• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max's songs: which kind do you prefer?

Started by *Sabine*, August 05, 2008, 12:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Sabine*

Hey guys!
As you know, the style of Max's songs had evolved a lot since the beginning of his career...
Thought it'd be interesting to discuss which kind of songs written by him you prefer and why.
You can have multiple choice (up to 3) as I know one choice would have been too hard! :P
Hope you agree with my classification and of course, that you'll enjoy this poll!

Good votes!   ;)

As far as I'm concerned, I went for:
- Insane uptempo songs, pure Cheiron pop: they're just my favourite songs ever, if I play one song, i need to repeat it and I feel the need to sing and dance! "All you people can't you see can't you see!!!" They're my car music...lol
- Classic Cheiron midtempo songs: I love how they sound: perfect melodies in the chorus, really catchy and great rythm in the verses... so perfectly Cheiron in all senses!
- "Typical" Maratone : my favourite kind of songs today, really powerful pop/rock, great vocals and energy! potential hits for every song like this... :D

Rebecca

3 choices is not enough! I wanted to tick them all!

So, I went with Insane Uptempo Songs - The Call is just unbelievable, very original
Classic Cheiron Midtempo - my favourite all time song is Shape of My Heart
and Maratone pop - no reason except for love those songs.

Raul_esp

-first , I love the uptempo pop songs of cheiron it is for me the best kind of music has been done ever .
-second , I love too the midtempo songs as I want it that way o shape of my heart
- third , the cheiron balladas , I love so much dont wanna lose you now
- if I could to choose a fourth election , the maratone pop rock is other kind of music that I love , behind these hazel eyes , its my life or end of me , I love so much it  ;D

turnaround

What a good idea for a poll, well done Sabine.

I went for

Classic Cheiron midtempo songs
Cheiron melancholic ballads
Maratone's pop

I was tempted to chose Maratone's ballads too, but I think these three categories include all my favourite songs and the strongest songwriting so far.

Quite hard to decide of course, but I decide considering how much the song has touched me. 
And I liked it..

Feelgoodlies

I loved the poll idea Sabine!

I would DEFINITELY with out any certain doubt go for "Insane uptempo songs, pure Cheiron pop (ex: Larger than life, The call, Crazy, Stonger..." That's why I love the guys"
I also like them for this:
Classic Cheiron midtempo songs "ex: Shape of my heart, Lucky, How will I know, That's the way it is"

Ahhhhh Sabine u reminded me of the great days!!

But...how Overprotected can be compared to If That's OK With You here:
Maratone's pop (Stand by me, If that's ok with you, Overprotected, Cinderella...)

Overprotected is a crazy uptempo track, should've been in the first category!!

*Sabine*

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on August 05, 2008, 07:33:28 PM
I loved the poll idea Sabine!

I would DEFINITELY with out any certain doubt go for "Insane uptempo songs, pure Cheiron pop (ex: Larger than life, The call, Crazy, Stonger..." That's why I love the guys"
I also like them for this:
Classic Cheiron midtempo songs "ex: Shape of my heart, Lucky, How will I know, That's the way it is"

Ahhhhh Sabine u reminded me of the great days!!

But...how Overprotected can be compared to If That's OK With You here:
Maratone's pop (Stand by me, If that's ok with you, Overprotected, Cinderella...)

Overprotected is a crazy uptempo track, should've been in the first category!!

Yes, but Overprotected and Cinderella is not Cheiron. They were the first songs written at Maratone with NSYNC's Just don't tell me that...
Anyways, I think you're right in a way because Max's production for Brit's 3rd album was really special, a kind of bridge between Cheiron and Maratone and fitting Brit's musical transition perfectly! That's why I love him: he knows how to contribute to the artists!

I'm really happy you enjoy my poll by the way! :D

Unexpected

Oh cool Poll , I voted

Insane uptempo songs, pure Cheiron pop ,This is my type of music
also Classic Cheiron midtempo songs is great , and the maratones POP is very special LOVED britney works on britney the album , and Darin Stand by me is so catchy

secski

Well everything!

But especially, the uptempo dance (E-Type!), midtempo cheiron and maratone. Yeah!

