• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Drowning (Backstreet Boys song) // How would you rate it?

Started by turnaround, November 15, 2011, 12:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

I stumbled over "Drowning" and I realised that it's probably my favourite BSB song.

What do you think?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1a8st_backstreet-boys-drowning_music

Andreas Carlsson, Linda Thompson, Rami Yacoub

It sums up perfectly what I love about Swedish music. Shamelessly poppy lyrics and melodies and fantastic production.

BTW there was another best-of released:

Playlist: The Very Best of Backstreet Boys

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playlist:_The_Very_Best_of_Backstreet_Boys

I would love to hear new material by the guys.

And I liked it..

Joshua

I like it, but don't love it as much as some of their other ballads. When I first heard it, I remember thinking that Max can't have been involved. Not that the lack of Max makes it a bad song, it just didn't hit me emotionally like his ballads do. I'd give Shape Of My Heart a 9 or 10, but I love that melancholy feel. Still, I can see why many people like it, it's one of my friends favourite Backstreet songs. By the way, does anyone else think it sounds a bit like Amazed by Lonestar?

Raul_esp

I has for me a 9 , an amazing pop song with an amazing melody , I love it!

This song always has reminded to me to ''Ordinary world'' by Duran duran.

Khan9898

The backstreet boys go back into the studio in february and march. Unfortunately, Rami-Carl-Kristian are all still stuck in Sweden with visa issues. I doubt we will see any Cheiron writers on the next album.

turnaround

Oh, interesting information! Where do you have this from? It's a shame if they can't collaborate due to visa issues.
And I liked it..

Khan9898

I sorta facebook chat and tweet Carl Falk time to time and i remember in the spring/summer of 2010 he left L.A for Sweden and him and a bunch of the swedes have been there since because of visa issues. Brian from the group also said they had the trouble, and Howie/Nick told fans recently they will be recording the new album first quarter of next year.

I say we have Cheiron forum, and members here tweet to Carl Falk and ask them to work with the boys along with Kristian and Rami!

turnaround

Yes, let's do it ;)

And bring the guys here too. Would be cool. Savan and Carl sometimes post at other forums too.
And I liked it..

Khan9898

Savan is doing X Factor USA in L.A now. But i think if we a get a bunch of the members here including the forum's official twitter to tweet to Carl he will obviously pass the message along to Rami since them two are always working together these days. Tweet that like BSB will be recording in Jan/Feb/March and it would be great to hear them sing swedish melody again.

Khan9898

Oh yeah and Rami still gets his myspace messages to his email so if you were to message him on myspace he would get it because it still is linked up to his email and he usually reads them and you can see if he read it or not.  8)

turnaround

Btw Carl Falk and Rami moved to the former ASIDE production studios. I wonder where Per and David are now..

Oh and "Millenium" is "Album of the day" at allmusic.com

http://allmusic.com/album/millennium-r402023/review

And I liked it..

Rebecca

I love Drowning, but it just misses something for me, I think Max. Though I do love it when Kevin sings "go on and pull me under...". I rated it an 8.

wow, that I Want it That Way Hot Cheese remix is cool!

Joshua

I just found this country version of the song and had to post it... was anyone else aware of this mix? I wonder if this was the original idea for the song, seeings as though "Black & Blue" was supposed to be a "real instruments" album originally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR008IFrjXw

turnaround

And I liked it..