• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

New website designed for songwriters to get in-depth demo feedback - V. Cool!

Started by SongsByGROVER, January 30, 2017, 06:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SongsByGROVER

Thought this might be something you guys are interested in... maybe the most useful website I've ever seen for any serious songwriters!!

Basically you can upload your demo, then while you review other writer/producers's tracks, they'll review yours. Except it's WAY more in depth than any sites I've seen before, so you really get a very specific idea of the strengths of each of your songs, and of exactly which parts you need to work on!

Site is called http://demobros.co - totally free to use btw :) And they keep the privacy level very high, it's not made public at all, just will be played to a select few people. Worth a try to find out which of your tracks have the most chance of getting artist placements etc!

Post here if you like it... it's been developed by a friend of mine, so any feedback, I'll pass it straight on! Hope the word can spread!

:)

melodicmoonlight

This looks awesome! thanks for posting. Do you have a referral code?

DashD

Nice! I will definitely try this and share my experiences here. Thanks for the link, man.

SongsByGROVER

Yeah I'm really enjoying using it, reviewing the songs is pretty fun, scoring each section out of 5 as it appears etc. And the reviews you get back are indeed mega useful... you can see averages, or drill down into exactly what each person thought, and also into their track record so you know how reliable their opinion is... pretty clever stuff!

And ah yeah, my referral code is:
1484178292162x657183690229430800

Using the code lets you upload a song after 1 review instead of after 5. However, I'm pretty sure getting the site off the ground will rely on finding a decent-sized group of regular users who enjoy giving feedback and are willing to review plenty of songs, that way all members get lots of reviews. So in your initial trial, try to complete at least 5-10 reviews then upload your song, and while you wait for reviews to come back to you, you can keep reviewing others and build up more credits for your next upload :)

And if you like, give your own referral code out to your friends! (it's on the "account" page)

(BTW any bugs, DM me and I'll pass it on for them to fix straight away. It was all working great yesterday, though little fixes keep being added, and I guess sometimes updates add new problems!)

Cheers

SongsByGROVER

Hey btw, this is up on Reddit currently and getting a lot of hits now... if you tried it previously but the experience was limited, try again now... it seems to be working way better now, most bugs have been fixed and there's a lot more users - the songs i've uploaded today have had their first reviews within the hour :D

Also, surprisingly, the feedback i'm getting is really consistent and actionable... none of the usual thing where the first review says "great chorus" and the second review says "chorus sucks!"... haha. Definitely some knowegeable producers and writers on there giving out detailed critiques on everything from lyrics to rhyme scheme, dynamics, reverb settings even! I'll have to set aside some time to remix all my demos taking all the ideas into account, pretty sure i can get some big improvements!