• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Can Cheiron success be outsourced

Started by Dagge, March 28, 2017, 01:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dagge

Hi all, here is an intriguing question.

We live in a highly interconnected World, where many products/services are jointly offered/built on different parts of the World. From iPhone to software, everything is outsourced. I wonder if this same principe could be applied in music business.

Cheiron and swedish music success included many non-Suedes as active part of their success. Which means there may be equally good talent elsewhere, but Sweden used intelligent systematic approach and benefited from it. I wonder if there is possibility to replicate and outsource this on a different part of the World.

Ofcourse we must take into account that Sweden is highly developed society with some specifics (bad weather, no ego, willing to collaborate, intelligent folks, folk songs heritage), but some other place could also have their own advantage. In this outsourcing craze, I cannot see that music industry will be left aside. Especially if royalties continue to diminish, it may discourage some but give opportunities to some other with lower salary expectations. Exactly as in software industry. Possible analogy with Silicon Valley is invalid, because there are biggest Venture Capital firms located, best connections etc. In music this is not so specific, you could produce hits out of small island theoretically, and labels wouldn't care about your locations, they only care about hits and commercial side.

Do you think Sweden in music business is at such advantage that it cannot be substituted or outsourced. Please give honest opinion, with no patriotism involved :)

Rex

Pls sum it up in 1 sentence and I might answer later thxss xoxo

ferser1

you particularly outsource dumb jobs, like IT, production, helpdesk etc.

arts is something personal, just ousourcing will not give you hits, and dont expect that a max martin of china will be cheaper.

The producers actually already outsourcing for years, instead of real musicians, bands  very expensive they use digital instruments cheap