• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

What does Max charge per track ?

Started by davpet, April 23, 2008, 07:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davpet

I've heard super producers like Nate "Danja" Hills charge between $50 000 - $100 000 per track and Timbaland charges from $75 000 - $100 000.

What do you think Max charges ?

Tiiger

Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable

Guy

with his track record I would guess ANYTHING HE WANTS!  lol...

Linda

i'd say a lot.
it would be damn worth it anyway. =P

Rebecca

If Timbaland is charging $75,000 - $100,000, Max would have to be similar, at least $100,000 I reckon.

I remember reading somewhere that Mutt Lange used to ask for a six figure sum even before started writing. Max would be at that level for sure.

ahmed

hi everybody , i'm happy that the forum is back i missed u all  :)

i always wondered about how much producers make from music, i think it has something to do with the copy right,max deserves alot more than danja and timbaland but unforunately max recently doesn't work with big superstars so i don't know how much he get now .

turnaround

Hey ahmed. It's been a while, glad you are back!

Isn't it really the usual way that songs are "sold"?

I thought the songwriter mostly earns from the royalties.
And I liked it..

Unexpected

Quote from: ahmed on April 25, 2008, 09:55:35 PM

i always wondered about how much producers make from music, i think it has something to do with the copy right,max deserves alot more than danja and timbaland but unforunately max recently doesn't work with big superstars so i don't know how much he get now .

I remember in 2006 , in the billboard year end chart Max martin was #3 , just last year 2007 he had two big hits in the US   Pinks  who knew and U+Ur hand , so I guess he still get paid enough

ahmed

Quote from: Unexpected on April 26, 2008, 09:55:07 AM
Quote from: ahmed on April 25, 2008, 09:55:35 PM

I remember in 2006 , in the billboard year end chart Max martin was #3 , just last year 2007 he had two big hits in the US   Pinks  who knew and U+Ur hand , so I guess he still get paid enough

did who knew and u+ur hand reach #1 in USA billboard chart?

Unexpected

^^ No , Both songs reached #9 , and both had amazing chart-run , and I guess Who knew had outstanding Radio airplays in the US

davpet

[/quote]

Both songs where No. 1 on Billboard's Mainstream Top 40 chart.

ahmed

Quote from: davpet on April 28, 2008, 11:04:08 AM

[/quote]

i mean the main billboard single chart,what is mainstream?

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: ahmed on May 02, 2008, 11:14:31 AM
Quote from: davpet on April 28, 2008, 11:04:08 AM

i mean the main billboard single chart,what is mainstream?
[/quote]Ahmed,the mainstream top 40 I believe is the airplay Pop chart.

The billboard Hot 100 is the official US chart[singles,airplays,digiatal download],on that chart Pink peaked #9 with both U + UR Hand and Who Knew,although Who Knew recieved its success very late even after Europe in the US.
btw there is a Billboard Singles chart.

davpet

QuoteThe billboard Hot 100 is the official US chart[singles,airplays,digiatal download],on that chart Pink peaked #9 with both U + UR Hand and Who Knew,although Who Knew recieved its success very late even after Europe in the US.
btw there is a Billboard Singles chart.

The Billboard Hot 100 is the official US Chart, but it has become inaccurate in the last few years.

Hip-hop music is played on urban radio, as well as pop radio (Top 40). Pop music is only played on Top 40 radio and rock music only on rock radio. Thus when calculating the Hot 100 (sales and airplay) hip-hop will chart higher than other genres of music. Billboard realised this and subsequently created the Pop 100 chart which only includes airplay statistics from Top 40 radio combined with sales.

The Mainstream Top 40 measures airplay based on the total number of detections (and not statistical impressions like the Pop 100 and Hot 100 use). Thus if a song is No. 1 on this chart it will have been the most played song at pop radio in a given week and an accurate assesment of its popularity.

Rebecca

Thanks Davpet, that's interesting.