• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Why was there no Max on the Backstreet Boys new album...

Started by davpet, April 22, 2008, 10:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davpet

Why did Max not contribute to the new BSB album.

Did they have a falling out ?

turnaround

Hey dav.
Welcome to the board.

We also speculated about the reason and someone found an interview where BSB said they called/asked Max, but he never answered.

Sounded all a bit dodgy for my liking, I wish someone would ask them again.
And I liked it..

Feelgoodlies

hey buddy welocme...

everybody wanted this collaboration to happen again,but unfortunately it didn't for unknown reason.

I want him to do POP with them again,this is such a WILD dream for me!!

davpet

Thanks !

I have my own theories on this :

1. "Incomplete" was chosen as the lead single and was the biggest hit off "Never Gone" and it wasn't written by Max. This could have alienated him.
2. "Just Want You To Know" didn't do as well as expected. The music video with it's parody of the 80's rock scene backfired and many people didn't like it. Max might have felt this hurt it's chances at being a hit.
3. "I Still" (which in my opinion was one of the strongest songs on the album) was not released as a single in the US.

... basically Max was not happy with the way his contributions to the album were handled. He therefore chose not to be involved in their follow-up album (which has turned out to be the biggest flop of their career).

What do you think ?

Raul_esp

the blame is of the discography , siberia and climbing the walls should have been singles , I hope max martin come back with them besides he was in the concert seing them

Rebecca

I have wondered this so much as well.

I do remember reading something around the time Never Gone was released that Max wasn't even going to work with them on Never Gone. I think he felt that he had given them what he had and could offer them nothing more - just let them move on. But then it was Clive Davis who kept "Climbing The Walls" for them which then led BSB back to record more songs with Max.

It could be right that Max didn't have a hit single with the Never Gone album - maybe he was hurt by this.

Or maybe he couldn't offer them anything new, he'd given them the boyband ballads, also the rock/pop sound and maybe had no more inspiration for them.

And maybe he just wanted to get back to breaking in new artists again like Lesley Roy

Tiiger

Quote from: turnaround on April 22, 2008, 11:03:13 PMWe also speculated about the reason and someone found an interview where BSB said they called/asked Max, but he never answered.

That sounds more like a joke.  :D
Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable

Linda

Quote from: Rebecca on April 23, 2008, 02:40:32 PM

It could be right that Max didn't have a hit single with the Never Gone album - maybe he was hurt by this.

I doubt max would of been hurt by this.
as a songwriter, u have to realise that not every song is gonna be a hit.
its nobodies fault, and its def not the BSB's fault.
I think the reason he didn't work with them was because he has just moved on, and would rather work with new talent. =]

emjay

I emailed Rami and asked if the rumor that they would be working with BSB for their new album (Nick and a couple of the other guys said they would be) and he said, if all goes as planned, they would be. Still too early to tell though for sure.

Rebecca

oh, thanks Emjay, that's good news! let's hope it happens.

Tiiger

I'm fed up with BSB... I'm sure Rami & co could find new talents who are better and more interesting to work with.
Just the way you are
My love's never far
I will hear you call

Rebecca

I'm curious Tiiger, in what way are you fed up with BSB? do you not like their current album? do you think they're past it?

Tiiger

Just the way you are
My love's never far
I will hear you call

Feelgoodlies

Rami and co have fallen flat on their faces ever since they wrote to the new talents you are talking about Tiiger,and he and his co.will never rise to the uphill again,plus Rami was never known as a solo producer,his name was always glued with Max Martin.

The Backstreet Boys are a legend,personally I don't think they can achieve what they had at the moment,but oh well,I hope Max writes to them again and produces a decent material for them.