• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Midi sounds

Started by malcolm hogg, January 17, 2007, 01:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malcolm hogg

I wonder if anyone has any ideas on which sounds are best to go and buy. For a while i have been thinking of songs and tunes to write and record. For my own amusement and hobby really. Would like to try and emulate the cheiron sound. Suggestions on a postcard......................
A childrens song, have you listened as they play? There song is love, and the children know the way!  B.Wilson/V.D. Parks. Brian Wilson presents Smile.

Rebecca

So, you can write songs? cool. Definitely try for the Cheiron sound. Of course the songs that I love to listen to and buy are the bubblegum pop songs. Will you be singing the song as well? sometimes it's hard for a guy to get away with singing a really bubblegum song, but if it's a good song it's a good song. I also love the sort of song like Amazing by Westlife - totally corny but I listen to it over and over.
let us know if you write some songs.

andrea

I think that he's looking for the virtual instruments that Cheiron's guys use in their songs... first of all I want to tell you that is soooo hard to make a good pop song like Max&co. do! You have to spend a lot of money and a lot of time on it :wink: I suggest you to buy a good soundcard... something like an M-audio Audiophile... then you have to buy a sequencer, Cubase 4 is the best choice for novices... finally I suggest you these virtual instruments: Stylus RMX for drums, and Studio Case II (it's not the best, but it's good to start) for all the other instruments... I write pop songs and I can help you if you want! :roll:

Rebecca

Thanks Andrea for clearing that up for me! Malcolms post makes sense to me now! was kinda confused before

By the way Andrea, welcome to the Forum, so you are a songwriter too? awesome.

malcolm hogg

hi rebecca, and andrea. Thanks for your replies. "Amazing" is amazing, "thats the way it is" is flawless too. "when your looking like that", once max had reproduced it in my opinion is one of the best bits of pop production ever. There isn't one ounce of shame in loving bubblegum pop.
I messed around with cubase a bit, but found it a bit unfriendly. Cakewalk although is a bit more basic is much more logically set out in my opinion.
I will go down to the music store and pick there brains also. I have played guitar for years, but got myself a tascam us-122 midi interface, also got an EMU synthesizer. I can use that as a midi controller, but its a bit bulky, some of the sounds are quite good, but i'm not really sure how to utiliser those sounds. How do i get the one i like into my PC. My thoughts rite now are to go and get a smaller midi controller and some soft synths like you suuggest  and spend some money on those drum sounds you were saying. Do you know if they come with pre built editable patterns??

I think about music most of my time. One of the things that i found with Cheiron pop (especially max's stuff) is this.......
Most other music when i listen to it and disect it with my ears, i find myself thinking 'a drum fill rite now would improve this track, or, some extra percussion rite after the middle eight would be good, or there should be strings here, or whatever'.... with max's no matter if i listen to a song a thousand times, i have never once come up with anything extra that you could put in to it musically that would benefit it.
The other thing i like about all cheiron stuff is that 99% of the songs have a proper start, middle and proper end, rather than just a fade out, which to me is quite often a cop out! It turns the song in to a proper story, you can't read a story without an ending eh?!?!?!!? The only song with out an ending that springs to mind is 'Siberia'. Even without an ending, that would be in my top five cheiron songs.
A childrens song, have you listened as they play? There song is love, and the children know the way!  B.Wilson/V.D. Parks. Brian Wilson presents Smile.

andrea

Yes, Stylus RMX comes out with prebuilt editable patterns :wink: there are also hundreds of different kits! however the most important thing in my opinion is to compose a good catchy melody... then you have to find the right arrangement... finally you have to work hours on mixing, mastering etc etc... :D

malcolm hogg

I agree, definately. If you dont have the hook, everything else is kinda pointless. I think it is easier to start with a rough version of the drum track running all the time, and start to map everything out around that, then edit that down to how you like it. Stylus for me i reckon!!!!

maxmartin'sfan

hi!!

I 'm Learning to write and produce pop music...

:D If somebody need advices... or if somebody write pop music and want to talk with me ! I'm here!
i Apologize for my english...!

Ciao!
Nico

andrea

why don't we try to do a good song and send it to the location? :roll:

Niklas

Hi!
This will be my first message in here. Great forum!!
I'm also a songwriter from Sweden (just like Max hehe)
Cheers!

turnaround

Welcome to the forums Niklas ;)

Have you already written a song that someone released?

Great to have you here!  :wink:
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Hi Niklas, Welcome!

I also would love to hear songs that any of you have released.

maxmartin'sfan

yo!!

If someone want to write a good pop Music... It will be a great idea...!!

:lol:

You can here one of my music... it's  just an example...

http://www.myspace.com/popsoul

Rebecca

Quote from: "maxmartin'sfan"

You can here one of my music... it's  just an example...

http://www.myspace.com/popsoul

Hey, I took a listen! I like it, it's pretty catchy, very dancey! well done!

maxmartin'sfan

Thanks...! ^^  :D

But It's just an example...
the new Sounds will come soon ! and they are better...

I'm here to learn! I want your suggests and your advices..

I apologize for my english...!
If someone want to write a good pop music .. it will be a great idea...
^^