Quit Playin Games. And if you listen to that song vocalless, the verses literally only have the drum rhythm and one back synth (the second incorporating the string instrument from the chorus) - the chorus itself only a simple quiet piano, 3 note quiet string combos, an encompassing high pitch back synth, a tambourine like percussion, and the drum melody. It's a very simple song. Could I, or this guy, or any 18 year old with a pen have written the lyrics? Most likely. But could I (or this guy, or basically anybody that isn't Kristian Lundin himself) produce something as good using only like 5 instruments with a powerful arrangement that doesn't sound overproduced and not even in a complicated fashion? The simple answer is hell to the f*** no. There's a reason why Cheiron's the best production company of all time, and it's basically that - all of them can make a classic that is basic as hell in retrospect. Even Per Magnusson though he really only had Walk On By and I Lay My Love On You.
No other producers I have heard have had such great songs using so little equipment. I've heard plenty of Queen instrumentals, and The Beatles, and Michael Jackson, and plenty of other lauded artists of yesteryear. None match Cheiron's efficiency.

Some good points. But... I agree that Rami, Lundin and Savan are maybe even better than Max in arranging... but.. I agree that those guys learned their stuff well... but..

but... this isn't that hard or impossible to do... however hard some of you don't believe it. Fact is there weren't any producers so concentrated on a whole arr thing before them. Before Cheiron era arrangements were much simpler, with different agenda and purpose. Cheiron introduced well crafted arrangements that follow some rules...alot of classic composers chord progressions that were new to US market..and those rules are not that hard to decypher. Melody is the king, verse is very sparse, one or two instruments, chorus one or two more, strings included. Parts are un-melodic in order to not interfere with main melody. I have analyzed all this and it's nothing that hard to my opinion. Simple and always same sound sources, drums Korg TR + Fricke, Bass SE-1, other stuff Korg TR and Roland JV-2080, sometimes licks etc from E-mu module collection.  They found their sound, but it's not that hard to analyze what's going on.

Re. Max, he records one hitsong per week, but anyway manages to have 'only' 2-3 hits per year on a top chart instead of 52. That's alot of misses. Oops.. ABBA were The masters, hard to copy and immitate. Every song of theirs was a hit. Cheiron are good craftsmen...and that's about it.

Re. my examples... some guys here are so opinionated that they didn't manage to recognize two songs that were actual hits. But it's ok guys, I spoiled your cult abit :) I listened Cheiron hits and made my own melodies and chords in a matter of 5-10 min for each example. Ten minutes vs weeks of tweaking every one of first 10 chorus notes. Real pros do 300 such starting points per year, finish 50, record 10 and make money of three (Max kills most of those 300 in his head already but his final outcome is similar). Guys..it is not easy but its's doable. I know a famous british producer that said to me, just 'borrow', get inspired and throw those ideas out and don't think. You never know which one will be hit. Listen to them after a week or two, then you will know.

P.S. you don't need to tell me whether it has hit potential or not. We all know a hit potential when we hear it (or do we?). It's only a matter of invested time into constructing those 10 note variations. That's the hardest part. You have to invest time and effort, and you have to believe that you can do it at the end.

Rebecca

yes, maybe it isn't that hard to do in theory, however actually getting it done is a skill too.
A lot of times in life, not only do you have to have the skill, but also be in the right place at the right time, like the songwriters in Cheiron were, but that doesn't take away from the hits they wrote. Yes, maybe there were other songwriters who could have written all these hits, learned these tricks as you say, but it was the Cheiron songwriters who actually achieved it.