Great poll. :)

*Sabine*

Interesting you picked dance songs! I feel that their dance songs have been pretty much low credited, especially E-Type that has a bad image in Sweden. People say all his songs sound the same and he's also considered boring... Anyways, i don't care.
In general, I notice that people prefer the old pop sound to Maratone's rockier edge (like me)...Nostalgia?

secski

yeah, i like dance songs :)

e-type might have a bad image, but his single still shot to number one! i like his songs cos the vocals sit right in your face when you listen to them. They are upfront in the mix (at least in the songs i like), rather like M-people (wow she has a monster voice) or La Bouche (another monster voice) in Sweet Dreams.

Yeah, i like the older stuff partly cos of nostalgia. Flooding me with memories.

I know max always wanted to take his pop to a rockier, edgier direction (as he is currently doing), i think he said he loved the goo goo dolls but wanted to make it even edgier. I love the newer stuff (esp. the kelly clarkson/pink stuff) too :D and i think he must really like lesley's voice!

Its funny cos lesley has such a sweet voice in her live version of unbeautiful, but the recorded version has her voice sound like its mixed with gravel; very emotive and i prefer that version. Sort of the opposite of what linda perry asked christina aguilera to do in "beautiful" lol. Now linda perry, there's another good writer/producer. :D

princessofegypt

Quote from: secski on August 13, 2008, 02:51:31 PM
yeah, i like dance songs :)

e-type might have a bad image, but his single still shot to number one! i like his songs cos the vocals sit right in your face when you listen to them. They are upfront in the mix (at least in the songs i like), rather like M-people (wow she has a monster voice) or La Bouche (another monster voice) in Sweet Dreams.

Yeah, i like the older stuff partly cos of nostalgia. Flooding me with memories.

I know max always wanted to take his pop to a rockier, edgier direction (as he is currently doing), i think he said he loved the goo goo dolls but wanted to make it even edgier. I love the newer stuff (esp. the kelly clarkson/pink stuff) too :D and i think he must really like lesley's voice!

Its funny cos lesley has such a sweet voice in her live version of unbeautiful, but the recorded version has her voice sound like its mixed with gravel; very emotive and i prefer that version. Sort of the opposite of what linda perry asked christina aguilera to do in "beautiful" lol. Now linda perry, there's another good writer/producer. :D
Can you explain what you meant about the Christina comment?  :P Are you saying it's not "emotive"? If you knew anything about that song, & what Linda had Christina do, you'd know that the vocals were the original demo of the first time she sang it, as to give it a REAL emotional quality, vs a glossed over production.

Christina fought her on it since she's a perfectionist but Linda won. lol

secski

Hi princessofegypt, nice to meetcha.

yeah, that is exactly what im referring to... we musta read the same article! i think lesley's voice was 'produced' to sound that way on unbeautiful whereas christina's was the first take. I know both were 'produced' to sound that way, but i cant think of a better word at the moment. :)

*Sabine*

Anyways, I think Max loves big productions. Contrary to other producers who prefer "rough original" voices, he will spend hours editing. I remember Britney saying "he's very hard on you on the vocals". And with her, he must have spent so much time making her voice sound good (which is most of the time very hard (i'm a huge britney fan, i'm not bashing). Before britney released baby one more time, I read they spent 6 months to invent her sound and how she'd sound herself...hence this "cracky" voice, especially in her 2 first albums. This is the same with other artists: the backstreet boys. i'm sure Max is singing behind them if a voice is missing, don't forget he's a great background singer and often sings in the song he produces.

secski

yeah i agree! Max's productions are COMPLICATED!

Underneath the major hooks which he focuses our attention on so well, he intricately weaves another level; deconstructing just the midi replicas of his songs is enough to show you wow, he really really knows his stuff, especially his harmonies wow.

ahmed

Quote from: *Sabine* on August 14, 2008, 09:23:21 AM
Anyways, I think Max loves big productions. Contrary to other producers who prefer "rough original" voices, he will spend hours editing. I remember Britney saying "he's very hard on you on the vocals". And with her, he must have spent so much time making her voice sound good (which is most of the time very hard (i'm a huge britney fan, i'm not bashing). Before britney released baby one more time, I read them spent 6 months to invent her sound and how she'd sound herself...hence this "cracky" voice, especially in her 2 first albums. This is the same with other artists: the backstreet boys. i'm sure Max is singing behind them if a voice is missing, don't forget he's a great background singer and often sings in the song he produces.

i LOVE your loyalty to Britney  :)