• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Keyboard used on Katy Perry/Ke$ha songs

Started by rhythmic5, April 15, 2012, 10:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhythmic5

I found this little 80's keyboard at a garage sale a couple months ago, found out it was used on several Katy Perry/Ke$ha songs, and decided to make a demo. Thought people from this forum might find it interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEvGHlFe3_A

georg_e

Loved it, thanks!!  That second sound you swtiched to on "TikTok" is sooooo the sound on the record!  :-)   Great the way you edited in the Luke/Benny clips too!

Feelgoodlies

Wow... I liked what you did, they indeed are the same sounds...

You could rip them songs now! :D

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

jv2612

I like the way benny says "sounds no one knows where they came from, i like to fuck them a lot yadaydyadyayday" yet uses a factory preset exactly as it is lolol

Joshua

Quote from: jv2612 on January 25, 2013, 05:58:09 AM
I like the way benny says "sounds no one knows where they came from, i like to fuck them a lot yadaydyadyayday" yet uses a factory preset exactly as it is lolol

Haha, good point! It would have helped if they didn't video themselves using it, but Benny probably doesn't care that much. It's more about not using obvious samples that everyone else can pick, but I guess he doesn't mind sharing his sources sometimes.

I have to say, I do miss the days of tracks being made with just a variety of good synths and some drum samples. It seems productions at the moment are more about compiling random sound effects and what not. I think I'm just being nostalgic though.

jv2612

Quote from: Joshua on January 25, 2013, 11:22:24 AM
Quote from: jv2612 on January 25, 2013, 05:58:09 AM

Haha, good point! It would have helped if they didn't video themselves using it, but Benny probably doesn't care that much. It's more about not using obvious samples that everyone else can pick, but I guess he doesn't mind sharing his sources sometimes.

I have to say, I do miss the days of tracks being made with just a variety of good synths and some drum samples. It seems productions at the moment are more about compiling random sound effects and what not. I think I'm just being nostalgic though.

Yeah, I honestly think the 2010 bubblegum pop was the best pop era, Dr.Luke got a bit washed now, if you see, there aren't any complex things as for example Animal or Teenage Dream, Teenage Dream (the song) is so well built, with any flaw, now his songs are just average.

DSonthebeat

Ahahahah I can't believe I finally found who did this video!! ahahahaah  :D

I bought this keyboard (me being not a huge fan of hardware) also because of your video after months of research ahahah pretty inspiring toy and chip sound goldmine, I'm reconsidering my workflow as I saw that using "magic boxes" like these (although they're not necessary) is a really effective way to make the production process more exciting/magic/anti-logic (I guess I just invented the last..).

So, THANK YOU  ;D
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

j.fco.morales

These synths are so easy to do and sounds really good, I was playing around the other day with the minimoog V plugin and made these kind of sounds.

DSonthebeat

Most of them, yes, but it's squarewave synthesis, you can't exactly replicate what's going on just by ear for what I understood about that synthesis technique. Especially the organ patch used for Kesha's Tik Tok, very unique sound IMO, plus passing the audio from the converters and a preamp give it some life, I experimented only just gateing the signal to take out the bg noise but it lost all the magic. And you have to play without midi correction too, so the lenght of the notes won't be perfect, for a guy like me who belongs to the MIDI/VST generation these are great discoveries  :P
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

j.fco.morales

Yes he does, he used Prophet a lot on Ke$ha's Animal.